VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > News and Announcements > Submission Guideline Restructuring
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 5, 2011, 10:30 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Default Submissions - Scans

Current Guidelines
Quote:
Ownership
Be respectful of the original owners of the images.
If the image comes from another site, please obtain permission to upload it, or ask a VGMdb administrator to work out an arrangement.

Uploading
Select multiple images to be uploaded.
The upload process may time out for multiple large images, or for slow connections. For those cases, it is best to upload one at a time.

File Size
Please don't upload files that are excessively large.
While filesize might vary depending on the item being scanned, it would be best to keep them under a couple of megs.

Credit
If you are the originator of the scan, or if the source of the scan is known, you may add a name and a link to credit the original source.

Captions
You can create the image caption from the list of common components, and append additional text to the end, using the textbox.

(None) - if you leave it as this, only the content of the textbox will be saved as the caption.
Front - this is for scans which only have the front and back. If there are individual booklet pages, use Booklet Front for consistency.
Booklet Front - see above. If the scan is a 2-page, put "& Back" in the textbox to produce "Booklet Front & Back".
Booklet Back - last page of the insert booklet (the one facing the disc).
Booklet - for individual booklet scans. Remember to denote the booklet number(s) in the textbox. ("02-03", "05-06", etc)
Disc - if there are numbers, put them in. ("1", "3 & 4" for scans of multiple discs, etc).
Tray - the inner portion of the traycard (the one right underneath the disc).
Back - back of the case / outer portion of the traycard.
Obi - spinecard. Some scans have both sides of the obi, so put "Front" or "Back" in the textbox as appropriate.
Box - for boxes. Put the necessary details in the textbox ("Front", "Top", etc)
Card - cards, postcards, etc. Again, details in the textbox.
Sticker - either those bonus stickers they stuff into the case (if it's attached to the obi, put it in the obi description instead), or those blurbs / promotions that are stuck to the shrinkwrap.
Slipcase - jacket, casing, etc.
Insert - single sheet or smaller booklet that is included in the album.
Case - some people actually scan the jewel case in.

Set Unsafe
Images with questionable content (e.g. nudity) can be marked as unsafe.

Set Default
The default image is the one that shows when the album is displayed.
Changelog
Quote:
Technical Changes to Implement
Quote:
Proposed Changes for Discussion
Quote:
  • Standardize the captions of the scans
  • Standardize the numerotation of the booklet pages.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 10:30 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Ok, here are my current propositions for everything related to scans.

The main goal is to standardize the captions of the scans.
While being consistent, we should not forget most of the scan viewers does not own the album.. scans captions should be easy to understand.
Note that i also propose a change in the order of the guide.

-General Guide-

Ownership
- same as before -

Credit
If you are the originator of the scan, or if the source of the scan is known, you may add a name and a link to credit the original source.
By default the text box is empty and will result in no name credit at all.
You should never credit & link to websites with illegal contents.

Uploading
- same as before -

File Size
Please don't upload files that are excessively large.
While filesize might vary depending on the item being scanned, it would be best to keep them under a couple of megs.
[ I think we should clearly set a limit with numbers here, like 5 Mb for a single scan, and a length x width size limit. (both limits are currently active, but not clearly mentioned anywhere) ]

Set Unsafe
- same as before -

Set Default
The default image is the one that shows when the album is displayed. It's generally the first image you see of the package (Box, Digipack for complex packages, or the Booklet Front for most or the normal releases)

Captions
You can create the image caption from the list of common components, and append additional text to the end, using the second textbox.

(None) - if you leave it as this, only the content of the second textbox will be saved as the caption.

Front - this is for scans which only have the front and back. If there are individual booklet pages, use Booklet Front for consistency.
[ The current guide is fine, but i don't think most of the users get it..
here's how i did it so far, and the most consistent choice on the database:

Use Front if there's no other mention of the Booklet Front page in the whole set.
(ex: If you have a "Booklet Front & Back" scan.. use "Front", but if you have separated booklet Front & Back scans: "Booklet Front" / "Booklet Back".. then use "Booklet Front"). ]

