VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 2, 2013, 03:16 AM

project update from Allister Brimble:

Quote:
Dear all,

I can now announce that all tracks for Amiga Works are now complete! All that remains is to do the artwork layout, then order the CD's to be pressed and USB sticks. I do not know yet how long this part will take but at a guess it will be 2 months at the latest until I can post anything, but I hope sooner.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 08:16 AM

According to Brimble, first press run is 1000 pieces.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 08:25 AM

Received the CD today, just a few minutes ago!
Old Oct 21, 2013, 07:57 AM

Got mine last week, really good stuff if you grew up with a Commodore Amiga.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 08:31 AM

I have somewhat mixed feelings about this. Brimble has never been my favorite Amiga composer, and listening to the CD I can once again see why: He can create some really nice music, but not very consistently (as in, I can never know in advance whether I will like a particular tune; compare it with e.g. Tim Wright) and when he does hit a note with me, it usually is "very nice indeed", not "awesome, I love this" (no "wow" as in, e.g. Turrican 2 title).

On Amiga Works, I like the Superfrog tracks very much (though I do prefer the Immortal 1's version of the title tune) and some others are nice, but I am mostly indifferent to the Alien Breed tracks and I dislike Spellbound Dizzy (seems to miss a lot of notes I remember from my Spectrum version...).

Still, I am not sorry at all that I chipped in. There's not enough Amiga music remixes around, and while this one may not be on par with Immortal 2 or 3, it certainly beats a lot of the amateur stuff over at AmigaRemix.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Still, I am not sorry at all that I chipped in. There's not enough Amiga music remixes around, and while this one may not be on par with Immortal 2 or 3, it certainly beats a lot of the amateur stuff over at AmigaRemix.
You do know about www.amigaremix.com right?
Old Jan 31, 2016, 05:57 AM

It seems Spellbound Dizzy grew upon me over the time. I still think the Spectrum version is superior, but I do look forward to the Amiga version when listening to this CD. Still not too wild about Alien Breeds, though.