VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 25, 2008, 12:05 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Default TOCT-9798: WONDER PROJECT J2 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

So, we've had at least three different tracklist translations for this album. It had one for a while that I think might have come from Chudah's Corner, and then I changed it to something else for some reason (I think the timestamps were off or nonexistent, so I just deleted the old one and copied mine, which looks just like a hybrid of several), and now we have a third one. There's also another one at SEMO, and there are probably fifty trillion more out there.

And they're all basically the same: "Messala's Scheme" vs. "Messala's Plans," "Blue Land Dance" vs. "Blueland Dance," different ways of handling the fact that track 19 is called "Ai" and track 23 is called "Koi" and so you can't just call them both "Love," controversy. But there are some nontrivial differences that I think need to be resolved one way or another, so we have something definitive. At the very least, we need to figure out how we're translating コルロ, because the album title says "Colro" and the tracklist says "Corlo."

Basically I'm just asking for someone who knows what they're talking about to take a look at it.

Some significant differences that jump out at me:
  • various: Colro vs. Corlo
  • Track 2: メドレー is definitely "medley," no matter what CC and SEMO say.
  • Track 10: CC has "Oh the Very Feeling," which is just bad. There are several others that only CC has wrong that I'm just going to omit, like 17.
  • Track 11: "Karen's Pub" vs. "Karen's Restaurant" is significant. Although 店 looks like it just means store?
  • Track 13: "THIS! THAT!" vs. "Sweat! Service!" vs. "Sweat! Go There!"
  • Track 21: "Harmony (Softened)" vs. "Friends (Soft)." The original Japanese is "和(なごみ)," and I think the Hiragana is just the reading, so I think the title should just be "Softened" or whatever it is that actually translates to. "Softened (Nagomi)" if you want to keep the pronunciation guide.
  • Track 24: "My Little Friend" vs. "My Tiny Friend" vs. "My Friend is Furthermore Small"
  • Track 25: "Oh Forest, Answer Me..." vs. "The Forest, Answering..."
  • Track 26: "Forbidding Blue" vs. "Forbidden Blue" is significant. I think "forbidden" would be better here.
  • Track 33: "Strike!!" vs. "Counterattack!!" 反撃 looks to me like it definitely means more like "counterattack" or "strike back" than just "strike."
  • Track 37: "The Grounds Grow ~ Resurrection" vs. "Reviving Grounds ~ Resurrection." The verb there (よみがえった) looks more like it has to do with growing back (being revived, resuscitating, etc.) than just growing.
  • Track 38: Both CC and SEMO have "System" at the end of the track name, but I think we're right and this should just be "Coronation."

whoo that's some tl;dr