VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 18, 2011, 07:55 AM

indeed. there are tonnes of nintendo games that could use soundtracks. wish they wouldn't be so iffy about music releases, if anyone has the resources to do it then they do.

i don't think Sonic 1+2+Chaos (Master System) ever appeared on any releases did they? or other 8bit sonic games for that matter. they could all be bundled together for a good release
Old Jun 18, 2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSIRockin View Post
I wish they'd release a Luigi's Mansion soundtrack. I loved that soundtrack. But the older the game gets, the less I can see it happening.
I hope with Luigi's Mansion 2 they'll do something about it. I mean, it would't be the first time they release soundtracks for *Game 1 & 2* after/with the release of *Game 2* =D
Old Jun 19, 2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
In my opinion, Sonic The Hedgehog 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles needs to put onto a 3 Disc Set (or 2 if there isnt that many tracks).
Well, you've got 1 & 2...

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/06/...ack-announced/
Old Jun 21, 2011, 02:55 PM

A recent gem I discovered a few months ago...
M.U.S.H.A.
God, would I kill for a release of it. It's got be one the best rock shmup soundtracks I've ever heard, even rivalling the stuff in Thunder Force IV. Definitely worth checking out.

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!
Old Jul 1, 2011, 01:29 PM

I wish they'd release a soundtrack for Rayman. I really thought that soundtrack was cool
Old Jul 17, 2011, 05:23 PM

Lords Of Thunder (Sega CD)<---yes, imo it's better than the Turbo Grafx CD's soundtrack. An ost release would be nice.

Critical Depth (PSX)

Destruction Derby 2 (PSX)

MDK2 (Dreamcast)

I know the first three have redbook audio, I own them but it's not the same. A soundtrack release for all four of them would be much appreciated.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 08:30 AM

Genesis games:

Wolfchild
Divine Sealing
Splatterhouse 2+3

Last edited by Vert1; Aug 26, 2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:25 AM

I wish they'd release one for Megaman X6. Not in the 1-6 compilation.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 06:32 PM

Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire. Fantastic tunes by T's Music.

Can the OP update the first post with all the games listed?

Last edited by Vert1; Sep 12, 2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 09:34 AM

There are many great games that have sadly not gotten soundtrack releases, outside of pretty much anything from Nintendo, here are some that I have found. Not sure if any of these have been mentioned on here yet.

Ape Escape 2
Ape Escape 3
Medievil 1
Medievil 2
Rayman 2
Rayman 3
Shining the Holy Ark (not the Sakuraba album, but one that has the original Saturn music)
Bug 1 & Too (I believe that Too has some music on the disc if you put it in the computer but not much)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 (The awesome PS1/Saturn arranges)
Dual Hearts (Great action RPG from the PS2 era, brought out by Atlus in the USA, not even sure who the composer was)
Klonoa Empire of Dreams & Dream Champ Tournament (There were some nice tunes in those GBA titles, specifically the first one. Plus I love the Klonoa series.)
Magic Pengel
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody

There are many more out there that I am forgetting as it's quite a long list. This is an interesting thread because there's so many soundtracks out there both in print and out of print, but still many that were simply never made. Hopefully one day these game companies will go "Oh my, we never released (insert soundtrack) and people want it, maybe we should look back and see what we missed". One can hope right?

Last edited by thedreamtraveler; Sep 13, 2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectZer0 View Post
I'm with every person who has said Jet Moto or Jet Moto 2 (if any).....Holy fuck why have these two games never had offical releases?! Fucking christ somebody do these OSTs justice!

I couldn't agree more with that statement, I love the music to those games! They have that awesome 90's PS1 era sound to them, my personal favorites come from Jet Moto 2. The Title Screen song is absolutely epic stuff! I never played the first Jet Moto, sadly the only way to listen to Jet Moto 2's music is either by playing the game or putting the game into the computer, where it's Red Book audio can be found. Hopefully one day we''ll get their OSTs, I think especially now that Sony could totally bring that series back as you can sort of see remnants of the series through their other games. The latest Motorstorm game reminds me of the Jet Moto series as the third game, Apocalypse, has comic book style story/cut scenes.

Last edited by thedreamtraveler; Sep 14, 2011 at 03:12 AM.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 09:25 PM

Did anyone mention Mario Paint yet? Something magic about that music. Just watched the Zan: Nintendo 3DS Peripheral Unboxing on youtube and it has a little snippet of Mario Paint in it *drools*
Old Sep 19, 2011, 06:36 PM

I would love a The Legend of Zelda Minish Cap and a
Layton Kyouju to Kiseki no Kamen Original Soundtrack both games have a very nice soundtrack
Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:17 AM

How about Street Fighter EX plus Alpha for Playstation? A very slick soundtrack indeed.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:47 AM

I personally enjoyed the soundtrack to the forgotten Gameboy Color game, Magi-Nation. Even though it used the limited sound processors of the GBC sound chip, there were some nice tunes hidden under the midicompositions. Not that there's anything wrong with midi sound as some of my favorite games both growing up and now use it. Things like Castlevania, Megaman, Mario Bros., and tons more so. I would either take a Gameboy Color version OST, a remix of the entire game's OST, or a combination release similar to Phantasy Star 0's OST or Persona 2 giving the consumer both. It was a great little game, never got around to finishing it and the cart battery probably died by now. It may have been heavily influenced by the Pokemon games at the time, but I didn't care as I enjoyed it a lot and thought that it had enough going for it to be able to stand on its own.

