VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Nov 5, 2015, 10:39 PM

I must admit I'm stumped. Anyone have the slightest clue what "B.O." is supposed to be an acronym for?

Though doesn't the cover have it written as just "B.O"

Granted I'm pretty certain that when you place full stops into an acronym there should be one after each letter in the acronym, so perhaps it was just a mistake. After all they did misspell "Rhythm" as "Rythm" on the back cover.

Last edited by BlazingAbyss; Nov 5, 2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:23 PM

BO = Bande Originale = OST in french (since it comes from a french magazine, I used to have that cd)
Rythm was written as such maybe because in french it's Rythme (without another h)

Last edited by Phonograph; Nov 5, 2015 at 11:27 PM.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 03:15 AM

I see, thanks for clearing that up for me it all makes a whole lot more sense now.

So all together would that mean that the title translates to something like "Nightmare Creatures - The Original Soundtrack Bosses?"
Old Nov 6, 2015, 03:24 AM

more like "NC - Theme of the Bosses"
because B.O. meaning OST sounds weird as OST of the bosses or anything like that
Old Nov 6, 2015, 11:27 PM

I'd say it has two meanings:
- A straight meaning as "Songs of the bosses (of the game)"
- A more funny meaning as "The soundtrack of tough guys", as a way to appeal to kids who bought the magazine.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 12:23 AM

I didn't notice till now but the release date is wrong
the magazine issue is indeed december 1997 but consoles+ never got released in month of their issue
they always release(d? --makes aeons I didn't buy one so don't know if they still exist) 1 week before the month of issue
so, the real date is november 1997, not december
Old Nov 28, 2015, 01:52 PM

Well I contacted Frédéric Motte and asked him a few things regarding this CD.

Firstly while he did not pick the name of the CD he says that if he were to translate it to English he would go with "The Soundtrack of the Bosses."

Also as a little fun fact the music you can get from inputting the game for either PS1 or PC into your computer should be the same audio quality as the ones featured on this CD as they were recorded as CD-Audio tracks as apposed to being stored in data files.

Lasty, he mentioned that he thinks "there were some errors on some copies of "La BO..." which seem to have occurred during the duplication process. If my memory serves me right, there were some digital glitches on the last couple of tracks of "La BO..."."

*Edit* Well I went through the CD to see if I could find any of the apparent errors and the last track "SEWER SNAKE (Pedal To The Metal Mix)" had the aforementioned digital glitches through out the whole song. I'm unaware if this is a occurrence in the majority of the copies of this soundtrack or not.

Last edited by BlazingAbyss; Nov 28, 2015 at 09:23 PM.