Booklet Front - see above. If the scan is a 2-page, put "& Back" in the second textbox to produce "Booklet Front & Back".
Booklet Back - last page of the insert booklet (the one facing the disc).
Booklet p. - for individual booklet scans. Remember to denote the booklet number(s) in the second textbox. ("01-02", "03-04", etc)
Booklet - use with the second textbox for special parts or mention of an incomplete booklet (ex: "Booklet (upper left part)" or "Booklet (credits)"
Jacket - for DVD casing. Put the necessary details in the second textbox ("Front", "Back", etc)
Disc - if there are numbers, put them in. ("1", "3 & 4" for scans of multiple discs, etc).
Cassette - if the sides are different, put the details in the second textbox ("Side A", "Side 1", etc).
Vinyl - if the sides are different, put the details in the second textbox ("Side A", "Side 1", etc).
Tray - the inner portion of the traycard (the one right underneath the disc).
[ Some releases have a traycard as a front cover (like the back cover/traycard), we generally use the following captions for the set: Front/Front Tray/Back/Back Tray ]
Back - back of the case / outer portion of the traycard.
Obi - spinecard. Some scans have both sides of the obi, so put "Front" or "Back" in the second textbox as appropriate.
Card - cards, postcards, etc. Again, details in the second textbox.
Sticker - either those bonus stickers they stuff into the case (if it's attached to the obi, put it in the obi description instead), or those blurbs / promotions that are stuck to the shrinkwrap.
Insert - single sheet or smaller booklet that is included in the album.
Box - for boxes. Put the necessary details in the second textbox ("Front", "Top", etc)
Slipcase - jacket, casing, etc. for slipcases. Put the necessary details in the second textbox ("Front", "Back", etc).
Digipack - for digipacks. Put the necessary details in the second textbox ("Exterior Left", "Exterior Right", etc).
Case - some people actually scan the jewel case in.

Contents - global picture that show all the package and its content, including bonus items like obi, card, sticker, etc

-Booklets captions & numerotation-
The abreviation for "page" is "p."

There are multiple kinds of booklets, here are my propositions:
2 sides (4 pages booklets) (ex: here)
"Booklet Front & Back" and "Booklet Interior" for the reverse inner side.

2 sides (6 or more pages booklets)
This depends if the booklet have been scanned in a way we can merge/fix them or not. 2 solutions with examples:
* Non fixed scans here (Booklet Back & Side or Booklet Exterior Front & Side... / Booklet Interior p. xx)
* fixed scans here (just a Booklet Exterior/Interior)
[ same method should be used with posters or large sheets ]

Other "normal" booklets with more than 4 pages
Here we can use the new "Booklet p." captions, and just add the numbers of the pages in the second textbox. But again, carefull to:
* Numbered booklets
Always follow the numbers printed on the booklet. If the first page(s) is not numbered, you can use the previous numbers (ex: 00-01, if the first printed numbers are 02-03)
* Non-Numbered booklets
Always use "Booklet p. 01-02" as the first pages, and not "02-03".

If you have any proposition, advice or remark, you can leave a message in the thread. We'r here to discuss about it.

Last edited by Myrkul; Jul 13, 2011 at 04:50 AM.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 11:04 AM
Trusted Editor

Thanks Myrkul for your propositions and the time you spent. Just some small remarks: How to proceed with bonus stuff apart from stickers, like 'casette inserts', 'move lists' etc. (example, example). Should we use a consistent label like 'Bonus' or decide contextual?
Also, how about Registry Cards? Is 'Card' refering to them in an explicit way? Cos' I used to use 'Registry Card Front', 'Registry Card Back' Maybe there are some releases carrying other sorts of (bonus) postcards, which could cause confusion.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 11:25 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicider View Post
How to proceed with bonus stuff apart from stickers, like 'casette inserts', 'move lists' etc. (example, example). Should we use a consistent label like 'Bonus' or decide contextual?
Also, how about Registry Cards? Is 'Card' refering to them in an explicit way? Cos' I used to use 'Registry Card Front', 'Registry Card Back' Maybe there are some releases carrying other sorts of (bonus) postcards, which could cause confusion.
I think you can decide how to name such bonuses because they'r not common enough to make a caption for them. "Bonus" should be avoided, just type exactly what the item is (if it's not too large in the textbox) [ex: "Move Lists" "Telephone Card", etc are fine)

