VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 11, 2012, 03:09 AM
Trusted Editor

I saw on GDRI that she also went by "Seline". This means she also went by "Seriinu". (According to GameMusicComposerMEMO)

They list:
FC ゴルゴ13 第二章イカロスの謎 (The Mafat Conspiracy)
MD ウィプラッシュ 惑星ボルテガスの謎 (Whip Rush)
MD セイントソード (Saint Sword)
GEN Cadash
SFC アクションパチ夫 (Action Pachio)

She also did the music to Magical Hat no Buttobi Tabo! Daibōken, according to a Vic Tokai programmer (can't remember his name). He said he couldn't remember the real name of the "Anzaki Waraco" credited for Magical Hat, but he was 100% certain that whomever did it was the same person that did Whip Rush and that she was female.

Last edited by dissident93; May 11, 2012 at 04:21 AM.
Old May 11, 2012, 03:34 AM

I think most of us suspect Celine/Seline Tasaki on Persona 2 is the same person as Toshiko Tasaki, so it's amazing if it was derived from her older career before joining Atlus which I didn't really know.
Old May 11, 2012, 03:45 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, I had no idea that Tasaki did stuff for Vic Tokai until now, but she's credited under her full name for sound effects in The Mafat Conspiracy. Cool.

"Seriinu" and Tasaki both appear separately in the credits for The Mafat Conspiracy for different sound roles, so with no context I'd assume they were different people, but as Cedille mentioned, there is a "Seriinu Tasaki" (せりーぬ田崎) credited on P2 Innocent Sin. I guess that alias predated Atlus!
Old May 11, 2012, 04:20 AM
Trusted Editor

Yep! seems like she worked at Taito, Vic Tokai, Aicom, then Atlus. She may also been Warikashi Yokatta, but that name is listed separately in the credits for The Mafat Conspiracy. Is it possible to be the same person with 3 roles and 3 different names for a single game?

And, there is a Sebastian credited for sound in Whip Rush. No clue who this could be.

Last edited by dissident93; May 11, 2012 at 04:42 AM.
Old May 11, 2012, 10:04 AM
VGMdb Advisor

That's a pretty cool find, thanks!
Old May 12, 2012, 01:43 AM

She also worked on Totally Rad (with Kazuo Sawa), Downtown Special: Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki da yo: Zenin Shūgō! (as "T. Tasaki"), and Game Boy Hit the Ice (as "Seriinu").

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissident93 View Post
She also did the music to Magical Hat no Buttobi Tabo! Daibōken, according to a Vic Tokai programmer (can't remember his name). He said he couldn't remember the real name of the "Anzaki Waraco" credited for Magical Hat, but he was 100% certain that whomever did it was the same person that did Whip Rush and that she was female.
Sounds like her other Genesis stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
"Seriinu" and Tasaki both appear separately in the credits for The Mafat Conspiracy for different sound roles, so with no context I'd assume they were different people, but as Cedille mentioned, there is a "Seriinu Tasaki" (せりーぬ田崎) credited on P2 Innocent Sin. I guess that alias predated Atlus!
She's credited as "Seriinu Tasaki" on Super Widget, but that's Atlus.

Quote:
Yep! seems like she worked at Taito, Vic Tokai, Aicom, then Atlus.
She is (was?) a freelancer, as far as I can tell.

Quote:
And, there is a Sebastian credited for sound in Whip Rush. No clue who this could be.
I assume that's Hikoshi Hashimoto, who did the sound effects (credited as "Seba-Hiko" on Pat Riley Basketball).
Old May 12, 2012, 02:18 AM
Trusted Editor

Yea, she was a freelancer but that programmer said she was also the sound engineer of AICOM corp. before they went bankrupt.
Old May 12, 2012, 03:03 AM

Where did you read that? I thought you might have been referring to my interview with Shouichi Yoshikawa. I swear I asked about her, but I don't see that anywhere.
Old May 12, 2012, 03:39 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Hey, Yosuke Okunari called her Seriinu Tasaki last year. Is there anything that guy doesn't know?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Twitters
せりーぬ田崎の新曲!QT@toshiko_tasaki: 【忍道2 開発ブログアップお知らせ】アップしたよぉぉ!!!http://www.shinobido2.com/blog/ 今回は発覚BGM公開しちゃってます!( 」゚Д゚)」<聞いてって!!!聞いてェェ!!!! めったにこんな事言わないからww
Old May 12, 2012, 05:00 PM
Trusted Editor

Oh, one of my friends on Facebook got this info and shared it with me. I think he's posted here as "Doommaster1994"

EDIT: He asked her directly and he said "She told me she is Seriinu/Warikashi Yokatta and Sebastian is Hikoshi Hashimoto."

Last edited by dissident93; May 12, 2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old May 13, 2012, 02:35 AM

Was she paid three times for Mafat Conspiracy? I'd like to know if she worked on NES Astyanax.

I've never heard of Aicom going bankrupt. Maybe that's when Sammy swooped in.

Last edited by VRC-7; May 15, 2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 12:06 PM

you know, ninja cop saizou (and wrath of the black manta) sounds awfully similar to nes astyanax

game is credited to a "YOKI SHINJYUKU", any detectives want to take a shot?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 01:28 PM

I don't know about that, but Black Manta and NES Shinobi share sound effects.