VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 9, 2017, 09:01 AM
Trusted Editor

"Media limit reached, please contact an administrator". This will need to be bumped up to 60cd.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 03:52 AM

So I guess this means their GUST-Box-set did well enough, apparently, otherwise they wouldn't do this.

I for one am still a bit baffled who is supposed to buy these sets, 44 or 60 discs???
Insane.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 03:56 AM

that's sure you mustn't be a cosette for that ;p
Old Dec 10, 2017, 05:21 AM

All I want to know is whether or not Zelda Musou/Hyrule Warriors is included in this set. If so...I just might need to buy it.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 09:40 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
All I want to know is whether or not Zelda Musou/Hyrule Warriors is included in this set. If so...I just might need to buy it.
I wouldn't hold my breath for either Hyrule or DQ Warriors. Seems unlikely.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:22 PM

Really? The entirety of the popular large series, like Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi, and even Toukiden, which is an incredibly small series, all takes up about a combined 40-45 discs, and that's including every offbeat thing like PSP and Online games. With that many CDs left, surely they have room to put things from their other series in here, right? It seems like a wasted opportunity if they don't, given that they're producing an album that's 60 CDs large.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:31 PM
Trusted Editor

I imagine this isn’t a guaranteed printing and they will only print it if they get enough demand via orders. Also, we know that both Nintendo and SQEX are notoriously stingy rights-holders so I really wouldn’t hold your breath for those.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:52 PM

Ah, that's true, especially about Nintendo. Well, that's a shame, though to be honest I pretty much don't care for a single song in Zelda Musou so I can't say I'm personally disappointed, but it's always nice to have that stuff on CD anyway.

Well, if the album does happen, I still hope to see some more offbeat Musou series pop up in it.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 03:55 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Media limit bumped up to 100. I've fixed the CD count.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 05:14 AM

it'd be good to rise cd count in album submission page too
4 isn't enough, I suggest 10
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:25 AM
Trusted Editor

Release date changed from 3/7 to 3/28 per CDJ email. Wonder if this is a production delay or a "we need more time for people to order enough to justify making this" delay... :thinking:
Old Feb 24, 2018, 06:24 AM

no tracklist but details about games, good luck ;p
https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/media/cd/sw/omega20th.htm
Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:06 PM
Trusted Editor

I started working on Products but I need to go out for a bit so if someone wants to finish it, feel free. If not I'll work on it when I get back.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 08:56 AM
Trusted Editor

I did my best with Products. Someone might want to check it, though. I don't really understand the Product vs. Release schema and there is no consistency here. Most of them are Products with subproducts for the different expansions and versions of the game, but there are some that are separate products entirely when I think they should be releases instead.

i.e.,

Sengoku Musou 3 Z is a product on it's own, but I think it should be a release of Sengoku Musou 3.
Sengoku Musou 4-II is a product on it's own, but I think it should be release of Sengoku Musou 4

But if you look at a Product like Warriors Orochi 3, it has a detailed and well-populated release history with 4 different versions of the game (original, Special, Hyper, Ultimate).

I don't know how to delete a release, it says read-only so maybe it's a Staff only thing. In any event it's very confusing, but I did my best. I hope I didn't create any issues for Staff to solve.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 09:08 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I believe we can delete releases so just let us know if you need that.

The general consensus is that if a game is just a port it gets a release, while if it's a remake it should be a separate product. Sometimes that's not really clear and/or it's hard to pick one and it leads to inconsistencies.
I'm not too sure about expansions since we have this and this where they're handled differently but I'd put them as releases probably.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 09:27 AM
Trusted Editor

Well, those (Warcraft and Diablo) are different because they are both franchises, so it makes sense for multiple games to be listed under the same franchise heading. That is the same as listing every Musou game under the "Musou Series" franchise tag, which makes sense (logically)

It seems like a poorly thought out schema but at this point it's too late to do anything about. It's very confusing to have to differentiate releasese in Product association, and it is even worse if you have a previous product with no existing releases that suddenly becomes a product that now has multiple releases associated to it because now you have to go back and edit previously associated products to remove "All Releases" and select specific ones that apply. It's also confusing on the up-front page listing releases, because in the case of something like Warriors Orochi 3, this box set contains music from 4 different versions of the game (Original, Hyper, Special, Extreme) but the side bar only lists "Warriors Orochi 3" because it's generically associated to "All Releases".

