VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 30, 2018, 03:07 AM

Wow! This is just awesome! I'm so happy about the series' revival, at least in terms of music.

Then, we also have the recently crowd-founded Suikoden II Orchestral Album. I'm sooo glad the fans still love it!

And this one's even published by Konami itself! Does that mean we can expect some future Suikoden titles? Who knows...
Old Sep 30, 2018, 04:14 AM

5CDs for a concert? That has to be a mistake right?
Old Sep 30, 2018, 04:48 AM

No. 5 CDs from two concerts to be exact.
(It could be 4CDs with 1 DVD/BluRay... Who knows!)
Old Sep 30, 2018, 05:06 AM

getchu has (sorta?) tracklist and it's 5 cds
Old Sep 30, 2018, 08:36 AM
VGMdb Staff

The day and night performances had different programs. The day concert covered I, III, and IV. The night concert covered II and V.

Each concert was apparently 2 and half hours long (including intermissions and such). I bet they could fit everything on 4 CD if they wanted, but it's neater for each game to have it's own disc.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 04:14 AM

More like they can charge more for the same amount of content...
Old Oct 1, 2018, 11:15 AM

http://jagmo.jp/lp/gensosuikoden/

Full tracklist for the movements.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 05:01 PM
VGMdb Staff

Sample: https://picosong.com/wVL9g/
Old Dec 2, 2018, 06:14 PM
VGMdb Staff

Crossfade video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6FlwxkdN4E

Edit: found musician credits too if anyone wants to add them
Spoiler:

◆ = Principal
◇ = Assistant Principal

Last edited by cal; Dec 2, 2018 at 06:52 PM.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 02:28 PM

Can't wait to hear the full album. Samples sound awesome!
Old Dec 5, 2018, 01:33 PM
VGMdb Advisor

That's a lot of material
Old Dec 26, 2018, 08:52 AM

Has the tracklist been translated to English yet? I've tried searching the web for one but it doesn't seem so.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:40 AM
Trusted Editor

Just wondering where the individual composition and arrangement credits came from -- they aren't listed like that in the booklet. Individual arranger credits aren't listed at all, and some composition credits are credited to Konami Kukeiha Club.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:57 PM
Trusted Editor

- Removed all the subtitles from the Japanese tracklist. Subtitles are descriptors for tracks, not part of the track title (usually). Here they are for reference:
Quote:
01 序曲『幻想の世界へ』 6:00
02 交響組曲『幻想水滸伝』第一楽章 予感 / メインテーマ アレンジ / 美しき黄金の都 / 大草原の小さなキャラ / 魔物たちとの対決 / 悠久の流れ / 激突! 12:52
03 交響組曲『幻想水滸伝』第二楽章 集いし戦士たち / 失われた日々 / パッサカリア / 月夜のテーマ / 出陣のテーマ / 最強の敵 / Avertuneiro Antes Lance Mao ~戦いは終わった~ 17:33

01 交響組曲『幻想水滸伝II』第一楽章 オープニングBGM / 敵襲 / 勝利への意欲 / 回想 / 働かざる者食うべからず / 冒険の旅 / 強敵出現 / 郷愁 / 救出 13:24
02 交響組曲『幻想水滸伝II』第二楽章 彼方の星 / 過ぎた日々 / あの丘に登ろう / 月夜のテーマ / フーガ「我があるじを讃えよ」 / 彼女のため息 / 作戦 / 戦争 15:40
03 交響組曲『幻想水滸伝II』第三楽章 なごみの時間 / さざ波に運ばれて / 毎日がカーニバル / ウィ・アー・ザ・ナンバー・ワン! / 賑わいの街 / 囚われた街 / 母への祈り / 自由ふたたび 11:31
04 交響組曲『幻想水滸伝II』第四楽章 もっと遠くへ / さらに栄えし美しき黄金の都 / 魔物たちとの対決ふたたび / 追いつめる / Mad Luka / 邪悪なる者 / 枯れた大地 / Gothic Neclord / 怒りの鉄拳 / 悲しみのレクイエム / 対決の時 / 銀狼 / La passione commuove la storia ~情熱は歴史を動かす~ 27:05

01 交響組曲『幻想水滸伝III』第一楽章~ヒューゴ編~ 愛を超えて / 丘から吹く風 / 風と大地 / 輝く草原 / 旅立ち / 荒ぶる魂 / 突然の戦い / 凱旋 11:45
02 交響組曲『幻想水滸伝III』第二楽章~クリス編~ 騎士の誇り / 評議会 / 木漏れ日の中で / 馬蹄のどよめき / カラヤ炎上 / 行く手を阻む者 10:46
03 交響組曲『幻想水滸伝III』第三楽章~ゲド編~ ビネ・デル・ゼクセ / 風のざわめき / 大空洞 / 火花を散らして / 煌めく刃 9:10
04 交響組曲『幻想水滸伝III』第四楽章 湖畔の古城 / 明るい農村 / かつての英雄を求めて / 一進一退 / 極寒の地 / 交錯した思い / 最後の勝負 / おだやかな日々へ 19:40

