VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:08 PM

Does anyone know where Hiroshi Matsukura is even mentioned or where they are credited? Even though the result will probably be the same and I won't know what they arranged anyway.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 02:32 AM
VGMdb Advisor

It's listed in "programming" in the booklet but we've got the wrong name.
It was 松倉 宏史/Hiroshi Matsukura. But the name is 元倉 宏史.
Though I don't know if 'arranger' is implied or there are other sources.

I'm also interested to know why Frontier Works and Geneon are listed in the scans as publisher/distributor, since they didn't exist when this was released as far as I know.
Stealth reprint?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 02:42 AM

I googled the name and saw some hiragana. We have this artist page.. is it http://vgmdb.net/artist/4438 ? Motokura Hiroshi (it'd make sense, I'd guess, somewhat..).

.. and I realize the name is actually different there (now), though only because 元倉 宏 vs 元倉 宏史

Last edited by mercenary09; Jun 28, 2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 04:54 PM
VGMdb Advisor

It's possible 元倉 宏 and 元倉 宏史 (Hiroshi Motokura) are the same person.

- ToD credits 元倉 宏史 (有限会社フリーウェイ). No leads with this.
- This album credits "Hiroshi Mokokura" from Graphic Beat for some tracks (no kanji given).
- Graphic Beat's director is 元倉 宏史
- JASRAC has several tracks registered to 元倉 宏史/composer and Graphic Beat/publisher, *AND* 元倉 宏/composer and Graphic Beat/publisher.

So probably the same person. Or maybe brothers?
Old May 6, 2017, 08:09 AM

Curious question. This album has "type" listed as "arrangement" but lists the Sony PlayStation as console represented. Is the music arranged and different than what comes out of the console (enhanced?) or is that info an oversight? I can't help be be curious because I just ordered this album.
Old May 6, 2017, 12:51 PM

It's not using the sounds used in the game, just the sequences which are played on a different synthesizer. So you won't hear the same instruments as in the game. All Tales soundtracks before Destiny 2 (PS2) were that way for reasons unknown.
Old May 6, 2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datschge View Post
It's not using the sounds used in the game, just the sequences which are played on a different synthesizer. So you won't hear the same instruments as in the game. All Tales soundtracks before Destiny 2 (PS2) were that way for reasons unknown.
Eh... I wish I had noticed that before as I like the way some tracks sound in-game (I knew I was listening to a psf rip on youtube) but at the same time that may also be a good thing for a variety of reasons. This OST isn't expensive so I hardly broke the bank on it. I guess I'll find out if I like the changes when it arrives.

Also, thanks for pointing out that the earlier Tales discs have different synth; that's helpful info. Again, I probably should have been paying more attention.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 05:18 AM

EDIT: Oops, posted to wrong thread. Ignore.

Last edited by student41269; Apr 6, 2021 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Wrong thread