VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 18, 2022, 07:40 AM
Trusted Editor

These shipped out recently, but all copies have an issue where side A is sped up by about 8%. According to Sam Miller it's an issue with sample rate conversion. DKC3 Recreated have the same issue on side D.

Regardless of the cause it should've been caught in the test pressing phase, so the label either didn't bother listening or didn't know what they were listening to.

They have stated that they will "fix it" without mentioning what exactly that entails.
Old May 18, 2022, 08:50 AM
Trusted Editor

There's your 8%...
Code:
(48000.0 / 44100.0) - 1.0 = 0.088435
Total incompetence if you ask me.
Old May 18, 2022, 10:09 AM
Trusted Editor

Yep, that's what the screenshot I saw from Sam Miller said too. The digital copies sound fine, so I'm not sure what the label did to manage to get only the vinyl wrong AND only some sides... It's uh.. impressively incompetent.
Old May 18, 2022, 11:15 AM

Is it just the speed or also the pitch?

I feel kinda bad for the arranger here. His people probably submitted their stuff alright and someone down the chain messed up. Not to wreak havoc on the manufacturer but do we know who produced these? Own up to your mistakes and all.
Old May 18, 2022, 11:48 AM
Trusted Editor

They were pressed at French pressing plant MPO, but I'm guessing the label Mental Groove Records / Musique Pour la Danse are the ones to blame here. At the very least they should have received test pressings to verify that everything sounded correct before proceeding with a full pressing.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 02:11 PM
Trusted Editor

Replacements for the faulty copies are finally going out starting next week.