I'll just leave it as is but if someone with better Product understanding or a better knowledge of the series wants to go fix stuff, have at it.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 09:32 AM
Trusted Editor

Also, unrelated to Products, the page says that this is being released as KCS-3171/230 on 3/21 via GAMECITY, but the general release is KECH-1825/84. I thought KCS-* was their identifier for pack-in stuff?

Instead of creating a new release for the KCS-3171~230 stuff and redoing all the work done on this so far (linking products, mainly), I'd suggest renaming this release from KECH-* to KCS-* and changing the release date, then adding a new child album with the KECH-* information. I think that would save a lot of input time. Any objections?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 09:32 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
Well, those (Warcraft and Diablo) are different because they are both franchises, so it makes sense for multiple games to be listed under the same franchise heading. That is the same as listing every Musou game under the "Musou Series" franchise tag, which makes sense (logically)
I was referring to Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne which is a standalone product while Diablo III: Reaper of Souls is a release of Diablo III when they're both expansions.

But yeah, there are a lot of inconsistencies around.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
Instead of creating a new release for the KCS-3171~230 stuff and redoing all the work done on this so far (linking products, mainly), I'd suggest renaming this release from KECH-* to KCS-* and changing the release date, then adding a new child album with the KECH-* information. I think that would save a lot of input time. Any objections?
Sounds good to me.

Last edited by Illidan; Feb 25, 2018 at 09:38 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 09:50 AM
Trusted Editor

- Updated this as parent (KCS-*), added child KECH-* album.

Might confuse a couple peoples wish or collection lists but since it's not out yet I don't think there's a big concern.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:34 AM

Game didn't have much of a noteworthy soundtrack but I don't see Winback: Covert Operations series on here... Gonna have to make it 61.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 01:33 PM

if I can make a little suggestion,
adding a whole 60cds tracklist could be annoying to submit, edit or even browse

so, as some discs could be identical to already released albums, my suggestion is to not submit the whole tracklist
for example: Disc 53 Toukiden Disc 1 68:28
it could really reduce the size of the coming monstrous tracklist (too bad for freedb)

edit: it could apply to notes too

Last edited by Phonograph; Mar 28, 2018 at 01:36 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 06:28 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
if I can make a little suggestion,
adding a whole 60cds tracklist could be annoying to submit, edit or even browse

so, as some discs could be identical to already released albums, my suggestion is to not submit the whole tracklist
for example: Disc 53 Toukiden Disc 1 68:28
it could really reduce the size of the coming monstrous tracklist (too bad for freedb)

edit: it could apply to notes too
No, that would be stupid and it would also negate freedb for this release. Better option is to suggest an HTML modification for pages so you can roll-up Discs or something like that. If you don't want to browse the massive release, don't browse the massive release. Simple as that.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:36 AM

I take (good) note of it
Old Mar 30, 2018, 06:43 PM
Trusted Editor

- Added JP tracklist

I will get to adding track times (from CD source) as I get to them but it's going to take a while. I'm assuming that most of the releases that are the same as other releases have the same track times but I didn't copy them over since I'd eventually be putting all 60 discs in anyway.

