VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Nov 23, 2008, 09:04 AM
VGMdb Administrator

It may seem strange for there to be an enclosure CD for an Arcade game, but the wiki page for the game explains that the Exclusive Collection contains an ID card that lets you manage your music campaign, gives you access to separate songs, etc.

Additionally, the Technika package and the Platinum package each contain one of the CDs. Technically, they should probably each get their own entries.

Note that there are a couple of big names on the list of composers.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 10:42 PM

Yeah the other two packages only receive the original soundtrack for the game while the Exclusive Package [Limited Edition], or this entry to be exact, gets a few extras including another soundtrack containing various full/extended versions of songs from the game that were originally made.

I made a little note about it just now along with editing a little bit about the Disc 2 information for Tsukasa. Added Tr. 2 for him. DJMAX soundtracks introduced me to the whole doujin scene when I first started. I came attached to Tsukasa's music after hearing it from the DJMAX Portable 2 OST and the rest is history. I might have to add that one now that I mentioned it.

Last edited by eternal_tsukasa; Nov 23, 2008 at 10:47 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal_tsukasa View Post
I came attached to Tsukasa's music after hearing it from the DJMAX Portable 2 OST and the rest is history. I might have to add that one now that I mentioned it.
Oh yes, please.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 01:32 PM

The details are just a bit off. This package IS available for sale in Korea, just in limited quantities. The IC card that comes with it is limited edition and has one of 5 designs on it, whereas you just get a membership key to the Platinum crew feature with the other 2 sets. Also, the other packages contain either of the 2 CDs based on which box you get. The Platinum set comes with DJMAX TECHNIKA SPECIAL TRACKS -PLATINUM MIXING- (disc 2) and the Technika set comes with DJMAX TECHNIKA ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK -TECHNIKA MIXING- (disc 1).

The 2 individual CDs have their own cases and album artwork in their respective sets that differ from that included in this set, which is laid out more like a big collectors box. The tracklists are the same though.

Last edited by waxingandwanding; Nov 26, 2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 01:44 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The 'Not for Sale' text means that the soundtrack isn't available for sale by itself (unless you mean that it actually is.) It's only available as part of the package, which is (or was) sold commercially. If we add a price for the album, that text will change to 'Package Price.'

Thanks for the info on the other 2 sets.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 02:27 AM

Yeah, I think it should be listed as a package price and not "Not For Sale." One of the main features of the Exclusive Collection version is the soundtrack discs, as the giant cardboard case is built to house them, and all the other material is tucked away in the manual.

Not sure how much it goes for though.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 04:12 PM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

Found some scans of the booklet and added them. It includes lyrics as well.

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.