Last edited by thedreamtraveler; Sep 28, 2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 03:11 PM

Nekketsu Oyako (prefferably Saturn version)
Old Oct 6, 2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamtraveler View Post
There are many great games that have sadly not gotten soundtrack releases, outside of pretty much anything from Nintendo, here are some that I have found. Not sure if any of these have been mentioned on here yet.

Medievil 1

[...]
MediEvil got released with a magazine: Joypad CD Vol.4 - Les musiques de MediEvil. Disregard this if you meant a proper soundtrack release. At least they bothered to come up with something for Resurrection

- Kuon (PS2)
- A more complete soundtrack to Rule of Rose, Metal Gear Solid
- Battle Arena Toshinden /3
- Brave Soul
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440

Last edited by ilef; Oct 6, 2011 at 12:14 AM.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 02:05 AM

Gex: Enter The Gecko had some good music. I wish an official OST was made, but all I can find is one guy on Youtube that ripped the songs.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 07:05 AM

Elebits for the Wii had a beautiful soundtrack, very dreamy with a techno/trance like sound. It was composed by Naoyuki Sato, and of Castlevania fame Michiru Yamane which was both nice and surprising to see. I didn't know that she could write music like that, very nice music for sure. They made a smaller sampler called "The Smile of You" featuring some of the games stage music and the ending theme. It was sold through Konami Style, sadly it's out of print now. I believe that there are game rips out there for it, but Konami really should release the full soundtrack on disc(s) for the public. The music is too good to just leave it alone completely. I mean they released the OST for Dewey's Adventure, another game with a similar art style, for the Wii so why not Elebits. I personally enjoyed Elebits and liked it more than the other title, the unique gameplay mechanics reminded me of a Katamari style game. Either way, great game with a great soundtrack.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:38 PM

Agreed on Elebits. That game should have gotten a bit more recognition.

I've been listening to a lot of Kenji Hikita soundtracks, and I'm amazed the guy has so few soundtracks to his name. Formula Nippon '99 is particularly impressive, featuring hard rock music rivaling F-Zero and BlazBlue. He also scored the GBA F-Zero games which, while unpopular, had some killer tunes.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 12:04 PM

I think that it would be great if Sony or someone would release the soundtrack to the sadly forgotten Playstation 3 Eye Toy card game, The Eye of Judgement. I have the game, the cards, and the camera that all came with it. It was a great little game, very unique, had great character designs, and in this case a thrashing soundtrack. The tunes were hard and heavy, really hitting you with strong guitar riffs and drum work. I checked the manual for the game's music composer and it said that it was done by American heavy metal band, Slipknot. I am not surprised as the tunes sound similar to their type of music. Heavy guitars, drums, all with an industrial sound. A shame too because those who like this kind of music would love it, weather you bought the game or not. Although with that said, the release of this is probably out of the question as they wrote the music but it's Sony's title. Oh well at least there's Youtube...
Old Dec 15, 2011, 01:51 PM

The original Doubutsu no Mori soundtrack, as far as I'm aware, has never had any album release, aside from the Totakeke portion of the soundtrack (which, of course, has been released over two albums, counting successive installments in the franchise). I hope that Totaka and his crew can do AC3DS justice in the sound department and, finally, release what is so far the best soundtrack of the series (and a fantastic soundtrack overall). I'll also extend my hopes and dreams to an album compilation of music from all the Mario Artist games, because they would shed some great insight on a shady part of Nintendo's musical history.

I think I could go for a Herzog Zwei album as well. It's the last Technosoft game soundtrack really worth an album that hasn't gotten one yet, and it could also feature the music from the original Herzog and some re-arrangements. Some day...
Old Dec 18, 2011, 03:49 PM

A release of the Warlocked (GBC) soundtrack would be pretty cool, though I can always just check it out on youtube or plug my GBC into my stereo with the line in and listen to the songs through the sound test.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 09:12 PM

although it was mentioned in an early post, 7th saga is definitely one i wish existed.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 11:21 AM

Snowboard Kids 64. The continue music after you race in multi-player is 10/10.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:13 AM

