VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:44 PM

When I obtain a rare album, it's usually due to luck. In the case of Famicle Parodic 2, I can't claim luck as a factor. The only reason why I got this CD is because I didn't give up, despite 3 years of not being able to find even one listing, anywhere. It's not just that I didn't give up, it's that I kept looking for it while doubting its existence. I normally have samples of a CD, but with this one, I had nothing.

Was it worth the wait and diligence? Well, it's not that good. It's certainly an arrange album, but I wouldn't add this to your wishlist. It's not like "Hatris" bad or "Hal Game Music" bad, and not even "bad". It's just not on the level of the discoveries I usually make, like Insector X or Sweet Home.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 04:48 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Woah it really does exist, a nice confirmation purchase though!
Congrats on finally succeeding in hunting it down.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 05:07 PM

So you doubted it as well. I consider this, of every vgm album I have ever looked for, to be the most elusive. It's a shame it's just average. (Bear in mind that I am being very generous. Given its shock-inducing rarity, I feel that ignoring its horrifyingly annoying voices in some of the tracks is warranted. There is even a deep digital belch at one point. I have to say, I am impressed by how horrible this is. It's like one of those bad movies that is watchable because it is so bad.)

I actually didn't find it on YJA. I found it on AMZ JP's marketplace for 5,800 yen. The seller claimed that he might not have it, due to its rarity. I didn't get the obi, stickers, or any other extras that may have originally been included. The insert sheet is exceptionally terse.

I have a theory regarding this album: Everyone that heard it threw it away.

(FYI: I have no intention of ever selling this. It's like a "trophy" or something. I found the hardest to find thing that exists. Lol.)

Last edited by Jodo Kast; Feb 1, 2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 05:46 AM

2.5 years later:

My first opinions of this album were harsh and I've since come to enjoy this album quite a bit. The mastering is superb, which is typical for the old Columbia albums (COCA-XXXX and CA-XXXX). I've since watched a play through of this game on youtube and it pokes a lot of fun at Gradius and Salamander and probably references other games I'm not familiar with. One of the boss battles features music from Chikudenya Toubei, so that explains why the original music tracks have music from that game.

At first I rated this album 2.5 stars and now I feel it's worth 4.0 stars.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 07:32 PM

I managed to buy a copy of this album on YJA this week. As far as I can tell, it's the only copy sold on YJA since 2011 - which is a testament to its rarity.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrolack View Post
I managed to buy a copy of this album on YJA this week. As far as I can tell, it's the only copy sold on YJA since 2011 - which is a testament to its rarity.
So you got it. I've been taking an extended break from YJA, checked it out recently, and saw a Famicle Parodic 2. First time I ever saw one on YJA.

Congratulations, seriously. This is one ferociously difficult album to obtain.