VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:33 AM
VGMdb Staff

hey, anyone know the street value of this item as of late?

I only ask because I found mine recently after it having disappeared from my collection for a looong time.

I'm not *planning* on selling it, but depending on how Fiscal Year 2012 runs, it might become an option.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:47 AM
Trusted Editor

I'm not sure how much this helps, but maybe it's something to start on. These shops on YJA seem to be selling this new (actually, it looks like the same shop twice but...)

http://page14.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/s248372824 (¥3360)
http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c307335398 (¥3058)

Maybe that's a little strange because this is out of print in other shops, so maybe they don't really have it in stock? That seems weird for a YJA listing though.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:03 AM
VGMdb Staff

Those do seem like weird YJA listings to me too.

Anyone seen an eBay auction of this one lately?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
Those do seem like weird YJA listings to me too.

Anyone seen an eBay auction of this one lately?
No, but it's selling brand new for about $55 on eBay and only for $40 at otaku.com, so I wouldn't expect your copy to go much over that.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:24 PM

Yeah, I just nabbed this sealed for around that price. I have to admit I'm kind of surprised by that considering it's age (almost 10 yrs) but at least I was able to add it to my collection.

I had heard the album years ago but after hearing it in game (I just played the game for the first time last month) it made a much larger statement. Not saying you can't appreciate it outside the scope of the game, but it really helped me for some reason - especially with the boss and Phazon Mines themes.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 06:29 AM

... ... ... ... ... ... .. .. .. .. .. . . . .

Last edited by Guitarist500; Aug 24, 2016 at 12:35 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 07:57 AM

Just snagged a couple of these “sealed and new”, considering their age, wondering if they are legit...are they officially still running reprints?
Old Aug 11, 2020, 08:07 AM

Nah, this soundtrack has just been in print that long and for whatever reason there's still plenty of stock left. I guess they overestimated how many would sell or something. I bought mine new from Amazon a couple years ago. Kirby 64, Smash 64, and Megami Tensei I & II are/were also like this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aifread View Post
Nah, this soundtrack has just been in print that long and for whatever reason there's still plenty of stock left. I guess they overestimated how many would sell or something. I bought mine new from Amazon a couple years ago. Kirby 64, Smash 64, and Megami Tensei I & II are/were also like this.
Now if only they would do Metroid Prime 2 : Echoes. Ugh....