VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 9, 2022, 04:59 PM

I noticed a lot of the current English names for the Japanese track list seem to be incomplete, many just being translations of the scenes the tracks are used in, rather than the track names themselves. On the other hand, the Japanese track names are missing the scene indications entirely.

I just added those for the Japanese track list, but somebody might need to do a retranslation of the entire English track list. I already noticed a lot of the place name translations are inaccurate, e.g. "Northeast" instead of "Tohoku" (東北), "Eight Koda" (?!) instead of "Hakkoda" (八甲田).

Last edited by mudkipNDS; Jan 9, 2022 at 09:18 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudkipNDS View Post
I noticed a lot of the current English names for the Japanese track list seem to be incomplete, many just being translations of the scenes the tracks are used in, rather than the track names themselves. On the other hand, the Japanese track names are missing the scene indications entirely.

I just added those for the Japanese track list, but somebody might need to do a retranslation of the entire English track list. I already noticed a lot of the place name translations are inaccurate, e.g. "Northeast" instead of "Tohoku" (東北), "Eight Koda" (?!) instead of "Hakkoda" (八甲田).
@mudkipNDS thanks for the update. If you still have some interest in the title, could you help identifying the artist?

The name on english credits "Miyuki Sekimizu" doesn't return anything.

Nothing on wikipedia on any language, mobygames, giantbomb, imdb/igdb... You'd imagine whomever used the pseudonym would at least have some more titles with the fake name for one to track.