I think the "Card" caption is not really usefull, and we should describe what kind of card it is: (Playing Card, Trading Card, Registration Card, Postal Card Telephone Card..etc..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by depa View Post
There also special cases about naming the front cover of old double cd case.
Most old albums like the GSM Sega 4,Capcom 3/4, ecc.... have the front cover with also the side portion (the one with the album name) on both sides.
How to rename them? I've seen some users scan those front covers two times, one with sides portion (naming "Front") and the other without sided naming them "Front (display)" and putting like default.
Ah.. maybe i did not explain myself very well about this, sorry for that, but it's in my above post about captions:
"Tray - the inner portion of the traycard (the one right underneath the disc).
[ Some releases have a traycard as a front cover (like the back cover/traycard), we generally use the following captions for the set: Front/Front Tray/Back/Back Tray ]"

Sometimes for this kind of releases, an additionnal "Front (display)" is made with the sides removed just for the look.. i am not really for it but i don't mind it either. It's as you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by depa View Post
And what's our behaviour about the "Booklet pg." form? The "pg." should be capitalize or not?
Again, it's a matter of preference i guess. I personally like "pg."..
I am sure Secret could change that easily.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 01:45 PM

Okay, I mentioned this in the old thread, but I think that we should probably use "p." and "pp." for page abbreviations. "pg." is not a page abbreviation. "p." is used for if it's one page, like p. 27, and "pp." is used for multiple pages, like pp. 27-30. Also, like you said here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkul View Post
Set Default
The default image is the one that shows when the album is displayed. It's generally the first image you see of the package (Box, Digipack for complex packages, or the Booklet Front for most or the normal releases)
I agree, and I just came across something using the booklet and not the box (actually I've come across more than one). If I see these things, should I change the default?
Old Jan 5, 2011, 11:12 AM
VGMdb Staff

There also special cases about naming the front cover of old double cd case.
Most old albums like the GSM Sega 4,Capcom 3/4, ecc.... have the front cover with also the side portion (the one with the album name) on both sides.
How to rename them? I've seen some users scan those front covers two times, one with sides portion (naming "Front") and the other without sided naming them "Front (display)" and putting like the default scan show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicider View Post
"Registry" is not a correct word for me, "Registration" or "Survey" is more appropriate.
Yes there are also other form of cards (instructions, ecc...) and I think "Card" could cause confusion since some release have different types of card

And what's our behaviour about the "Booklet pg." form? The "pg." should be capitalize or not?

Last edited by depa; Jan 5, 2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 12:42 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Last time I tried uploading a 6300x4300 scan it crashed to the limit is probably around there.

I also like "pg." a lot better.

Some Qs:

- What about scans we aren't sure of? Append an "?" and leave it until somebody with the album can fix it? (ex)
(that's what I'd prefer or we may end up with mislabelled stuff)

- Manually fixing scans (remove incorrect ratios) or trying to find better ones? (ex)
(not a fan of tweaking scans myself if I can avoid it)

- Watermarked scans, yes/no/maybe?

Suggested addition for "Set Default":
- Discs enclosures without a proper album front should use the CD scan, instead of other parts of the complete package (ex.- do not use the game's cover).
(example, Blah says in the thread. It may apply to DVDs like this too)
Old Jan 5, 2011, 07:48 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
What about scans we aren't sure of? Append an "?" and leave it until somebody with the album can fix it? (ex)
(that's what I'd prefer or we may end up with mislabelled stuff)
I think leaving a question mark is the best we can do, it's ok.

Quote:
- Manually fixing scans (remove incorrect ratios) or trying to find better ones? (ex)
(not a fan of tweaking scans myself if I can avoid it)
Depends.. it takes less than 1 minute to fix such pictures for me so it does not bother me. But if you can find a larger picture without flaws, it's even better.
A display picture for an upcoming album does not have to be perfect. They are placeholders until someone scan the pictures.

Quote:
- Watermarked scans, yes/no/maybe?
Like Secret answered.. yes for very obscure or rare albums.. and limit them to front/back/credits scans. Also "(watermarked)" should be mentioned on the scan caption.

Quote:
Suggested addition for "Set Default":
- Discs enclosures without a proper album front should use the CD scan, instead of other parts of the complete package (ex.- do not use the game's cover).
Absolutely. And i think we applied such method so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisto View Post
About the link above, by the way; that booklet only has one exterior page, which means that when it's folded, you're only looking at the front, and the back of the booklet. So what would be a good way of titling these kind of booklets? Having only one page titled "Booklet Exterior pg. XX" might look a little odd, imo.
Which album you'r talking about? 007 or Digimon?
I don't get what you mean anyway.. A booklet that you unfold completely and have the front & back is a normal booklet for me (?)