01 交響組曲『幻想水滸伝IV』第一楽章 La Mer / 出航 / 上陸 / 戦闘 / 波頭をかき分けて / 大海原の戦1 / 静かな島で / 潮騒の残響 / 強敵出現 11:29
02 交響組曲『幻想水滸伝IV』第二楽章 南風 / 大海原の戦2 / 丘をのぼって / 華麗なる大剣使い / シーサイド・スプリング / 作戦会議 11:20
03 交響組曲『幻想水滸伝IV』第三楽章 輝ける海よ!空よ! / 邪悪なる者との決戦 [最終戦闘BGM] / 宿命の対決 / エピローグ~108星のために~ / 深蒼の回想終曲 / 罰の紋章 16:44

01 交響組曲『幻想水滸伝V』第一楽章 Wind of Phantom / ファレナの女王 / 回顧 / 太陽の如き威光 / 戦闘開始 / 王都 / 遥かなる旅路 / 宣戦 / 聖なる地 / 深き森、迷い森 15:19
02 交響組曲『幻想水滸伝V』第二楽章 河に浮かぶ街 / 強大な敵 / 襲撃 / 水の都 / 出陣! / 激突! / 大河を駆ける / 交響詩「死の狂宴」 10:10
03 交響組曲『幻想水滸伝V』第三楽章 大河と太陽 / 砦の街 / 耀ける海よ! 空よ! 再び! / 灯台のある港街 / 海賊退治 / 決意~悲壮な戦い~ / 堅牢なる城 / 戦地に響く笛の音 / 黎明の城 / 生か死か 10:36
04 交響組曲『幻想水滸伝V』第四楽章 闇に哭する光 / 舞踏狂詩曲 / 最終防衛戦 / 決戦前夜~月夜のテーマ~ / ソルファレナ奪還戦 / 宿命の対決 / 始祖の大地 / 雪と氷に閉ざされた遺跡 / 最終決着 / この道をゆく / 大団円 / 108の星々がつむぐ物語の果てに 18:19
05 アンコール『幻想の世界へ~歴戦の記憶~』 5:10
- Changed the ASCII '~' back to Unicode '~', no idea why that was changed from Unicode to ASCII in the Japanese tracklist
- Changed the English tracklist from ~ ... Chapter to ~... Chapter~ to match the JP formatting.
- Adding/updating Album Info shortly.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 03:02 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
Just wondering where the individual composition and arrangement credits came from -- they aren't listed like that in the booklet. Individual arranger credits aren't listed at all, and some composition credits are credited to Konami Kukeiha Club.
Arrangers claimed credit on Twitter. As for composers... around the time the concert premiered, the arrangers posted pictures of the score on their Twitter. Like such:

The other arrangers deleted their pictures, so only this one is left.

Also, we can fill in some of the blanks because we know the composers for a lot of the tracks (aside from V).

The original scores were printed as such (I wrote them down at the time):
Quote:
Opening - Genso Suikoden I~V
Composed by Miki Higashino
Arranged by Ryotaro Yagi
Note: was a blurry pic - there were other names that I couldn't make out

Genso Suikoden I
Arranged by Kunio Matsuzaki
Transcribed by Shohei Wani

Genso Suikoden II
Arranged by Kunio Matsuzaki
Transcribed by Shohei Wani

Genso Suikoden III
Composed by Masahiko Kimura, Keiko Fukami, Michiru Yamane, Takashi Yoshida
Arranged by Ryotaro Yagi

Genso Suikoden IV
Composed by Miki Higashino, Michiru Yamane
Arranged by Ryunosuke Kasai

Genso Suikoden V
Composed by Norikazu Miura
Arranged by Syuwa Nagai

Encore - 幻想の世界へ〜歴戦の記憶
Arranged by Ryunosuke Kasai

Last edited by cal; Dec 27, 2018 at 03:06 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
- Removed all the subtitles from the Japanese tracklist. Subtitles are descriptors for tracks, not part of the track title (usually)
Then at least these subtitles (or the English translation of that) should be in the notes as nobody will be able to make use of something like Disc 1, 2, 6-8 when you only refer to the specific segments.
It would be much easier to see what exact track title is behind that number. You understand what I try to say?

