VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 29, 2014, 09:31 AM

Nintendo is really generous to release this years after the fact. There is a great game rip for this and Path of Radiance but it's nice to have something official.

I hope they decide to release soundtracks for Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword at some point too.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 04:26 PM

Considering Tablier Communications released Awakened OST, it is likely that they have formed a relationship with Nintendo to do more releases. I'm expecting Sword of Seals next since it did not have a proper release as Rekka no ken. Then together with that they might as well do a complete release of Rekka no ken. Not really yearning for Sacred Stones but wouldn't complain if they did.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 02:50 AM

Better late than never, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by universalgenius12 View Post
Considering Tablier Communications released Awakened OST, it is likely that they have formed a relationship with Nintendo to do more releases. I'm expecting Sword of Seals next since it did not have a proper release as Rekka no ken.
This sounds promising but do we know of anything actually in the works?

Retro Gamer's Top 100 Games of All Time voting now open!
http://www.retrogamer.net/blog_post/...e-voting-open/
Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxattax View Post
This sounds promising but do we know of anything actually in the works?
Nope, just speculation, no matter how much we'd like it to be true.

On Amazon.co.jp both the PoR and RD soundtracks are still in the top 10 sellers for anime & game music, and in the top 25 for soundtracks, and on amiami they're both sold out. I'm no expert, but they should have made at least some profit off of them judging from this, no? Perhaps not now, but in the long term, at least.

Last edited by IJustDontKnowAnymore; Mar 17, 2015 at 11:38 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 05:19 PM

I ordered two copies of each because it seems like the sites weren't giving much pre-orders out. With those ratings mentioned above, they couldn't ignore not having to release the GBA iterations. Heck, they might re-release the older ones.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 03:07 AM

I agree it makes sense to release more of this series' back catalog. Why not collect the outstanding titles' music together in a comprehensive box set? With modest packaging production costs would be lower than releasing them individually and a set would have broader appeal if certain soundtacks are considered stronger and others weaker. Sales of Awakening and now Path and Dawn all indicate it will sell. And who doesn't like box sets?

On a side note it looks as though CD Japan has restocked both Path and Dawn at least once, though I haven't watched close enough to tell if they're getting in smaller quantities- say, a dozen or so of each (based upon the low 'quantity remaining' count I've often observed), or if they're just selling so well I always catch each at low stock. Either way, be sure to tell your friends to grab this now if they're interested just in case Awakening's price spike is in store for these two.

Retro Gamer's Top 100 Games of All Time voting now open!
http://www.retrogamer.net/blog_post/...e-voting-open/
Old Mar 25, 2015, 04:46 PM

My set just arrived. Only Kiseki was in a box and then it was was only made to fit both releases. Otherwise they were both in a typical 4-disc case. Awakening had a more special design to it.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:30 AM
Trusted Editor

Track 5 and 6 is credited in the booklet to Noriko Aoki but just listening to the tracks (they are both hummed hymnals) they do not sound like a female vocalist at all. I believe this is credited incorrectly.

Credited as Noriko Aoki, distinctly not female

405: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EgTI4X3bDY
406: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3_Be1hTKYs

Credited as Noriko Aoki, Toshinori Shimizu, very distinctly female here and then Toshinori's part comes in about 1:00m in.

420: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C39CUQtWIzA

English Staff Roll: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPBj4kwoYhg&t=2m10s
Japanese Staff Roll (I think JP staff roll is in English?): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj6cJayMVic&t=3m48s
Staff Roll written out on a JP Fire Emblem Page: http://www41.atpages.jp/fememopage/stafffe10.html

There's no credit for "Song" given to Noriko Aoki besides the specific credit for Dawn Awakens and there's an additional credit for Aoi Tsujiyoko (female), who I cannot find credited anywhere other than video game metadata archives that just pulled the credits for Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn or what looks like an incorrect randomly assigned meta tag for "Ike's Theme". Also searched for 辻横葵, 辻横青井 and 辻横蒼井 to no avail. Also, given that Aoi is also female I don't think this is the correct credit for 405, 406 either.

So, long story short, I think the Noriko Aoki credits on 405 and 406 are wrong but I don't know who the actual song belongs to. The best guess would be Toshinori Shimizu but it didn't sound like his vocal sample in 420, or some really heavy vocal effects to adjust a high female hum to a low, deep hum.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 08:23 AM

Seems there might be two track discrepancies:

2:14 is credited to both Sekigawa and Mitome

4:12 is credited to both Hirano and Sekigawa

Can someone confirm if these two tracks were co-composed or if there is a crediting error.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 08:50 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Yes, those songs are co-credited.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 09:40 AM

Tracks 3.22 and 4.01 have their localized names swapped; they should actually be "Tranquility of Goldoa" and "Skrimir's Pride" respectively. Seems like those two songs are in a different order when comparing to the in-game sound room (numbers 65 & 66), but everything else lines up with the soundtrack release.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 12:18 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBM95 View Post
Tracks 3.22 and 4.01 have their localized names swapped; they should actually be "Tranquility of Goldoa" and "Skrimir's Pride" respectively. Seems like those two songs are in a different order when comparing to the in-game sound room (numbers 65 & 66), but everything else lines up with the soundtrack release.
Updated, thank you.