The 007 booklet is a "2 sides x 3 pages" style when you unfold it.
Such booklets should be named & numerated while they are open.
I think it's always complicated when we have single page scans.. and that's why i like to fix/merge them (when we can). [ex: the 007 booklet should be 2 scans and not 6]
I tryed to imagine the order of the scans while completely folded.. but then it depends on how the booklet open/close.. so it's very complicated.
Best solution for single page scans with 2 sides while unfolded should be like:
"booklet outer left", "booklet front" "booklet outer right", while the reverse side use the "inner" caption.

Anyway standardizing the captions of such booklets is nearly impossible as it depends on too much factors and should be named on case by case basis.
Best solution is of course to joint (with an image editor) all the pages and make a single scan for each side. [like i did for the booklet of this entry for example.. But the booklets have to be scanned in a certain way to fix them correctly with an image editor.]

Last edited by Myrkul; Jan 5, 2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 06:48 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Which album you'r talking about? 007 or Digimon?
I don't get what you mean anyway.. A booklet that you unfold completely and have the front & back is a normal booklet for me (?)
Ah, never mind. That was a stupid addition to the topic.

I thought about one thing though. Here is a release with a CD and a DVD. The DVD is titled "Disc 2", but since there's two kinds of discs in the release, someone has captioned the discs after what type they are. Should we caption discs for those kinds of releases like that, or should we use the title for the disc?

Maybe it should be something, like "Disc 1 (--disctype--)", "Disc 2 (--disctype--)", etc?
Old Feb 6, 2011, 02:38 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
I thought about one thing though. Here is a release with a CD and a DVD. The DVD is titled "Disc 2", but since there's two kinds of discs in the release, someone has captioned the discs after what type they are. Should we caption discs for those kinds of releases like that, or should we use the title for the disc?

Maybe it should be something, like "Disc 1 (--disctype--)", "Disc 2 (--disctype--)", etc?
I want to bring this up again...
This album originally had scans named "Disc 1 (CD)" and "Disc 2 (DVD)". Recently someone (I'm guessing CHz) renamed it to only "CD" and "DVD", what's up with that?! Do we even have solid guidelines for this yet... ? Kinda stupid to REMOVE the disc numbers if you ask me.

Last edited by Nisto; Feb 6, 2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 03:01 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I don't think i covered that on the guideluine..

I personally don't mind about using CD/DVD and not Disc 1/2... but that's only if there is not more than 2 discs (which are different).
Somes bonuses discs does not have any number printed on them.. or not mentioned on the package, so i think it's best to mention such discs as "bonus disc" for example.

Anyway, i don't think this is extremely important.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 12:51 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Thanks for starting the thread, Myrkul. I'm basically in favor of all of your suggestions, and will put them in the guidelines when they are decided. I can also change PG to pg.

I think manually cropping the whitespace form scans is fine.

Watermarked scans should be titled as " (watermarked)", though we should refrain from using them unless no other options are available.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 02:32 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I'd concur with removing Card. But I think there should be some kind of explanation for how those kind of things should be named. As you said, "Registration Card" for, well, registration cards (or survey cards if you'd prefer), for example.

Also, I agree with using the caption "Exterior/Interior pg. XX" -- this should definitely also be mentioned somewhere under the guidelines. Here are good examples if this:
http://vgmdb.net/album/1553 (I don't even know how to actual booklet looks, but this is probably one of those booklets that folds out, which is what we'll use "Booklet Exterior/Interior pg. XX" for)
http://vgmdb.net/album/4191

About the link above, by the way; that booklet only has one exterior page, which means that when it's folded, you're only looking at the front, and the back of the booklet. So what would be a good way of titling these kind of booklets? Having only one page titled "Booklet Exterior pg. XX" might look a little odd, imo.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 08:04 PM

I agree with most of Myrkul's changes. With File Size you may want to set preferable image types, Jpegs, Bitmaps, Pngs, Gifs, etc. I would say go with a major lossy or lossy and lossless type.

It may also be beneficial to not only set limits but note preferable sizes/standards for what you would like to be uploaded.

Looking at pages and discs, one is being asked to use 05-06 and the other when multiples the disc 1 & disc 2. Easier to just use the & symbol for normal pages also, less thinking involved.

Lastly is a question on Accordion booklets. Assuming the whole thing is scanned at once, how would it be named? Not really a front/back, interior or exterior, and page numbers would be jumbled.

