VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 11, 2015, 07:20 PM

Thank you Nintendo for making another album impossible to purchase officially, so we have to spend 10,000+Y
Old Sep 24, 2015, 12:26 AM

For Twilight Princess, they used both part 1 and 2 of the staff credits and skipped the epilogue in between. For Star Fox 64 3D, both credit themes are used. This is also the same for Majora's Mask 3D. However, for NES Remix Pack , only the Records Roll for NES Remix 2 is on the track.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 04:21 AM

I updated the English track titles to reflect the credits on the backside of the jewelcase of the European version of the CD.
(Also submitted to AccurateRip and added a CD TOC to MusicBrainz)

Last edited by rctgamer3; Oct 3, 2015 at 04:27 AM.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rctgamer3 View Post
I updated the English track titles to reflect the credits on the backside of the jewelcase of the European version of the CD.
(Also submitted to AccurateRip and added a CD TOC to MusicBrainz)
Wait, there's a European version of this album?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:53 AM

According to the Smash Bros. 4 official website, Daisuke Matsuoka composed for the Find Mii series, so that would make him the composer of track 2.08.

Track 2.14 is indeed originally from NES Remix 2 as it appears in the European CD (it was relesed the same day as NES Remix Pack in Japan so that would explain the change, considering the Pack would be released much later overseas). Again in the Smash website, Toshiyuki Sudo is credited as a composer in the NES REMIX series, confirming he composed for NES Remix 2 (and by extension to the Pack).

Also, Masami Yone is specifically mentioned in the credits of English Training for composing Barbara's theme song (which reprises in that game), so that would make 1.13 his track.

Koji Kondo specifically said that he composed the ending cutscene (not the staff roll) of Spirit Tracks so we can take him out of 1.16; Takeshi Hama also confirmed recently all his tracks in Skyward Sword and 2.04 isn't among them.

Can anybody who has the European CD verify if the booklet contains more explanation on composers (or better yet, upload scans)?

Also, slightly unrelated, it would be awesome if we could somehow get ahold of David Wise and have him confirmed which specific tracks he did on Tropical Freeze and which ones did Nintendo handle.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 02:53 PM
VGMdb Administrator

"Composed for" isn't the same as "sole composer of," as far as I know there isn't any evidence that Matsuoka wrote all of Find Mii's music or Sudo wrote all of NES Remix 2's. Quite a few of the games listed on the Smash page had composers other than the person they were listed for.

Cool find for Yone, and yeah dropping Hama here is a good call.

Can you link the interview where Kondo says what he did for Spirit Tracks? I don't think I've actually seen that.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 04:59 PM

It's over here. The article mentions how he still composes "the odd tune", which kind of implies this being his only work in the game.

Either way it just mentions it as "the ending theme", but I highly doubt it's the credits theme since I've never really heard Kondo reprising any other composer than himself (it's usually the opposite). It's most likely refering to the cutscene after the final boss and before the credits (indeed it sounds like a Kondo production).

Probably Find Mii and NES Remix might have more composers after all but I thought at least Matsuoka and Sudo could be mentioned as possible.

Last edited by RBM95; Nov 25, 2015 at 05:02 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 04:54 PM

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Last edited by ChunkyLover130; Aug 24, 2016 at 12:06 AM.
Old May 18, 2016, 06:48 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Can someone expand the Japanese tracklist to the full song titles?
Old May 18, 2016, 01:38 PM
VGMdb Administrator

To be pedantic, the full song titles—that is, the parts in 「quotation marks」—are already there in the Japanese tracklist. What's missing are the game titles, which we had an unresolved argument about on the first page and I still don't think should be in the English tracklist in the first place.