VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 19, 2020, 12:51 PM

Default Looking for suggestions on good megaman music not in the boxes

I have all the rockman sound box releases from capcom, as well as the rockman 11 cd (not Inti's zero arrange box though, or any of the individual cds from it).

Just wondering if there are any other rockman cd's worth seeking out? Good arranges, games in the boxes that have issues that have a better solo release, etc.

Cheers!
Old May 19, 2020, 03:51 PM

RushJet1 remade GB MMII and III to not sound like garbage and did some incredible VRC6 versions of the NES games. His Bandcamp downloads even include the .nsf so you can play the games with them. Seems like you can get them on CD if you want.

Some choice tracks: Heat Man, Top Man

Oh and you may wanna grab the 2002 Rockman 1-6 set since that's the only one where MM1 and MM2 aren't messed up from what I've read.
Old May 19, 2020, 09:30 PM

I don't know about the quality of most of the official releases, I only have the X1-6 box...

However for arranged, the Rockman X Alph-Lyla album is a Jazz and Rock cover album for the first Rockman X and it's quite good, the Mega man zero "remastered" arrange and remake albums are quality releases too, and "Rockman.exe 15th arrange" that I would also recommend if you like the exe/battle network series.
Old May 19, 2020, 11:14 PM

Yeah that Alph-Lyla jazz album for MMX1 is fantastic. Masato effing Honda on sax.

RE: the X1-6 box, that one has some issues on the first three games where there's sound effects on some of the tracks (most annoyingly the health bar at the beginning of the Zero fight from MMX2). The newer Sound Box is free of any such issues afaik
Old May 20, 2020, 08:16 AM

Cheers both, I'll see if I can pick those all up.
Old May 20, 2020, 06:59 PM

The 25th Anniversary Rockman Rock Arrange is my favourite arrange album from any franchise.
Old May 25, 2020, 06:05 AM

Thanks, ordered it.