Almost forgot, maybe have something setup for people to dump scans. Like Lowe has his forum post of anime scans, I have a batch of scans for things I can't read nor type. Thus they sit on my hard drive rather than being put in the DB (the albums don't exist here). Having a site, or area for people who can't read or type yet have the scans to pass them on to people who can make nice entries for them would be good. Of course it would be a slow adding whenever people had time and hopefully not be abused by lazy people.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 05:26 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Another batch of answers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
With File Size you may want to set preferable image types, Jpegs, Bitmaps, Pngs, Gifs, etc. I would say go with a major lossy or lossy and lossless type.
It may also be beneficial to not only set limits but note preferable sizes/standards for what you would like to be uploaded.
I don't think we should be too picky about the choice and standards.. we'r glad to have scans, and forcing a standard of size or quality will greatly reduce our income of scans.

Quote:
Looking at pages and discs, one is being asked to use 05-06 and the other when multiples the disc 1 & disc 2. Easier to just use the & symbol for normal pages also, less thinking involved.
I am using "xx-xx" but some are using "xx & xx", i think we should make a poll about it and let the majority set this.

Quote:
Lastly is a question on Accordion booklets. Assuming the whole thing is scanned at once, how would it be named? Not really a front/back, interior or exterior, and page numbers would be jumbled.
Depends.. if there are only 2 sides of the booklet when unfolded, let's just name it exterior/interior.. but if there are multiple accordion pages.. i don't know.. i think we can keep the "Booklet 01..02.." old captions.

Quote:
Almost forgot, maybe have something setup for people to dump scans. Like Lowe has his forum post of anime scans, I have a batch of scans for things I can't read nor type. Thus they sit on my hard drive rather than being put in the DB (the albums don't exist here). Having a site, or area for people who can't read or type yet have the scans to pass them on to people who can make nice entries for them would be good. Of course it would be a slow adding whenever people had time and hopefully not be abused by lazy people.
This is a good idea, just making 1 thread would be enough i guess.
The only downside is that we should not post such scans with board attachments. Using services like megaupload is fine these days.

Quote:
What do you think about labelling scans "(rotate)" or such for those are added vertically and should be corrected to fix, for later reference.
In general, you can add (xxxx) captions to the scans just to mention something special about it, i am ok with that.

Quote:
Here is a release with a CD and a DVD. The DVD is titled "Disc 2", but since there's two kinds of discs in the release, someone has captioned the discs after what type they are. Should we caption discs for those kinds of releases like that, or should we use the title for the disc?
See last answer above.
But i also think it's fine to rename the captions to "CD/DVD" only for release with 2 discs. But more than 2, we should always use the "disc 01, 02" captions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medina View Post
Okay, I mentioned this in the old thread, but I think that we should probably use "p." and "pp." for page abbreviations. "pg." is not a page abbreviation. "p." is used for if it's one page, like p. 27, and "pp." is used for multiple pages, like pp. 27-30.
You are absolutly right and i forgot about this. We should apply the change ASAP.
I also changed the new guideline to reflete this.
Secret, you should change the "Booklet Pg." to "Booklet pp." on the captions choice when you got 5 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
I had a question about unsafe pictures
if the picture (let's say, the Front Cover) has, for example, naked girls on it (in a soft way) and this picture is used normally on shop sites, is it considered as unsafe?
cf. Front of Motto To Love-ru Music CD 1
Depends what you consider as "soft" nudity. But visible breasts/nipples and pubic region should always be set as unsafe.
As for blood or violence. Again it depends if the picture shows very violent things (like murders, deaths or agony..)

Last edited by Myrkul; Jan 10, 2011 at 05:29 AM.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 06:20 AM

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I didn't mean to say that VGMDB would only accept a certain size, type, etc. Just that there would be guidelines stating what would be best. Main reasons would be to keep file size down and ease of display. Assume for a second someone uploads images in RAW, TIFF, BMP and PNG. They are all lossless, however RAW, TIFF, and BMP are normally much larger in file size because of lesser compression. If people are going to upload a lossless image you could ask for it to be PNG or have the server flag it so it can be changed to the smaller filesize without hurting the image.

Taking jpeg, gif, webp. At the moment jpeg is the best because it is so widespread and gif was mainly made for animated images. webp is too new and has no support.

So making a mention of "We would prefer png or jpeg, but all types are allowed" doesn't seem too bothersome, also "We would prefer 2560x2560 but all sizes are allowed" still seems okay.