Some notes on some stuff I fixed on other releases as I was copy and pasting tracklists from other albums:

Quote:
KECH-1111
- Updated M02 to add '(プレイヤー選択)'
- Updated M16 to add '(ネーム入力)'
- Updated M22 to add '褚'

KECH-1372~8
- Updated D5M11 (EAGERNES --> EAGERNESS)
- Updated D5M12 to add 'THE '
- Updated D7M16 (CHANDE --> CHANGE)

KECH-1451~2
- Updated D2M07 to add 'THE '

KECH-1492~3
- Updated entire Japanese tracklist, was missing all kanji
- Added "V2" to D1M19

KTGS-40355CD
- Updated M02 (TO --> OF)
- Updated M32,M322 (シングル --> ジングル)

KTGS-40366CD
- Updated M16,18 to add '丸'

KTGS-30233CD-01~4
- Updated D4M1~4 to remove extra '-'

KTGS-40382CD
- Updated D1M13 (Stalet --> Starlet)
It also looks like they cut a some Shin Sangoku Musou 7 tracks (the some of the "... IF" ones).

I'll eventually add this to the notes but as far as new content goes, the following are all "first recording on CD" (CD初収録), with the exception being Disc 37 M2,4~7 which were asterisk labeled with "CD初収録曲" since 1 and 3 were previously recorded on other releases.

Disc 10 M01~M20
Disc 14 M09~25
Disc 17 M17~20
Disc 18 M23~32
Disc 19 M19~22
Disc 20 M17~18
Disc 27
Disc 28
Disc 37 M2,4~16
Disc 42
Disc 44
Disc 51 M14~18

Disc 45 also has the following note:

Quote:
*Tr.8は、Disc37のTr.3「不惑 -御館-」と同じ楽曲になります。
Old Mar 31, 2018, 11:25 AM
Trusted Editor

- Album Info updated
- Artists added and linked.

Some notes:

- Miki Fujii (藤井美希) reading pulled from a previous album. Not sure if it's right or not.
- I have a note in Disc 03 as follows:
Quote:
*** Note: The above is probably a typo and should read
Michihiko Shichi: Tr.9,15,16,19,21,22,33
per the inserts on Disc 2 of KECH-1372~8 ***
It is most likely a typo because this is the only disc and track that would have overlapping composers across all 60 discs. I've tweeted Omega Force to ask if it is really a typo and which is correct.
- Most of the composers on Musou Stars are probably feat. composers since almost all the music in the game is from other games, but the credits don't really help identify who arranged the music if they are really "feat." tracks. There is some good information https://wiki2.h1g.jp/musou_stars/?%E...83%B3%E3%83%89 and https://www21.atwiki.jp/gamemusicbes...ages/6465.html, though I have no idea where the Arranger information in the latter link comes from and the original album doesn't have any scans.
- i'm assuming 'こいけミャさと' is a play on Masato Koike but I am not sure.

I will go through the Album Info section as I get to each disc and verify that I didn't make any typos, and correct them if I come across any.

Side note:

I have absolutely no interest in rolling up/summarizing the major composer/arranger credits on 60 discs. If someone wants to do that, be my guest.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:31 AM
Trusted Editor

I'm finally done adding track times for all 60 discs. I will be posting an English tracklist in a bit. Some notes from the full 60 discs in between my original edits and now.

Bear in mind that there are almost certainly mistakes in this release as the sheer volume of content makes it probable that I messed up here and there. If you see something, say something.

- Almost every previous release ignored the Japanese entirely and just used whatever English was on the track title, but a vast majority of the Japanese is a subtitle descriptor that describes where or what it is used for in the game, like what Battle (stage) it's used in, what the Event movie name is, what select screen / menu, etc. I have translated these to the best of my ability.

- A lot of these games feature a "Gallery" or "Encyclopedia" that usually includes a Sound Test and Movie List but it was hard to find any information on them (videos, FAQs, guides, or otherwise) so some of them may not be entirely accurate. For ones I could find information on, I used localized titles.

- Samurai Warriors has a sound test that I could find, so I used those titles. There were one or two extra ones not in the sound test.

- As far as localized titles go, there are probably localization discrepancies across all 60 discs. I tried to keep the titles the same as what is found in the localized game so there may be slight nuances across all 60 discs.

- I tried, to the best of my ability, to keep track titles the same across the series if they were shared across games but I am sure I probably missed some and there were some that were probably localized differently anyway. (Things like "Grief / Sorrow", etc.). it's pretty difficult to try to maintain consistency across 60 discs but I tried.

