VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Sep 21, 2016, 03:09 PM

It seems the moment i stepped away from all this, all kinds of information came out. I'm quite late to the party.

Really? 7 composers? I figured there was at least a few extra, but it sounds like Sakaguchi didn't do that much of it afterall. I kind of wondered if Manami Matsumae was involved because the more i listened to the intro theme i thought it sounded like her. I thought i said something on here about it but apparently i didn't. I would have never guessed the slums theme was from her. It seemed a little too low tier composition quality to be her as her stuff is usually one of the more quality compositions from capcom. That was one i was sure was Sakaguchi as his work, at least what i think is his, usually sounds mediocre in comparison to Yoko, Manami, and Fujita.

I was correct in thinking the third Bay Area theme/Belger theme was Shimomura, the second one sounded like a possibility, but the third seemed more so, it felt the most like SF2, reminded me a lot of Ryu's theme.

The others i am just kinda "either way" with as i don't know half of these people.

Considering the uncanny amount of uncredited work, this also makes me further wonder if Shimomura did that song in C&D. Granted it could just be Isao as it sounds a lot like his stuff, but the composition is extremely Shimomura-ish while the arrangement feels like Isao, it always sounded like Shimomura composed it while Isao arranged it. Probably didn't happen but i can't say for sure.

On a similar subject, if i remember correctly, wasn't the boss end theme for Champion Edition by Yuki Iwai? I somehow feel like i remember such a thing. I also wonder who did the staff roll theme in that game. I am not so sure that was Yoko, but i could be wrong. It feels like the composer to the SNES port, whoever that was, did that one as its composition style is closest to that version being it feels like a cross between the SNES intro theme as well as Ken's theme.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaveX View Post
I'd heard somewhere that the game's soundtrack was originally supposed to be composed solely by Kumi Yamaga, but she left Capcom before doing any real work on the game, and the soundtrack got finished by whoever happened to be available. Though the rumor didn't involve this many composers!
Hi, chances are, you don't check this message board anymore, but where did you hear this? Also, was the game perhaps 1943 Kai instead of Final Fight? That would make more sense since Kumi Yamaga seems to be long gone from Capcom by the time Final Fight was being developed and 1943 Kai's soundtrack is comprised of contributions from all of the Capcom composers that were around in the first half of 1988 (six composers).

Anyone else wanna weigh-in on this?