VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 25, 2011, 04:19 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Default Override default "Available at" link titles

When the store for one of the "available at" links is one that VGMdb recognizes, like CD Japan or Play Asia, a favicon is displayed and a default title is used regardless of what the link's actual title is. This makes a nice display and keeps things consistent, I like it.

It would be nice if a custom title would override the default one, though. The main use I'm thinking of for this would be when retailers like Amazon.com sell physical and digital versions of the same album (Decades, G5 2010). Right now it's confusing because both links will have the exact same title, so there's no way to differentiate between them without clicking through. It would be a lot clearer if we could display them as "Amazon.com (physical)" and "Amazon.com (MP3)," or something like that.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 04:34 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Implemented. I still recommend leaving it blank unless you need to change it as you described (just to keep consistency.)
Old Jan 25, 2011, 04:38 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Well that was lightning fast. Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2011, 03:51 PM

Might it be better to change mp3 to digital?

I know amazon only sells mp3's etc, however it is more universal and would fit for buying music from sumthing else or other non mp3 sales. Be they in whatever digital format. I guess as a drop down next to it you could add the types of digital versions, IE MP3, AAC, FLAC, etc. Multi for a place that sells multiple different types of digital. As well with the physical a small drop down with CD, Cassette, Vinyl, Multi.

Just makes it I assume easier to use and read, while I would guess not much of cluttering.