- Discs 11-18 use the track title format of "Japanese Subtitle[TAB]English Title" and rather than try to keep it that way, I flipped it to "English Title[TAB]Japanese Subtitle" to keep it in line with how most of the other discs are setup. I also changed it to "English Title -Japanese Subtitle-" just to make it easier to read. Without a clearly defined separator the words run into each other and read poorly. You could make an argument for using a simple separator of something like " - " but I opted to maintain the formatting that most of the other discs used. Feel free to make a case if you don't feel this is good.

- The entirety of Disc 13 is the one exception to adding the subtitles because just about every track on the disc is just a repeat of the English track name and it doesn't add any kind of descriptor or information about the track that isn't already there. For this disc I opted to omit the Japanese subtitle entirely.

- I updated a couple Japanese tracklists for some of the previous releases that had missing or typo'd kanji (like 関が原 instead of 関ヶ原), you'll see them in the edits but I didn't post on them.

- D15M12 is incorrectly credited to Yosuke Kinoshita in the inserts for this box set. It was Michihiko Shichi per KECH-1643~6 (D1M14). Note: This is one of only 2 or 3 discs that differed from their original releasese because for some reason they cut some of the IF tracks from the box set (I believe the IF tracks are the "Hypothetical" scenarios, which are the opposite of "Historical" scenarios which are true(ish) to history).

- D22M21 *does* have two composers and arrangers (MASA, Masato Koike) in both the inserts here and KECH-1413~4 (D2M21). This is one of the very few tracks that have two artists associated.

- D22M4 has two arrangers per inserts here but I am unable to verify against KTGS-30225CD (no scans), so I cannot say if that is a printing mistake or correct. For now I will assume it is correct.

- D47 reads "Composer and Arranger (Tr.15): Masato Koike" but I think this should be read as "Composer: Masato Koike; Arranger (Tr.15): Masato Koike". The credits on KTGS-30233CD-01~4 clarify the composition credits as Masato Koike for all of the Musou Z tracks. The way it is worded on the inserts here are ambiguous so I thought I would clarify.

- Added the Musou Stars arrangement credits, I missed the last page when transcribing them earlier.

- After researching some of the tracks and titles for Musou Stars, Myasato Koike is definitely Masato Koike, since the tracks that are credited to Myasato are from Nobunyaga no Yabou, which is basically a cat version of Nobunaga's Ambition. They have an entire series/franchise like this and it features characters from across the entire TECMO KOEI series that have been "catified", like "Nobunyaga Oda" and "Musashi Myamoto". So this is just him doing that to his name as a play on words to fall in line with the cat theme for the series. It also applies to NyarakiP, which is apparently an alias for Nobuhisa Hiroshige, one of the series creators.

- Updated "feat" composers from Discs 59 and 60 since they are all from other series (Dead or Alive, Atelier, Harukanaru Toki no Naka de, etc.)

Last edited by dancey; Apr 10, 2018 at 02:52 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:32 AM
Trusted Editor

One last thing:

I translated the Saihai no Yukue tracklist and I think despite the game being a bit of a comedy/punny kind of game, I don't think the tracklist was that crazy to translate, but if someone wants to specifically review that one, it would be appreciated.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:31 AM
Trusted Editor

Trying to add the English tracklist but keep getting:
Quote:
500 Internal Server Error
The request was not completed. The server met an unexpected condition.

vgmdb.net/db/tracklist-submit.php?do=add&id=73379 (port 443)
Please forward this error screen to vgmdb.net's WebMaster.
I'll keep trying, didn't have any issues updating any of the times or adding the entire JP tracklist so I'm assuming the DB is just slow right now.

*update*

All added. Had to add tracks by themselves, then track times 10 discs at a time. Apparently all 60 at once was too much...

Last edited by dancey; Apr 10, 2018 at 02:05 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 05:51 PM

That is an incredible amount of work. Thanks for spending the time and effort to get all of this in place.