Last edited by Mac_Tear; Dec 29, 2018 at 01:36 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 09:08 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Tear View Post
Then at least these subtitles (or the English translation of that) should be in the notes as nobody will be able to make use of something like Disc 1, 2, 6-8 when you only refer to the specific segments.
It would be much easier to see what exact track title is behind that number. You understand what I try to say?
Yes but I don't have a familiarity with the Suikoden series enough to want to do it, or to check existing translations. Someone else can do it if they want, it's just ancillary information imo (hence why i threw it in the discussion)
Old Dec 29, 2018, 09:20 PM

I'm pretty darn familiar withe series and their inconsistencies with all the various suikoden albums and arrangements, if you post even a rough English outline, I can (and others I'm should would too) help fill in the blanks.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:33 PM

Individual track breakdown:

Disc1

Track1 Overture "Into a World of Illusions"
1. Into a World of Illusions (I) 2. Reminiscence (II) 3. Transcending Love (III) 4. La Mer (IV) 5. Wind of Phantom (V) 6. Into a World of Illusions (I)

Track2 Symphonic Suite "Suikoden" Mov.1
1. Premonition 2. Main Theme Arrange 3. Beautiful Golden Capital 4. Tiny Characters on the Great Plains 5. Confrontation with Monsters 6. Eternal Flow 7. Clash!

Track3 Symphonic Suite "Suikoden" Mov.2
1. Gathered Warriors 2. Forgotten Days 3. Passacaglia 4. Theme of a Moonlit Night 5. Theme of the Advancing Army 6. The Strongest Enemy 7. Avertuneiro Antes Lance Mao

Disc2

Track1 Symphonic Suite "Suikoden II" Mov.1
1. Opening BGM 2. Enemy Attack 3. The Desire to Triumph 4. Reminiscence 5. Those Who Don't Work Don't Eat 6. Adventurous Journey 7. A Powerful Enemy Appears 8. Nostalgia 9. Rescue

Track2 Symphonic Suite "Suikoden II" Mov.2
1. Distant Star 2. Bygone Days 3. Let's Climb That Hill 4. Theme of a Moonlit Night 5. Fugue "Praise to My Master" 6. Her Sigh 7. Tactics 8. War

Track3 Symphonic Suite "Suikoden II" Mov.3
1. Relaxation Time 2. Carried on Rippling Waves 3. Every Day Is a Carnival 4. We Are the Number One! 5. A Bustling Town 6. Captured Town 7. A Prayer to My Mother 8. Freedom Again

Track4 Symphonic Suite "Suikoden II" Mov.4
1. Even Farther 2. The Even More Glorious, Beautiful Golden Capital 3. Confrontation with Monsters Again 4. Drive into a Corner 5. Mad Luca 6. The Evil One 7. Withered Earth 8. Gothic Neclord 9. Fist of Anger 10. Requiem of Sadness
11. Time of Confrontation 12. Silver Wolf 13. La passione commuove la storia ~Passion Sets History in Motion~

Disc3

Track1 Symphonic Suite "Suikoden III" Mov.1 ~Hugo Chapter~
1. Transcending Love 2. Wind Blowing from the Hills 3. The Wind and the Earth 4. Shining Grassland 5. Journey 6. Wild Soul 7. Sudden Fight 8. Triumphant Return

Track2 Symphonic Suite "Suikoden III" Mov.2 ~Chris Chapter~
1. A Knight's Pride 2. The Council 3. Amidst the Sunlit Trees 4. Pounding Hooves 5. Karaya Ablaze 6. Those Obstructing the Path

Track3 Symphonic Suite "Suikoden III" Mov.3 ~Geddoe Chapter~
1. Vinay Del Zexay 2. Rustling of the Wind 3. The Great Hollow 4. Scattering Sparks 5. The Glittering Edge

Track4 Symphonic Suite "Suikoden III" Mov.4
1. Old Castle by the Lake 2. Cheerful Farm Village 3. Searching for a Hero of Long Ago 4. One Step Forward, One Step Back 5. Midwinter Land 6. Convoluted Feelings 7. The Last Match 8. To Peaceful Days

Disc4

Track1 Symphonic Suite "Suikoden IV" Mov.1
1. La Mer 2. Departure 3. Landing 4. Battle 5. Crossing the Waves 6. Warfare on the Great Ocean 1 7. On a Quiet Island 8. Echoes of the Sea's Roar 9. A Powerful Enemy Appears

Track2 Symphonic Suite "Suikoden IV" Mov.2
1. Southern Wind 2. Warfare on the Great Ocean 2 3. Climb the Hill 4. Magnificient Handling of a Broadsword 5. Seaside Spring 6. Strategy Conference

