VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 14, 2008, 06:49 PM

Some tracks are tagged incorrectly for iTunes English. It's still J-E-N-O-V-A and it's Gold Saucer, not Golden Saucer. (There's also a typo in iTunes that says "Main in Black", not Man in Black, but I guess we can leave it be )
Old Dec 14, 2008, 06:52 PM

And here I was thinking this would be a joke post like "dose any1 kjnow where i can find ff7 ost, it awesomew"

Silly me.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 09:08 AM

Updated tracktimes, 2 problems found, Disc 2 tracks 08 and 18 each one contained 2:00 each, after the update each one 3:01, somehow this is really interesting both errors are just the same, did some other minor fixes.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 05:10 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Today is the 5-year anniversary of the submission of our first album (this one.)

(Though there were apparently 2 earlier submission that were part of the initial testing process.)
Old Jul 31, 2011, 06:03 AM

huh tomorrow no?
Old Jul 31, 2011, 06:32 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Well, it was done at 11:15 PM EDT on July 31. That would be early morning August 1 for those in Europe.
Old May 6, 2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Japanese composer Nobuo Uematsu used portions of "O Fortuna", "Estuans interius", and "Veni, veni, venias" for the final boss theme "One-Winged Angel" in Square Enix's Final Fantasy VII. source: carmina burana
I wonder if it should be in the notes
Old May 6, 2013, 12:02 PM
VGMdb Staff

I'm not classical music expert, but there are no such arranged portions in One Winged Angel as far as I know. Plus we don't blindly believe wiki.

However if only the lyrics are concerned that could be true, Angel has maybe 10 or so borrowed verses according to Angel's lyrics from some sites....
e.g.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/O...d_Angel#Lyrics
....but none of the melody from Orff's pieces.

here are Carmina's lyrics
http://www.classical.net/music/comp....cb/carmlyr.php

and tbh I don't know what are the Angel's lyrics, I always hear only Sephiroth lololol

edit 2: no, the lyrics are completely different at least according to the ac scan
http://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=42584
o yea have no idea about the '97 original though

Last edited by Efendija; May 6, 2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old May 6, 2013, 12:15 PM

bah I was perplexed about that too, could be only lyrics because o fortuna's melody and owa's don't sound alike at all
Old May 6, 2013, 12:29 PM
Trusted Editor

Advent: OWA does have different lyrics from original OWA, so it's useless to compare.

This has some info about the Carmina Burana connection. And aren't the verses takem from the poem, not the cantata (no idea is there even much difference between the poem and what's sung on cantata).
Old May 6, 2013, 09:35 PM

There's no musical reference to anything by Orff outside of a stylistic similarity.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
Today is the 5-year anniversary of the submission of our first album (this one.)

(Though there were apparently 2 earlier submission that were part of the initial testing process.)

I just added this to my collection and noticed the 3, which is the lowest number I've yet seen. I always wondered what the first one was.

This particular album has not held its value well over the years. I found it for 2,000 yen on YJA, in decent condition. I only bought it now because it was way too expensive 10-15 years ago and it just felt satisfying to be able to get it for next to nothing.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 05:29 PM

Know what'd be awesome? For the (potential) REMAKE OST first print to be made like this one; LP sized, picture disks and all.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 11:07 PM

I'm not sure if the quotes on the iTunes tracklist should be there. Also, what is the source for the main tracklist? A lot of the other sites such as RPGfan & the Final Fantasy Wiki use a completely different one (not the iTunes one). I have never heard anyone use the track name "Coast of the Sun" for "Costa del Sol"
Old Sep 26, 2015, 02:36 AM
VGMdb Advisor

The quotes can be seen here, maybe Apple/iTunes removes them.

Prime Blue editted it, it has several questionable choices but "Coast of the Sun" is correct (if you want accuracy), there is a subtle distinction here.

The place in JP is "コスタ・デル・ソル", literally "Costa del Sol". The music is "太陽の海岸/Coast of the Sun" --not called the same.
Compare to "ゴールドソーサー", plainly "Gold Saucer" (ie. the place and the music is called the same, unlike Costa del Sol).
Old Oct 26, 2017, 07:44 AM

I assume this is the correct section of the Forums to ask this question.

Do any (or all) of the physical releases of this soundtrack have any mastering errors such as clicks and skips? I'm asking this as pretty much all of the older YouTube uploads of Fight On! have a weird skip around 4 seconds in.

I'm assuming these uploads may have all been taken from a single Rip of the physical OST from way back then that was probably floating around the net, as is the case with a lot of YouTube uploads, but I wanted to see if it's due to either a case of someone failing to rip the OST correctly back then or if it is a genuine issue found on the release.

I'll probably put off buying a copy if it's the latter as i'm pretty picky when it comes to soundtracks, if there's mastering errors or if the songs don't even loop then I usually avoid them.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOV_Games View Post
Do any (or all) of the physical releases of this soundtrack have any mastering errors such as clicks and skips? I'm asking this as pretty much all of the older YouTube uploads of Fight On! have a weird skip around 4 seconds in.
There's no such glitch in this pressing (SSCX-) and in all my years of listening to it - a lot - I haven't noticed any others. 3-03 The Great Warrior has an odd sound in the right channel (just before the end of the loop) that's always bothered me, but I think that's baked in and nothing to do with mastering.

I'm assuming later printings are identical, but perhaps not...
Old Oct 27, 2017, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by student41269 View Post
There's no such glitch in this pressing (SSCX-) and in all my years of listening to it - a lot - I haven't noticed any others. 3-03 The Great Warrior has an odd sound in the right channel (just before the end of the loop) that's always bothered me, but I think that's baked in and nothing to do with mastering.

I'm assuming later printings are identical, but perhaps not...
Thanks for the information!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:05 AM

They made a bad mistake with the materials on this album. Copies of this album almost always has something wrong with it, the worst being that embossed (is that the word) fancy smooth FFVII logo on the front cover of the book that always gets damaged, mostly by getting stuck like glue to the inside of the external black box, which basically damages that too. Also, any white bits of this album like the box and the book + foldout paper also get often stained/yellowed. Furthermore, the book is also often in a ripped condition (probably because it gets stuck to the box and people unknowingly peel away the book too hard).

I have similar issues with the FFIX Limited Edition (always at least mildly stained at best, a deathly yellow at worst), and FFVIII Limited Edition (disc trays always loose from dried glue).
Old Oct 20, 2022, 03:59 AM

Did anyone find a way to neutralize the meteor glue on the leaflet? This sh*t sticks to everything. I've cut one of these so I can put it on top of the meteor and prevent damage when it's going back in the box, but now even that soft polypropylene is sticking to it hard..
Please share your experience / solution if any !

Last edited by Alcahest; Oct 20, 2022 at 04:02 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcahest View Post
Did anyone find a way to neutralize the meteor glue on the leaflet? This sh*t sticks to everything. I've cut one of these so I can put it on top of the meteor and prevent damage when it's going back in the box, but now even that soft polypropylene is sticking to it hard..
Please share your experience / solution if any !
Nope, my solution was much the same as yours - I had a transparent sheet left over from some other packaging, so I cut it to the size of this booklet and stuck it over the front.