VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 16, 2010, 03:26 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Game sound credits from GameStaffList Pro, verified with video (starts at 16:23):

Quote:
コナミ矩形波倶楽部

SOUND PRODUCTION

M. ADACHI

SOUND PROGRAM
AND SOUND EFFECT

A. FUJIO

MUSICAL COMPOSE

TAPPY

M. YANAGISAWA
H. TANIGUCHI
A. HATA
Old Mar 21, 2010, 10:41 AM

Thanks for the info. I guess SNESmusic.org had it wrong then.

This OST is great and is quite the underrated gem. "Menace in the Temple", "To Pandemonium" & "Triumphal Return of the Beast" are some of the best dark and moody themes I've ever heard.

I wish there was an English patch for this game. I'd love to play it some time.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 06:54 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, it doesn't touch the Big Three of Konami SNES games – Axelay, Contra III, and Super Castlevania IV – in my opinion, but it's pretty decent. The Konami sound team from around 1990 to 1995 or so was one of the most talented group of VGM composers ever assembled, and they put out a bunch of great works. I'd rank all of the composers here between good and phenomenal, and they produced a very enjoyable soundtrack.

"Hunter's Repose" in particular is some of the most beautiful stuff I've ever heard come out of the SNES. The live version on the arrange album (track 6) is highly recommended.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 07:59 PM

Agreed. I really love that theme as well. Was just listening to the arranged version last night. I think we can attribute it to Tappy Iwase seeing as how there's a MIDI up on his official site. "Warm Rain~Warmer Than Your Back" is also there.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 05:10 AM

Useful information for credits in our Adachi / Taniguchi interview.

Masanori Adachi:
"I actually didn’t write a single piece for it for Madara 2. Instead, I would give my ideas to great composers like Higashino-san, Tappy, Taniguchi, and Aki Hata-san general ideas about presentation so that this kind of music would play in this place, and I would work on the sound quality and arrangement to ensure that there was a feeling of consistency."

Hirofumi Taniguchi:
"I think I wrote something like two tracks for Madara 2. I created a demo for a dungeon theme, but when it was ported over to the Super Nintendo the atmosphere hadn’t changed much at all, so it worked out really well. The other track was a boss theme which I had originally created for myself, but when I played it for Adachi-san, he said that he wanted to use it."

I would ask for more specific details, but the responses to this interview took literally five years to come back, so any follow-up questions would have inevitably delayed things!
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:42 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Tappy says in the liner notes that Masanori Adachi wrote at least one ロウラン国 song (which are 27~29), maybe Adachi misremembered?

Likewise:
  • Miki Higashino: ユイマン国 (only 37 fits this, going by subtitles)
  • Hirofumi Taniguchi: ダキニ帝 (at least one of 19, 39~41), ミクロ (if it's significant that this isn't ミクロ帝 instead, then only 46 fits this; otherwise 47~48 are possibilities too)

Last edited by CHz; Dec 9, 2018 at 12:44 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 03:32 PM

In regards of the new Moon:Remix RPG, I have been communicating with Horifumi Taniguchi through emails, and he confirmed with me he remembers his compositions:

and 25.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 04:15 PM
VGMdb Administrator

lmao now Taniguchi is contradicting the liner notes as well, extremely cool
Old Oct 21, 2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
lmao now Taniguchi is contradicting the liner notes as well, extremely cool
Ah. 2 pieces according to interview. Sometimes memories just fail, but at least we have 1 confirmed now.