VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:59 PM

Default KABA-9206CD: DEADMAN WONDERLAND SOUND TRACK 6

Is there any particular reason why the Catalog # is being reduced to only KABA-9206-CD ?

Each soundtrack CD for this series has two Catalog numbers as clearly shown here: http://i.minus.com/iDzAHni4jqXql.jpg

So KAXA-3306CD/KABA-9206CD is technically correct.

This goes to all other DMW soundtracks, please allow correct edits unless there is good reason to?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 01:17 PM

Well, my experience with new-generation stuff isn't too much high, especially these enclosures. (Yea, nowadays the animes are having a lot of enclosure releases for albums. In the past, it have not been frequently as it is nowadays.)

btw, as much i have searching around, KAXA-3306 and KABA-9206 are the catalogue for DVD and Blu-Ray releases for the anime. They added a word "CD" just to use as reference meaning such soundtrack came for both.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KABA-9206
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KAXA-3306

I have seen that VGMdb is cataloging these kind of albums with their respective DVD/Blu-ray releases, and i have been wondering if it's a correct thing to do or not.

Personally, i vote for not.

Last edited by Maze; Mar 23, 2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 01:58 PM

@xgraphy: the thing you must understand is publishers won't print a CD with a catalog number for each release they make
one CD for DVD release and one CD for BD release

they use only one CD they add to each release, DVD and BD (edit: not all publishers do, but a great majority does)

Last edited by Phonograph; Mar 23, 2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:07 PM

But still, I've been googling and searching for it using the Blu-ray catalog number and the reason why it hasn't been turning up is because only the DVD one is listed instead.
I didn't even know the DVDs had limited editions at that point.

Surely for search purposes there is reason enough to include both.

I'm not misunderstanding anything, I just want it indexed correctly.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:09 PM

Made corrections to the release date. The CD have been released on Nov 25, 2011 not 2012.