VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 18, 2023, 04:51 PM

Yes, Vol. 2's booklet does fold out into that plus shape.

I went ahead and uploaded my scan of the obi, even though it already has an image, just to have everything as a scan. Delete mine if you consider it to be redundant.

Let me know if I should upload just the front of the booklet for the display image. My scan is more accurate for the coloring (it's also a bit crisper of an image).
Old May 18, 2023, 11:32 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaqthourne View Post
I went ahead and uploaded my scan of the obi, even though it already has an image, just to have everything as a scan. Delete mine if you consider it to be redundant.

Let me know if I should upload just the front of the booklet for the display image. My scan is more accurate for the coloring (it's also a bit crisper of an image).
I work well in editing the album scans section of the db, so I kept a cleaner scan of the obi of yours and deleted the old one.

Oh, and I cropped the booklet exterior (via Pixlr) just to have the cleaner front scan displayed.
Old May 19, 2023, 07:10 AM

I think this soundtrack is awesome. I also noticed that in this album and the rest that are in the same series, Hisaishi made heavy use of the Korg WAVESTATION and M1, with a few other synths being used from time to time. Interestingly, many science shows and documentaries released in the 90s were fond of using the WAVESTATION.
Old May 19, 2023, 08:08 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaqthourne View Post
Yes, Vol. 2's booklet does fold out into that plus shape.
I also happen to have some experience with editing such a format, although the background is artificial, yours is excellent though so no problems even if that's how it is.
Old May 20, 2023, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NF8444 View Post
I think this soundtrack is awesome. I also noticed that in this album and the rest that are in the same series, Hisaishi made heavy use of the Korg WAVESTATION and M1, with a few other synths being used from time to time. Interestingly, many science shows and documentaries released in the 90s were fond of using the WAVESTATION.
The Kikujiro no Natsu OST is what got me to start buying every Hisaishi album I could find, not just his Studio Ghibli OSTs and related albums. I bought Kikujiro in late 2003, a few months before buying this album. This album did not disappoint. I actually didn't run into a Hisaishi album I didn't like until I got some of his very early albums, like MKWAJU and Information, and then his later minimalist (I think that's the term for that type of music) albums like the Minima_Rhythm albums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFantomConvoy View Post
I also happen to have some experience with editing such a format, although the background is artificial, yours is excellent though so no problems even if that's how it is.
I had to stitch together several scans and then delete the dead space in the four corners.

Last edited by Blaqthourne; May 20, 2023 at 07:07 AM.
Old May 20, 2023, 07:35 AM

I should also mention that though the original documentaries are hard to find and they're in Japanese only, they're still worth a watch since they give a fascinating look at the human body and physiology. Plus, there's also some amazing microscopy.