Track3 Symphonic Suite "Suikoden IV" Mov.3
1. Oh, Sparkling Sea! Oh, Sky! 2. Decisive Battle Against the Evil One 3. Fated Confrontation 4. Epilogue ~For the 108 Stars~ 5. Remembering the Blue of the Sea 6. Rune of Punishment

Disc5

Track1 Symphonic Suite "Suikoden V" Mov.1
1. Wind of Phantom 2. The Queen of Falena 3. Recollection 4. A Power Like the Sun 5. Battle Start 6. Royal Capital 7. Distant Journey 8. Declaration of War 9. Holy Land 10. The Deep Forest, The Lost Forest

Track2 Symphonic Suite "Suikoden V" Mov.2
1. Town on a River 2. A Mighty Enemy 3. Attack 4. The Water Capital 5. Move Out! 6. Clash! 7. Running to the River 8. Symphonic Poem "Performance of Death"

Track3 Symphonic Suite "Suikoden V" Mov.3
1. The River and the Sun 2. Fort Town 3. Oh, Sparkling Sea! Oh, Sky! Once Again! 4. Harbor Town by the Lighthouse 5. Pirate Extermination 6. Determination ~Tragic Fight~ 7. Fortified Castle 8. The Sound of a Flute Echoing on the Battlefield
9. Castle of Dawn 10. Life or Death

Track4 Symphonic Suite "Suikoden V" Mov.4
1. The Light Moaning in the Darkness 2. Dancing Rhapsody 3. Final Defense Battle 4. The Night Before the Decisive Battle ~Theme of a Moonlit Night~ 5. Battle to Recapture Sol-Falena 6. Fated Confrontation 7. Land of the Founder
8. Ruins Locked in Snow and Ice 9. The Final Conclusion 10. To Walk This Path 11. Finale 12. To the End of the Woven Tale of the 108 Stars

Track5 Encore "Into a World of Illusions ~Veteran Memories~"
1. Into a World of Illusions (I) 2. Symphonic Poem "Performance of Death" (V) 3. The Glittering Edge (III) 4. Gothic Neclord (II) 5. Fated Confrontation (IV) 6. Into a World of Illusions (I)

* track titles according to the English tracklist from the respective soundtracks (a good chance to check things over for better translations maybe)
** this is the official Japanese tracklist for the individual movements, like it's listed on various sites like CDJapan, Amazon, etc.
*** there are snippets of music, which aren't listed in the tracklist above, but are included in the medleys. I didn't include them in the tracklist as most of them only serve as transitions to the following piece. They are:

Miscellaneous Themes

"A World of Illusions" ("Suikoden" Mov.1 after "Premonition"); literally it is the "Main Theme", however the version in the tracklist is based on the "Main Theme Arrange ~Guitar Version~", while this is the original opening theme
"Presentiment of Victory" ("Suikoden" Mov.1 after "Clash!"); the second phase of the war theme and another variation of the "Main Theme"
"Inside the Silence" ("Suikoden" Mov.2 after ""Gathered Warriors"); a flute solo, which takes some notes from that ambient theme and finally leads into the flute-based "Forgotten Days"

"Labyrinth ~ PENPE2" ("Suikoden II" Mov.1 after "Adventurous Journey"); the string performance based on the intro of that song and serves a lead into the boss theme "A Powerful Enemy Appears"
"Relaxation BGM 3" ("Suikoden II" Mov.3 after "A Prayer to My Mother"); the string ensemble performance concludes the the tragic events and serves as bridge into the peaceful "Freedom Again"
"War" ("Suikoden II" Mov.4 after "Confrontation with Monsters Again"); although already featured in Mov.1, here's a short brass motif, which leads into the famous "Drive into a Corner"
"Reminiscence ~Strings Version~" ("Suikoden II" Mov.4 after "Silver Wolf"); the string ensemble version concludes the final battle and leads in
"Chant ~In Knowing You, I Embraced Life; In Losing You, I Discovered Death~ ("Suikoden II" Mov.4 after "Silver Wolf"); a trumpet solo is used for the original choir piece
"Distant Star" ("Suikoden II" Mov.4 after "Silver Wolf"); although already featured in Mov.2, this little snippet finally leads into the ending theme "La passione commuove la storia"

