VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:05 AM

Default Cthulhu Saves the World Original Sound Track

Since I've discovered that an updated version of the soundtrack has been released, I've changed the download link (now it sends you to the page with the updated version), and used as release date the one when the updated soundtrack came out.
I've also added a new tracklist (since I dunno how to update/delete the old one) with the new tracks, and corrected the typo of track 20, wich is no more in the updated version.

Anyway, since I can't find anywhere a "second track name" (the one between brackets) for the new tracks, I can't add it. And it appears that there is no place to find that in old tracks either, so, according to the mp3 track names, I removed them ; I would like to ask to the guy who created this entry where he found them...

You can still find the old tracklist until someone deletes it.

Last edited by Dunther; Sep 23, 2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 02:03 PM
VGMdb Administrator

This highlights one of the challenges to digital releases: the publisher can make changes, adding and removing tracks at will, sow e need to figure out a way to document that without having tons of similar album pages.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
This highlights one of the challenges to digital releases: the publisher can make changes, adding and removing tracks at will, sow e need to figure out a way to document that without having tons of similar album pages.
I was thinking that too today actually. Browsed a couple of albums that redirect to download pages with unconsistent tracklists (compared to the ones @ VGMdb that is). It's a bit frustrating.

How about a "Album history" (or something) tab above the "Tracklist" text on album pages? (which would act the same as switching tracklists' language).
That could be great to avoid/fix future issues.

Last edited by krelian75; Sep 29, 2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 07:50 AM

Well I think that one page is enough for this one, it's just an update after all, not a different album.