VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Sep 24, 2014, 02:33 PM

At this point, this seems like a dream that came true.
Why on earth is it so difficult to release soundtracks without being exclusivity stuff in BD and DVD. :/
Old Sep 24, 2014, 03:10 PM
VGMdb Staff

It's not that it's difficult, they just like to use the soundtrack as an incentive for people to buy the BD/DVD.

Oh and by the way, this isn't a compilation CD or anything. It's going to be unreleased tracks.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 03:34 PM

I think the title says it all

"VI~X Blu-ray BOX Soundtrack CD"
Why would someone assume to be a compilation, if nothing related to the episodes presented was released?

I get it is an incentive to people buy their stuff, but I don't agree with it. Paying to damn much money just so I can get the soundtrack? As much as I could like the music artist, I find it to be disrespect the artist himself fro being so stuck in increasing his works as stand alone releases.
My opinion.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 04:07 PM
VGMdb Staff

Well I wouldn't have known if it didn't say so. I haven't watched the later eps of this series so I have no idea how much unreleased/new music there is.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 04:41 PM

Holy shit. I love Matsuo but $200 for the set? I hope the eBay/Yahoo! Japan Auctions sellers don't try to scalp too much.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 05:04 PM
VGMdb Staff

How about $320 for this? The anime was shit imho. Otani wrote some nice music though but fucking hell these enclosures...
Old Sep 24, 2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
Well I wouldn't have known if it didn't say so. I haven't watched the later eps of this series so I have no idea how much unreleased/new music there is.
Oh!! I was not giving an asshole critic to you. Sorry if it looked like that.
I was just stating my logic on it. Nothing personal at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
How about $320 for this? The anime was shit imho. Otani wrote some nice music though but fucking hell these enclosures...
What the??? I didn't know he had released something new...
but.... stupid enclosures.
To make it even more worse. Check those Kuroshitsuji 2 enclosures and the stand alone released ost. It has some tracks of the bonus cds that came with limited edition of the dvds: SOME. Meaning that someone who is waiting and aiming for the soundtrack release will have a soundtrack with missing tracks. You can also check SHIKI and that image album enclosure only....
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanticScent View Post
To make it even more worse. Check those Kuroshitsuji 2 enclosures and the stand alone released ost. It has some tracks of the bonus cds that came with limited edition of the dvds: SOME. Meaning that someone who is waiting and aiming for the soundtrack release will have a soundtrack with missing tracks. You can also check SHIKI and that image album enclosure only....
The bonus tracks from Kuroshitsuji 2 on second enclosure soundtrack was IMHO almost unlistenable music from that weird Alice parody. Nothing what would you missed RS

Mirai Nikki box with its 400USD price and Mawaru Penguindrum box with 370USD are aslo awesome examples in term of price for one enclosure ost CD.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:39 PM

Release date changed according to info from amazon.co.jp.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:47 AM

Just added some images of tracklist and credits.
Something is written on the disc itself (name of disc) - probably it should be used as some addition to main title.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 01:39 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porter View Post
Just added some images of tracklist and credits.
Something is written on the disc itself (name of disc) - probably it should be used as some addition to main title.
Thanks! Added everything.