VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 21, 2009, 01:12 PM

The English tracklisting for this soundtrack will need a bit of touching up, but I'm having a slightly difficult time locating an accurate tracklist that matches up with what's on the back of the CD case.

The current English tracklisting is, more or less, pretty accurate (character names might need to be reviewed by someone that's more familiar with Japanese animation), but some tracks are missing their subtitle/second title.

Also, after going back and forth with the title of this soundtrack, I'm going to stick with what's on the OBI, "Tatsunoko Fight Original Soundtrack", as opposed to the cover, which is just "Tatsunoko Fight".

Last edited by Lackadaisical; Jun 21, 2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 02:21 PM

Exclamation

The past few weeks I've occupied myself with various projects, and one of them was ripping the music off of the game after being asked by a close friend of mine (and someone over at my channel). All info I gathered from the Wikipedia entry for the game and here.

As far as the composer and arranger...

I was told that Junzo Yagami (谷上 純三) did the music for the game, and after failing to find any info about this on the 'net, I decided to hunt for videos on YouTube and came across one where that screencap came from. Wish I could tell who the others are, though...
Old Dec 15, 2010, 04:50 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Those folks are: Chuji Nagaoka, Yoshiaki Kubotera, Noboru Iwata, Junzo Yagami as you identified, and Yoshifumi Iwata, all of CUBE.

I'm not sure how to interpret the credit of 音楽制作 (music production/creation): whether it means they were all composers, or that all of the sound staff were lumped together (director, engineers, etc.). The first four have all composed for multiple games, but Yoshifumi Iwata's roles, when they're actually specified and not just "sound," tend to be for other things: management, voice editing, etc. He may have composed for Hello Kitty's Cube Frenzy for the PSX.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 05:49 PM

Whenever credits are given like that, I usually interpret them the way you mentioned: Director, Engineer, etc., with Composer being somewhere in the final slots (and depending on the composer's name). Maybe such is the case?

Twenty tracks seem like a reasonable amount for him to cover alone taking to consideration his past work, as well as that, out of the other three, he has the most number of soundtracks where he has worked alone.

Still, just in case no further proof is presented, should CUBE be added as Composer/Arranger?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 06:16 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I just checked Anison Generation's record for the game, and they have credits for four of the vocal tracks:

02 Composed and arranged by Junzo Yagami, lyrics by Junzo Yagami and TF Production Committee (TF製作委員会, I'm assuming TF = Tatsunoko Fight)
04 Composed and arranged by Noboru Iwata, lyrics by Noboru Iwata and TF Production Committee
15 Composed and arranged by Junzo Yagami, lyrics by Junzo Yagami and TF Production Committee
20 Composed and arranged by Junzo Yagami, lyrics by Junzo Yagami and TF Production Committee

So those two can for sure be linked to this album. Linking CUBE for the other tracks is fine with me, since CUBE is credited for the music, after all. You can list the full sound staff in the notes.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 04:09 AM

Done and done.

Thanks for the help! =)