VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 16, 2009, 02:49 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Default Cataloging concerts/live events

Could be outside the scope of what we're willing to cover, and reliable info would be a lot harder to come by, but would anyone be interested in cataloging concerts/live events to the DB in some form? Not albums, but information on actual performances.

They wouldn't quite fit in events (i.e. cons where music product is released), but perhaps they'd fit in with albums, with the tracklist being the setlist. Not an fleshed out idea at the moment, but it could be interesting.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 07:02 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I had always thought that concerts WERE the ideal thing to list in the "events" section, and that it would be implemented someday later.

Having pics of the event, program booklets, set lists, and links to any published CDs/DVDs of the event would be great, although the majority of the live photos would have to be pilfered from Famitsu or other JP game sites that had press coverage for them.

Oh, and posters / flyers for events would be another good thing to list in such a case.
I've got a flyer for the 1993 Game Music Festival.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 07:28 AM
VGMdb Administrator

The more I think about this, the more it seems like a really cool idea. We could have photos and playlists for all of these concerts. There's so much to do though .... maybe we ought to add a couple more coders.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 01:34 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I would be VERY interested in helping to compile information about shows and concerts. By the way, I'm already helping Chris to do the same thing in the Square Enix Music Online website, despite the impressive delay.

Thanks to seanne, I have scans of the concert programs of the Press Start 2006 and 2007 and I can try to get information from concerts less known as the dutch Games in Concert.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 02:59 PM

Along those same lines, I think it would be neat to list information on past concerts and live events as well. I'm sure this would get pretty HUGE if you added places where local bands play, but it should be doable for concerts and big events. I think there's a lot of this history that simply isn't recorded anywhere.