VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 24, 2021, 06:00 AM
Trusted Editor

How do you read the music orchestra 御法度館? I would say "Gohattokan", but should the kanji 館 be considered as a suffix here, and therefore it should be read as "Kan"? Otherwise there are other readings for this kanji.
About the track name 1, Japanese Wikipedia put these furigana for 承知ノ介: しょうちのすけ. Therefore the reading gives "Gatten Shouchinosuke".
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82...C%AC2%E4%BD%9C
Old Dec 17, 2021, 05:50 PM
VGMdb Staff

@SaintSquall If you have some time, I noticed this album needs some work. I think you'll find that it's not up to your current standards.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 08:09 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal View Post
I think you'll find that it's not up to your current standards.
What does that mean?
I don't see a major problem on this album page.
- If you think I botched this submission, all the credits from the booklet are there. I'm not going to make up credits to look pretty.
- Are the Japanese names between brackets in the notes bothering you? I can remove them, but I noticed that some members of the staff continue to put them on.
- If it concerns just the "Manage Artists" page, I can actually add the roles and the credits in Japanese, I didn't know it had to be done when I submitted this album.

Finally if you are not happy with my submissions cal, I would prefer that you tell me it in PM please, in order to avoid me your annoying remarks here.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 08:48 AM
VGMdb Staff

@SaintSquall
- No sources are given for the romanized Japanese artists without artist pages.
- The "Original" field isn't used for any the Japanese artist names with romanizations.
- The roles don't match the booklet - the Japanese roles are translated and the abbreviations are all converted.
- 平原智 was linked to 平原まこと / そのべかずのり linked to 園部和範.

These are all issues that you've corrected in your current submissions. This one was just done before you knew.

As for the last point, staff have been directed to post about album edits in public for transparency.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 10:09 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal View Post
- No sources are given for the romanized Japanese artists without artist pages.
- The "Original" field isn't used for any the Japanese artist names with romanizations.
- The roles don't match the booklet - the Japanese roles are translated and the abbreviations are all converted.
So that's what I was saying, there are no mistakes on the album page, it concerns only the manage artists section or the comments. It's nothing but quibbling.
As I said in my previous post, I didn't know that the points you mentioned had become obligatory, before your private message in September. This album was submitted 2 months before this PM, that's why it wasn't edited.
Now I don't know why you are pointing to this particular album, because you could have mentioned all the submitted albums before this one.

I'll be frank: I think I already spend enough time on my submissions, and I'm not in the staff of this site. I am under no obligation to review my previous submissions, especially on things that are not very essential like here. I think I spend / have already spent a lot of time volunteering on this site which does not give me back, but anyway I do this especially for the Internet public and the music enthusiasts in particular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal
- 平原智 was linked to 平原まこと / そのべかずのり linked to 園部和範.
They are not true aliases and there was only one page for each artist when I submitted this album. You just added a new artist page yesterday. Now I am not convinced that's it's necessary to multiply the artists' pages for other spellings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal
These are all issues that you've corrected in your current submissions. This one was just done before you knew.
False, this album page was created 2 months before your PM in September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal
As for the last point, staff have been directed to post about album edits in public for transparency.
Except that these are the artists edits, and not the album edits (when we want to be so fussy, we want to say the exact things). Finally, why post about a 6 month old submission? It's really being a pain.

Last edited by SaintSquall; Dec 19, 2021 at 10:12 AM.