VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Oct 6, 2008, 06:44 AM

Just wondering if there should be another entry for this soundtrack seeing as it was released physically and digitally.

Physical copy can be found here.

If you go to the Viking soundtrack page at Sumthing.com and click the "Buy" button it'll redirect you to Amazon (mentioned above). Seeing as you're redirected to Amazon from Sumthing I take it that $15.98 is the official release price.

And lastly, the digital release can be found here at $9.99.

Last edited by PsychoZeke; Oct 12, 2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 12:22 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

This is a sort of matter no..?
If you do it for Viking, we should do it for every "digital soundtrack" that is also buyable on cd.
The price will differ, but what about the catalog # ?
Since the tracklist is the same, what about always taking for child album the cd release one, and just add that it was also released digitally on the note field?

And i am not talking about the general matter about digital release soundtracks price, you can find 10 different prices for the whole soundtrack, depending where you buy it digitally...
Old Oct 9, 2008, 02:47 AM

That's pretty much what I was going at.

And I'm certain the physical copy would have a catalog #, but I can't seem to find a single site that is selling the CD that lists it. Not even at Sumthing.com.

I'm also certain that $9.99 is the official release price for the digital copy seeing as that's the main price at Sumthing.com, which is where the soundtrack is being published and distributed from. Still, instead of going through the hassle of adding child entries, this info could be added at the notes section instead; like, "Soundtrack released physically and digitally" or something to that extent.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 08:15 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Catalogue numbers for Sumthing Else Music Works can be found at the Japanese HMV site:
http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2786427

They just list the middle 4 numbers, so you'll have to fill in the rest to complete it (i.e. "2046" becomes "SE-2046-2").

And yeah, it's better to add the digital release info to the notes, if there's no difference in content / release date.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 08:05 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Nice find!

By the way, one of the artists has his family name misspelled: "Walter Nair" should be "Walter Mair". I've edited the entry, but it seems that this didn't change anything, which is surprisingly strange.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 08:15 AM
VGMdb Administrator

The artist linking system overrides the default artist fields, that's why it didn't change. I've fixed it for you though.