VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 24, 2021, 05:22 AM

Hello there. Can I ask some question (for ppl who having this CD):
Is there any actual names of the tracks (in Japanese language) or there only production codes of tracks (M01,M02 and so on)?
If there actual names, can anyone share them? Thanks anyway!
Old Jun 24, 2021, 05:44 AM
VGMdb Staff

We have a scan showing the tracklist: https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=481712
Old Jun 24, 2021, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstz View Post
We have a scan showing the tracklist: https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=481712
Yeah, I saw it already. But I found this screenshot from person, who have CD https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME1B4I6 showing titles of some tracks. Plus they write “I've been repeating the music collection since I received the Infinite Train disc, but when I import the CD, which album is it? When you import a CD, depending on which album you select, the song title might be different.
By the way, this is the album I have.”

Btw, I tried to translate several tracks and titles matches ones that was shared several days ago here by one user (info got deleted already). So maybe it was official?
Old Jun 24, 2021, 06:45 AM
VGMdb Staff

The user who submitted that tracklist to VGMdb said that they looked up the titles from iTunes, which itself uses Gracenote. Gracenote contains a lot of user-submitted data, as any random user is able to submit their data from participating apps (like iTunes).

That particular screenshot looks like an Apple device, so those track titles probably came from Gracenote as well.

There isn't anything to suggest that those titles are official.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstz View Post
The user who submitted that tracklist to VGMdb said that they looked up the titles from iTunes, which itself uses Gracenote. Gracenote contains a lot of user-submitted data, as any random user is able to submit their data from participating apps (like iTunes).

That particular screenshot looks like an Apple device, so those track titles probably came from Gracenote as well.

There isn't anything to suggest that those titles are official.
Okay, got it. It’s person from JP, so it’s on 50/50 - official title tracks or not. They imported actual CD, so it’s kinda strange that title tracks shown like this. But maybe that I’m stupid and don’t understand how it works. I’m fine with these titles as production codes of tracks (I suppose it is).

Also, did you have this tracklist with songs names in JP language? I want to take look at it. Or maybe you can say me, which person uploaded that Tracklist. In any way, biggest thanks for info!

Last edited by PlatonGhoul; Jun 24, 2021 at 07:01 AM.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 01:21 PM

J-WID has 49 entries for "劇場版「鬼滅の刃」無限列車編より" and none of them seem to contain an actual title either.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 03:51 PM

I used Windows Media Player to view the track titles of this CD. There are definitely Japanese names of the titles, it is not just "M1", "M2", etc.. so are you saying Gracenote has fanmade titles?

Last edited by dilettantejiko; Jul 12, 2021 at 04:02 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 04:28 PM
VGMdb Staff

Yes, Gracenote has (very likely) fanmade titles that someone has submitted. Just because it is Japanese does not make it real. Windows Media Player also uses Gracenote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gracenote
>Customers
>iTunes, Media Go, Sonicstage, Groove Music and Windows Media Player all use Gracenote's CD track identification services.