VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 24, 2021, 07:33 PM

Default Is there a difference between a Drama and a Mini Drama track?

I was curious if there was any sort of specific difference between a Drama (ドラマ) track and a Mini Drama (ミニドラマ) one.
It's not uncommon for anime or game soundtracks to feature them, but often time the mini drama tracks are just as long in length as your average drama track, which would seem to negate the use of "mini" in their title.
Old May 22, 2021, 09:34 AM

From the releases that I've listened to, the mini dramas are inserted as part of the release. This means that the main selling point or feature of the disc is the soundtrack, vocal track (character song). A typical track-list would then look like this:

"01 - Vocal track
02 - Mini Drama
03 - Vocal track (instrumental)"

With the drama tracks, they are the opposite. So, the release would be comprised of a collection of these, with occasional vocal or soundtracks inserted.

Again, this is based on what I've seen only.