VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 7, 2008, 08:47 AM
VGMdb Advisor

There's a cool promotion technique on this album's website:
http://www.team-e.co.jp/sp/message/

In addition to hearing a sound sample of the tracks, you can also listen to the "voice message" for each track, where the vocalist and composer talk about their work on that song.

Nice, I'd like to see more of that approach!!
Old Dec 7, 2008, 10:14 PM

Yeah, the samples released thus far (6 of them) all sound pretty good. I'm in love with Hosoe's song already. I can't wait to hear the rest. Although, is Sakuraba's really entitled image ~ image? That's what Google Translate spits back out.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 10:34 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Although, is Sakuraba's really entitled image ~ image? That's what Google Translate spits back out.
It is. It's not uncommon for track and album titles to have a Japanese phrase and an English translation in the same title, like "Japanese ~English~" or "English ~Japanese~". If you want to avoid the repetition, you could use a romanization of the Japanese for the title instead of a translation, like "image ~shinzou~" instead of "image ~image~."
Old Dec 8, 2008, 01:45 PM

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I just found it to be a bit on the strange side, but I do like your romanization suggestion. I'll use that when my copy comes in the mail.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 09:56 PM

Would someone be able to translate the tracklisting into English for me? Google Translate is definitely confused by some of the kanji.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 11:18 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Submitted my translation. I left track 2 untranslated since I'm not sure if "I Words" is what they're going for (searching for "i kotoba" turns up bento boxes, among other things).

One possible interpretation is that "I" is actually 愛 (ai / love), so that would make it "Words of Love" or something.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 11:44 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I've noticed "étranger" a few times on VGM albums besides this one: the arrange track on Area 88 and the game title in Majokko A La Mode II ~Hikari to Yami no Etranger~ VOCAL CD × DATA DISC are a couple of examples. Do you know if it's just used for some French flair or if it's really a generally used word for "stranger"? Maybe not the best place for this kind of question, just asking out of curiosity.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 01:18 AM

"I kotoba" is most likely to mean 合言葉 (password). He seems to just replace 合 with I for whatever reasons.