VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 11, 2016, 08:04 AM
Trusted Editor

This is the soundtrack for the 1st Yajikita Gakuen Douchuuki OAV released in 1989. I don't know if there are some tracks used in the second OAV released in 1991.

Credits for the songs:
http://anison.info/data/source/7115.html

I wrote "Shoko Yamagiwa" for the romanization of 山際祥子, it seems the most common romanization for this singer, and I see it in a lot of albums in VGMdb. Other possible romanizations are Shouko Yamagiwa and Yoshiko Yamagiwa, seen on back covers of some vinyls.

My quick opinion about this album: this is an incredible soundtrack with great songs (SUPERGIRL, 風に恋して, and the killer song MIGHT IS RIGHT(MIDNIGHT PLUTO) performed by NOB). It is mainly composed by the very talented, and I think underestimated, Nobuhiko Kashiwara (Good Morning Althea, Capricorn Original Album...). Buy it if you can, it's a cheap soundtrack and it stands the comparison with the best OAV soundtracks released in the 80's, in my opinion.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 12:27 PM
VGMdb Staff

mmm やまぎわ・さちこ, it should be Sachiko Yamagiwa
Old Nov 11, 2016, 01:32 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by depa View Post
mmm やまぎわ・さちこ, it should be Sachiko Yamagiwa
Forget drillspin, they are wrong about her.

With The TOPS, she's always credited as Yoshiko Yamagiwa; it can be found either romanized or written "山際よしこ" in credits (she wrote lyrics).

That's her real name.

I think if we cannot find romanization we should stick to it. Shouko/Shoko being an alias then, like on Area 88. Maybe because she was in contract with Victor at that time. Or could be a stupid typo