I normally think of #-# to be used when there are more than 2 pages, 1-3, 10-30, etc. the & normally connotes only 2 things, 1 & 2. The dash saves space. I am fine with either though.

Dealing with disc numbering that has different types of disc, Seems the logical would be to name it disc, number and then type. IE Disc 1, Disc 2, Disc 3 (DVD), Disc 4 (Minidisc)

I think a moderator or such should make the thread for allowable uploads so not everyone makes their own, and the mods can update the first post when the scans have been turned into an entry.

I think the rest of the changes look good.

(browser is still acting weird, so quoting others didn't work for me. Not vgmdb's fault, is happening on other sites as well)
Old Jan 6, 2011, 03:57 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Another suggestion:

- What do you think about labelling scans "(rotate)" or such for those are added vertically and should be corrected to fix, for later reference (ex.- Booklet pg. 01-02 (rotated) could be added here)
(of course you could fix them on the spot but since it's time consuming we can label then fix later, searching by scan caption in the advanced search)
Old Jan 9, 2011, 01:50 PM

(ok I didn't read everything so...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkul
* Numbered booklets
Always follow the numbers printed on the booklet. If the first page(s) is not numbered, you can use the previous numbers (ex: 00-01, if the first printed numbers are 02-03)
* Non-Numbered booklets
Always use "Booklet pg. 01-02" as the first pages, and not "02-03".
if I've well understood, when a booklet has numbered pages, it's "Booklet" + numbers
and if there's no number, it's "Booklet Pg." + numbers the submitter assigns himself
correct?

I had a question about unsafe pictures
if the picture (let's say, the Front Cover) has, for example, naked girls on it (in a soft way) and this picture is used normally on shop sites, is it considered as unsafe?
cf. Front of Motto To Love-ru Music CD 1
Old Jan 9, 2011, 10:22 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
if I've well understood, when a booklet has numbered pages, it's "Booklet" + numbers
and if there's no number, it's "Booklet Pg." + numbers the submitter assigns himself
correct?
You should also use "Booklet Pg." (will probably become "pp.", see here) if the Booklet has numbers (example).

Last edited by suicider; Jan 9, 2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 02:31 PM

Yes, however, not whatever numbers one wishes to assign; non-numbered booklet pages, as stated, should begin with page 01 and go from there on.

As far as unsafe material, however "soft" should always be marked. I, however, am not sure why mark as unsafe covers where blood is present, like this album for instance.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 08:55 AM

Double standard much?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:26 AM

let's say soft nudity could be the naked body without hairs (for example)

"hard" nudity could have hairs (like hentai/porno) or suggestion of secretions (any type, like semen etc.) or even obvious sexual positions

(sorry, I have no pictures in order to illustrate )
Old Jan 10, 2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
let's say soft nudity could be the naked body without hairs (for example)

[...]
Should still be marked as unsafe — "without hairs" doesn't diminish the fact that it's still nudity and an NSFW image.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 04:51 PM
VGMdb Advisor

If it's something to be attracted by, it's NSFW, duh!
Old Jan 14, 2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
You are absolutly right and i forgot about this. We should apply the change ASAP.
Thank you!

Quote:
If it's something to be attracted by, it's NSFW, duh!
But Nisto, I find myself attracted to muscular men. I can't help it, they're just so manly...
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:09 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medina View Post
Thank you!

But Nisto, I find myself attracted to muscular men. I can't help it, they're just so manly...
Hehe

Well, I think it should be kind of obvious where NSFW is due. Although, I do wonder; should we really put NSFW on pictures with panty shots? I saw one scan being marked as NSFW for that... It wasn't really "harmful" or anything.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:44 AM

Just set anything nude-ish and anything with blood NSFW. The actual sensitivity to one or the other differs drastically between regions so I personally don't see the point in trying to specify it further just for one of them.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 06:01 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I think i do have a problem with the page abreviations
"pp." for multiple pages & "p." for single pages..

Because it's making a complete mess for entries with both kind of scans, such as this one for example.

I think we need a single abreviation for pages, if we want the booklet in the good order.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 06:13 AM

Would something like pg(s) work? Can be changed to something like p(p) also. It holds the main part as in if singular and still allows it to hold multiple, hence the bracketed s and p.

Last edited by Myrkul; Jan 12, 2011 at 06:21 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 06:23 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

i personally would like to avoid brackets for the page abreviation.
(brackets should only be use at the end of a caption to mention something special/give some precision)