Finny the Fish and the Seven Waters has an ace soundtrack. To my knowledge it's the only soundtrack completely credited to Shingo Okumura. Real Violins, piano bass and percussion on many of the tracks. If it had an actual soundtrack release I would already own it!
Old Jan 10, 2012, 08:39 AM

One soundtrack I often find myself listening to on Youtube is from the game "Battletoads and Double Dragon". I love the music to this game a lot, with my favorite tune being the "Intro Theme", it's so epic! I know that many debate weather the Genesis or SNES versions sounds better, me I grew up playing the Genesis version and thus like that one more. I just like the way that the sound processors made the music for this title. I would love to see this released with both versions included, it would be fun to compare them too. The likely chance of this happening is slim as Battletoads is owned by Rare and I honestly don't know who owns Double Dragon any more. All that exists of this title's music is through the various game rips floating around the internet which is quite sad.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:50 PM
VGMdb Staff

I guess this thread would be the place to post this since it's related to a game with no official soundtrack release. Nicalis might be thinking about doing an official soundtrack release for Cave Story. Not sure if this means the original by Pixel, the 3DS rearrange by Danny Barranowsky, or both.

Original tweet asking about digital or physical: https://twitter.com/#!/nicalis/statu...99073538277376
Followup tweet about how much people would want to pay for a physical release: https://twitter.com/#!/nicalis/statu...18949277646848

Last edited by cal; Jan 26, 2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:28 AM

Another game I find myself listening to is the music from the Sega Genesis/SNES game "Shaq Fu". Now I know some may absolutely hate and laugh at this game, critics often joke about it when making a list of bad or laughable games ever made. Although I actually fondly remember this title and it's tunes. It was also a part of my childhood so good or bad it's memorable to me at least. I had the Genesis version, and the Gamegear one too, but prefer the OST to the Genesis one the most. It had a great sound, sorta like a mix between classic 90's 16-bit games and a little hip-hop thrown in for some style. The composer, Raphael Gesqua, did a great job writing the music for the game. The tracks did an excellent job of matching both the characters and the world/stage each fighter fought in. I will never get an official OST to this, but would love to have one nonetheless. If you never heard it, check it out sometime it's pretty funky!
Old Feb 25, 2012, 05:53 AM

There are so many games that don't have soundtracks that I wish did. They are mainly Nintendo, since they don't release osts anymore. Oh, where do I even start?

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
2. Wii Channels, with all Nintendo 3DS BGM (Wii, obviously!)
3. Wario Land: Shake It! (Wii)
4. Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN)
5. Personal Trainer: Cooking (DS)
6. Motto Eigozuke and Eigoduke (DS, not released in US)
7. DS Bimoji Training (DS, not released in US)
8. Art Style: Pictobits (DSiWare)
9. Wii Fit (Wii)
10. Face Pilot: Fly with your Nintendo DSi Camera (DSiWare)
11. Wii Sports (Wii)
12. Wii Sports Resort (Wii)
13. DDR:Mario Mix (GCN)
14. Game & Watch Gallery 4 (GBA)
15. Mario Party 8 (Wii)
16. Super Mario All-stars (SNES)
17. Tetris & Dr. Mario (SNES)
18. Tetris Attack/ Panel de Pon (SNES)
19. Steel Diver (3DS)
20. PS3 Photo Gallery & PlayMemories (PS3)
21. Trash Panic (PS3)
22. Playstation Home (PS3, who said it has to be all Japanese games?)
23. Playstation Vita BGM (PSV)
24. Mario Kart DS (DS)
25. Bakuganefenders of the Core (PS3, based on the anime series)
26. Yu-gi-oh 5D's Wheelie Breakers (Wii, based on the anime)
27. Adventure Island the Beginning (WiiWare)
28. Wario Land 4 (GBA)
29. Mario vs. Donkey Kong (GBA)
30. dress (PS3, Japan only)
31. NES Open Tournament Golf (NES)
32. Mario Sports Mix (Wii)
33. Mario Paint (SNES)
34. Mario Artist: Talent Studio ( Nintendo 64DD, Japan only)
35. BS-X Bios (Super Famicom, not released in US)
36. Retro Game Challenge (DS)
37. Nintendo Puzzle Collection (GCN, not released in US)
38. Minna no Sukkiri (PSP)
39. Minna de Spelunker (PS3)
40. Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 (N64)
41. Super Mario Land 2 (GB)
42. Pokemon Trading Card Game (GB)
43. Trip World (GB)
44. Batman (NES)
45. Thruspace (WiiWare)
46. Mickey Mania the timeless adventures of mickey mouse (SNES, genesis, sega cd, ps1)
47. Walt Disney World Quest magical racing tour (GBC by the same people who did gex)
48. Gex enter the gecko (N64)
49. Tetrisphere (N64)
That's all I can think of off hand, if there were osts of all the games on here it would be a dream come true!

Last edited by mikurotoro; Aug 30, 2014 at 05:48 PM. Reason: added new games