VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 11, 2014, 07:25 AM
VGMdb Administrator

So about these character songs ... I found some credits on wikipedia that pointed me to the artist page but I'm not sure what to use for the artist name.

If I get it right, his real name is 園田 健太郎 (Kentaro Sonoda), and he uses 木村 有希 (Yuki Kimura, not Yuuki apparently) and 園田 智也 (Tomoya Sonoda?) as aliases. Is this correct?
Jasrac credits the first two character songs to 園田 智也.

Also now that I think about it, the name for the club that Funi used is "Game Creation Club (Provisional)", so I suppose that's the official english name. Should we change the album titles?

Last edited by Illidan; Jun 11, 2014 at 07:29 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 08:12 AM
VGMdb Staff

It is official, I would have no problem with changing it.

I don't know where "Game Production Club CD (tentative)" comes from though, if it was picked up already in alphabet from some official JP source, then Funi's name can be added to alternate line. If it doesn't have official JP source, then Funi can replace it altogether on the display line (since this part was already put as a translation).

Last edited by Efendija; Jun 11, 2014 at 08:19 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 09:04 PM
VGMdb Administrator

@nextday: did you find it already in english somewhere? I have tried searching for it but couldn't find anything relevant.

Anyway, assuming what I said about the artist is correct, can I create it as an alias of Yuuki Kimura even if that one is already technically an alias?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 02:44 AM
VGMdb Staff

Knowing we usually seem to avoid making pages for names not used in music works (at least relevant for this db), creating that alias of alias thing is ok, I agree.

However, he does use the real name for music overall (as seen on the homepage)
https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/id398168862
so maybe better to make the page for the real name after all and connect the aliases just to make it easier for tracking (and leaving just 園田 智也 in absence of 智也 reading, oh and adjusting to Yuki instead of Yuuki to match that homepage again)?

edit - added the dude anyway...

Last edited by Efendija; Jun 12, 2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 02:34 PM
VGMdb Staff

Don't remember where it came from so just change it.

JASRAC has the reading of the alias as Tomoya Sonoda for what it's worth.

Last edited by cal; Jun 12, 2014 at 02:40 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 08:37 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Alright, thanks for the help everyone

I have left the name in kanji since I have no clue if JASRAC readings are accurate to be honest, let me know if I should edit them.