VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:16 AM

@nextday: who told you were being able to capitalize my tracklist?
I didn't give you the authorization
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:17 PM
VGMdb Staff

I didn't think you did it intentionally. Change it back if you like.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:24 PM

I'd have preferred you performed the undo yourself, but whatever

personally I prefer when it's not capitalized (like with saki achiga ost) because it's cuter
a lot of tracklists look terrible with caps
Old Dec 27, 2014, 03:16 PM

So I capitalized the tracklist like it should be.

The fact that you think you have ownership of tracklists, Phonograph, just shows how little you really understand about editing at a public information site with policies and guidelines. You submitted an English translation of something. Unless there's a precedent for a certain kind of capitalization in an album like everything except 5 tracks was in full caps or something, use standard English capitalization (and even with precedents some of the staff here will tell you to use standard English capitalization anyway). It's a standard for a reason. If you translated it into French, you'd use standard French capitalization. If you translated it into fucking Lebanese, you'd use standard Lebanese capitalization. Otherwise we have every other dumb weeaboo on the site randomly lowercasing shit because he thinks it's cute. Jesus H Christ, seriously.

You actually said "I didn't give you the authorization" wowwww I can't even believe that you should seriously fucking leave with that attitude you do not own material on this website get the fuck out if you think you do

P.S. I submitted a new tracklist that's even cuter than Phonograph's and I give nobody the authorization to change it because normal English looks terrible and codespeak looks super cute. Remember, nobody has authorization to touch what is now my tracklist I OWN it lolololololol

Last edited by Hellacia; Dec 27, 2014 at 03:30 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 03:45 PM

Bahaha I guess I shouldn't be surprised since this is coming from the guy who went around RAGE DELETING "his" tracklists when somebody had a perfectly normal discussion about translating the names of Japanese songs to English... in English tracklists. And Phonograph is such an English-is-ugly-and-Japanese-is-perfect weeaboo that he just raged and went deleting his tracklists hahahaha
Old Dec 27, 2014, 10:29 PM
VGMdb Administrator

If one wants to nitpick, I don't think we really have a guideline about capitalization, but we don't because it's common sense to use the standard one unless there is a good reason not to (as in a tracklist written in English, with a different capitalization). I don't really see why it shouldn't be used here.

In any case, please fix the tracklist Hellacia.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 12:25 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
P.S. I submitted a new tracklist that's even cuter than Phonograph's and I give nobody the authorization to change it because normal English looks terrible and codespeak looks super cute. Remember, nobody has authorization to touch what is now my tracklist I OWN it lolololololol
Don't vandalize entries to make a point.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 11:33 AM

Sorry, sorry, I was gonna change it back

Seriously though Phonograph's post is the dumbest post I've ever read on this website he thinks he gets to authorize people to change things on this website what the fuck
Old Dec 29, 2014, 01:18 PM

Phonograph makes very good contributions to the site but when he acts up like that I just don't know what the fuck.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 02:13 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I don't really think that Phono's sense of ownership of the translations he makes is that harmful, especially in comparison to telling someone to "get the fuck out" of VGMdb over capitalization and inflicting actual harm onto the database.

Surely there is a way we can discuss capitalization standards and other things without this kind of B.S.

Last edited by CHz; Dec 29, 2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 05:29 PM

You know I never intended it to be a permanent tracklist, man. Also "inflicting actual harm" is pretty much a ridiculous thing to say when you're dealing with someone who, again, actually went around deleting his tracklists from the database and didn't plan on putting them back (as far as I know). That's much more harmful than what I did, which you know was just to prove a point. It's also more harmful to want your own personal capitalization scheme to be the permanent default to a tracklist (unlike my edit which again was obviously meant to be temporary) and to not accept any kind of suggestion or improvement. Just read the first post, nextday had changed it to proper caps and Phonograph flat-out rejected it with no discussion allowed. "I didn't give you the authorization." Period.

This particular incident isn't harmful if looked at as an isolated event, but it's not an isolated event. It's part of Phonograph's mentality of ownership over stuff here at the database, and when he doesn't get his way it ends up really bad. And don't even say I'm the same way, please. I talk up a real shitstorm but I don't go around deleting stuff. I don't go around doing stuff a different way after I've had a conversation with a mod about a policy and I don't agree with it. I changed this one thing to prove a point which you know was to prove a point because you told me not to do it to prove a point in your own post. WAY different.

And I hardly even want to touch the part where you said I told someone to get the fuck out "over capitalization" because it's honestly so literally fucking stupid CHz I barely know what to say. Obviously I'm telling him to get the fuck out because of his spoiled attitude over anything he touches and thinking he has control over something everybody is supposed to be able to improve. You just can't possibly think that the capitalization itself was the issue, you just can't think that. Capitalization is a typical discussion and that's fine. No, I'm good with "discussing capitalization standards and other things". Phonograph is not. Phonograph doesn't care to discuss capitalization, or anything else he has done here for that matter. He just about outright said so in this thread. And when someone's opinion of what they think is good trumps any kind of improvement or discussion, THAT is what's harmful. Please don't try to spin this shit on me. I'm loud and I'm an ass but I don't think I own shit on this database and I don't go around doing shit as I please regardless of things that I know are a policy, written or unwritten. Please don't claim Phonograph didn't know we use proper capitalization for translations, he did and didn't care.

Last edited by Hellacia; Dec 29, 2014 at 05:52 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 09:01 AM
VGMdb Staff

Just so you know, it didn't really bother me that much. It still doesn't.