VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:08 AM

Default Name of the organ used in this music from a game?

Music is from Sentry Knight Conquest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYg4b43JkKk

1:04-1:14
Same music also played at the boss levels such as
22:34-24:20

I cannot find any public release or youtube videos that showcase only the music, thus the only way to hear it is in the actual game, not to click through the dialogue at the section that corresponds to 1:04-1:14 (which ccurs after you shot down the two skeletons and then grab the map when you first start the game)

So far by ear I have identified the following instruments:
Violins
Unknown string instruments (Probably some kind of mid range violin. They form the plucking base in the background)
Trumpet or French horn
Some kind of male choir (in the segment when the music intensifies)
Some kind of female choir (near the end of the intensification, where the trumpets started to play)
Bell (heard in short percussions. In the segment where the music intensifies, it is heard as these two notes repeating at intervals: BbA)
Timpani or other non snare drum type of drum (the percussion in the background)

However I am interested in the organ sounding thing that plays whenever the music intensifies (It is buried under the choir)

From my experience, it lacks the metallic timbre for it to be a baroque pipe organ or a cathedral organ. It also sound "too soft" to be a gothic organ

Any idea what organ (or more specifically, the name of the instrument, electronic or not) that produce that high pitched "ringing" like sound in the music?

Last edited by secret; Jul 9, 2015 at 10:10 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:04 AM

I've tried and can't hear ANY organ in that section of music you referenced. :/
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:27 PM

Me neither
Old Jul 11, 2015, 04:40 AM

Then maybe I was wrong and it's not an organ
What I hear is some kind of "ringing" like instrument buried in the choir section that makes it a lot more intense than without it

It is a sequence of trill (BbABbABbABbA)(AAbAAbAAbAb) roughly an octave higher than the male choir

To further clarify my query, I have spent 5 hours isolating the instrument of interest

This is the instrument all by itself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri2gTy7bqzo

This is how the music will sound like without the instrument
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7z6B1p1ZvA

Any idea on what type of instrument or electronic music instrument that can produce this ringing timbre, because I frequently encounter this in other epic battle music that has some association with concepts like volcanoes, inferno, demons and the like?