VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 13, 2011, 08:30 AM

Isn't this a case where we use the English name for the title because there is an official English name? At least, if I'm clear on the accepted guidelines, then that's how we do it.

Quote:
line 3: Romanized
Direct romanization of the original title.

Last edited by Hellacia; Dec 13, 2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 08:41 AM
VGMdb Advisor

There's one printed on the covers? I've looked everywhere and I can't seem to find it. Or weere there an official English name for this soundtrack on an official site or something?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 08:47 AM

Perhaps that was the wrong line to quote
Quote:
line 1: Display Name
If the game has an official english name, you may use it instead of the romanized Japanese name (Art of Fighting instead of Ryouko no Ken).
The game is called Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon, so we'd use that as the title for the soundtrack.
(This is what I recently argued against in the submission guidelines discussion but we are still agreed on doing it this way as far as I know. EDIT: Which makes me wonder why the very soundtracks used as an example actually don't follow the example.)

Last edited by Hellacia; Dec 13, 2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 08:58 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Seriously, that guideline is out of date.. and i consider this as a serious matter.
But i guess that's because we haven't officiliazed anything regarding the titles.

I suggest everyone to refer to my guideline, i think that's the closest one we could agree. Check it here.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 09:23 AM

Cool The directions on the edit page should be updated if we're going to use those guidelines instead of the old ones.