VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 27, 2009, 01:49 AM
Trusted Editor

Does anyone have an idea where to buy this album?

I've already googled, but the only thing that I find is generic information about the album, the VGMdb entry and lots of download links.

Tried searching on Amazon Japan and a lot of Shikata albums pop up, but sadly not this one.
Also tried the publisher site directly, and found this:
http://www.vagrancy.jp/shop/shop.htm

However it's virtually useless for me, since I can't read japanese...
Or is the album OOP? I found a reference to it on Otokichi, but he doesn't have any in stock currently.

Anyway, another question concerning this album:
Could it be that the album does include a bonus disc? I'm asking because some versions floating around the net have one included, at least it looks like a bonus disc. It's named liked this "Kalliope ~Piano Concert~ KANJI_I_DON'T_REMEMBER CD", where the kanji translates to appendix through the Google translator. It's probably one of those omake discs, but I'm not really sure about it since I can't find any good information about any extras for that particular album.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 03:03 AM
VGMdb Administrator

You mean this one?

http://www.suruga-ya.jp/database/186104014001.html

It says that it's a bonus CD-R. Which means it's most probably event-only, thus your best bet would be auctions.

Hm, apparently suruga-ya does have one copy of this in stock:
http://www.suruga-ya.jp/database/186102695001.html
Old Jul 27, 2009, 04:21 AM
Trusted Editor

Hey, thanks blah!

Yes, that looks like the bonus disc I mentioned. Too bad that the shop interface uses bitmapped buttons (makes the Google translator useless), otherwise I could have tried to order the album

Well, I'll try my backup plan: Alex from Otaku offered me some help in case I couldn't find an album in his shop. Maybe he can help me out here.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 04:46 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Oh, suruga-ya doesn't ship overseas anyway. You'd have to engage a middleman to help.
Old May 10, 2010, 06:22 PM

If I'm allowed to resuscitate this old topic, as far as I know, the special version of this album actually includes an score sheet book, which contains the piano score for all the songs in it.

And by the way, it's okay to put Nekotoriya as a place to buy it from?
Last time I checked, Nekotoriya doesn't ship overseas.
Old May 10, 2010, 11:59 PM
Trusted Editor

I added the link, since I thought it's better to have at least a single one. It's also probably the shop I'm going to buy the album next month from (after having recovered from the financial 'shock' inflicted by buying Aka *g*)

EDIT: And yes, I'm well aware that they don't ship internationally - going to use my middleman again for that.
Old May 11, 2010, 05:28 PM

Then, shouldn't we add the link to Nekotoriya to Shikata's other albums? After all, all of them (excepting the limited release ones, and the Navigatoria concert pamphlet) can be bought from there.
Old May 12, 2010, 01:00 AM
Trusted Editor

I guess so... however I was too lazy to do it

Anyway, I think we might need some tagging feature for these links. Maybe some icon to indicate that the shop does international shipping and maybe one indicating that the item was once available there, but is now out-of-print. A lot of CDJapan links are OOP, so it might be a good idea to already indicate this in the DB.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:24 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
I guess so... however I was too lazy to do it
Finally finished what was long overdue!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:25 PM

By the way, from some things I've been reading and something I saw at Yahoo! Japan, there was indeed a pre-order bonus: an extra CD titled Kalliope ~Piano Concert~ Piano Featuring Arrange Mini Album, which had five extra songs.
The sheet music book can still be bought separately.

Knowing this, I''ll find the info on the tracks and the album, and add it to the database.

Last edited by aquagon; Mar 12, 2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 05:32 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Question: Hanakisou ... are all the tracks on here arrangements of music for Hanakisou?

Or is there original work here too?

AND are there other game music arrangements, for games that aren't Hanakisou, on this album?

Thanks!