"Abandoned Mine" ("Suikoden III" Mov.1 after "Wild Soul"); a short interlude between the two battle themes, leading into "Sudden Fight"
"Hurry to Karaya!" ("Suikoden III" Mov.2 after "Amidst the Sunlit Trees"); the melancholy string motif is taken from that piece, which leads into "Pounding Hooves"
"Green Tombstone" ("Suikoden III" Mov.2 after "Those Obstructing the Path"); a melancholy flute-based rendition of the Karaya theme, concluding the dramatic events
"Pinch 2" ("Suikoden III" Mov.3 after "Scattering Sparks"); a short interlude, which leads into "The Glittering Edge"
"Grief" ("Suikoden III" Mov.3/4 after "The Glittering Edge", beginning of Mov.4); builds up in Mov.4 into a short rendition of the Karaya theme, followed by "Transcending Love", and finally "Old Castle by the Lake"
"Everyone's Smile ~Epilogue for the 108~" ("Suikoden III" Mov.4 after "The Last Match"); two minutes of that theme are featured before leading into the staff roll theme "To Peaceful Days" around 13:24

"A New Journey ~Beginning Theme~" ("Suikoden IV" Mov.1 after "La Mer"); first mention of the classic name entry motif, which serves as small interlude between the opening and "Departure"
"Victory Theme ("Suikoden IV" Mov.1 after "Battle"); another classic from the series, similar to "Beginning Theme", which serves as small interlude towards the world map theme "Crossing the Waves"
"Time Stands Still" ("Suikoden IV" Mov.2 after "Southern Wind"); a dungeon theme, which serves as bridge between "Southern Wind" and "Warfare on the Great Ocean 2"
"Headquarters 2" ("Suikoden IV" Mov.2 after "Warfare on the Great Ocean 2"); the main melody is featured prominently here and the xylophones fittingly lead into "Climb the Hill"
"Hideout Theme" ("Suikoden IV" Mov.3 after "Oh, Sparkling Sea! Oh, Sky!"); the famous Pirate Island theme, also known as "Ajito's Theme" also featured prominently here and is followed by a reprise of "Departure" before leading into the final boss theme

"Journey ~ Beginning Theme" ("Suikoden V" Mov.1 after "Wind of Phantom"); like in Suikoden IV, it's shortly used after the opening theme and lead into "The Queen of Falena"
"The Sacred Games Begin" ("Suikoden V" Mov.1 after "Distant Journey"); this brass theme starts a series of short interludes and serves as lead into the next piece
"The Godwin Family Castle" ("Suikoden V" Mov.1 after "The Sacred Games Begin"); the Stormfist theme used briefly and leads into
"Nap" ("Suikoden V" Mov.1 after "The Godwin Family Castle"); a peaceful rendition of the game's main theme, which finally leads into the next official track "Declaration of War"
"The Two Guardian Runes" ("Suikoden V" Mov.1 after "Declaration of War"); a harp solo, serving as short interlude to the Lunas theme "Holy Land"
"Despair and Hope" ("Suikoden V" Mov.2 after "Attack"); a short, sorrowful interlude after the climatic events, leading into "The Water Capital"
"Overcoming the Grief" ("Suikoden V" Mov.2 after "The Water Capital"); a very sad piece, which leads into the heroic march "Move Out!"
"Bitterness" ("Suikoden V" Mov.3 after "Pirate Extermination"); an event theme, which accompanies the following "Determination ~Tragic Fight~"
"Surrender" ("Suikoden V" Mov.4 after "Dancing Rhapsody"); a softer rendition of "The Godwin Family Castle", leading into one of the war themes, "Final Defensive Battle"
"Angry Waves" ("Suikoden V" Mov.4 after "Battle to Recapture Sol-Falena"); a dramatic interlude, serving as build up towards "Fated Confrontation"
"Purification Spring" ("Suikoden V" Mov.4 after "Fated Confrontation"); the aquatic motif serves as lead into "Land of the Founder"

Happy New Year everyone!

Last edited by Mac_Tear; Jan 7, 2019 at 12:18 PM.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 04:12 PM

Looks great and checks out on my end as well, thanks a ton!

One thing I noticed, and according to this site, Disc 1, Track 2, Premonition = Presentiment of Victory.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special View Post
Looks great and checks out on my end as well, thanks a ton!

One thing I noticed, and according to this site, Disc 1, Track 2, Premonition = Presentiment of Victory.
The suite starts with "Premonition", the image / CM song for Suikoden back on its release in 1995. It was composed by Masahiro Yamauchi and performed by Bosnian-born Yugoslav singer Jadranka Stojaković.

Here's the Suikoden CM ''30 featuring snippets of the song. It's a beautiful song btw. I really love Jadranka's passionate vocals.

04/01/2019
I edited my tracklist breakdown post above and added the "Miscellaneous Themes", which aren't listed in the official tracklist. Just for those the sake of completeness

Last edited by Mac_Tear; Jan 4, 2019 at 03:45 AM.