VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 10, 2008, 06:28 AM

Question album reviews

hi everyone,
How do I add an album review for an existing album page?

thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2008, 06:34 AM
VGMdb Administrator

We don't specifically have 'reviews', but have opted instead for a general discussion thread for each album. A lot of people post reviews in the discussion thread. You can submit to the discussion thread by clicking on "Discuss This Album" on the bottom right-hand corner of an album's page.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 08:14 PM

Just something I thought of pertaining to reviews. I know adding whole reviews seems a bit silly and unnecessary, since sites like RPGfan and SEMO cover album reviews quite efficiently. But I was thinking that perhaps a small section on each album page could be added where a user who has listened to the album can post which tracks they think are the best. Perhaps 5 tracks, tops? I dunno, might not be the best idea, but I thought I'd put it out there.

The reason this came to mind is that I just rated an album to a 2, implying it's pretty standard; there are a couple of fantastic tracks on it, though, that I want people to know about.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 10:30 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
Just something I thought of pertaining to reviews. I know adding whole reviews seems a bit silly and unnecessary, since sites like RPGfan and SEMO cover album reviews quite efficiently. But I was thinking that perhaps a small section on each album page could be added where a user who has listened to the album can post which tracks they think are the best. Perhaps 5 tracks, tops? I dunno, might not be the best idea, but I thought I'd put it out there.

The reason this came to mind is that I just rated an album to a 2, implying it's pretty standard; there are a couple of fantastic tracks on it, though, that I want people to know about.
You could always post in the existing thread on an album or create a new thread with the link at the bottom-right of each album entry, and just post that kind of information in the thread. I don't think there's any need to customize some other new feature just to recommend specific tracks, as everyone's taste varies, but that's just my opinion.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 10:49 PM

I guess, but it's just that I've never seen the Album Discussion threads used for reviewing purposes etc. It's usually/always about the album/composer/extra information. I'm just afraid that track selection and mini-review posts would be ignored and overshadowed by the comparatively more important factual information that populate these threads. =/

(I'm not dissing the current system, I'm just trying to think of a distinctive, suitable, unobtrusive system that we could use to get our thoughts across on different albums) (Then again I guess I could just make more of an effort to utilise these Album Discussion threads to their fullest. )