VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 19, 2016, 05:01 AM

Smile New J-RPG inspired music. Orchestral and Electronic

Hi everyone!

My name is Richard Hunter and I am composer who specializes in orchestral work for video games and other forms of media. I have recently released a showreel demonstrating original music inspired by composers such as Motoi Sakuraba and Nobuo Uematsu. I have started my own composition business and this is one of many showreels/demonstrations due to be released later in the next few months. The community here is strong with feedback and sharing ideas so hopefully you guys like it.

A little information about the inspiration behind the music is below.

"I am big fan of orchestrated soundtrack work typically found in Japanese role-playing games, particularly from certain composers such as Nobuo Uematsu and Motoi Sakuraba. I use influences of their work to inspire certain ideas, however all of my music uses influences from different genres typically found in western music. I have intended for all pieces to have a strong theme and apparent melody to accompany the interactive movements of a particular setting or character. I use the orchestra for all work, however I have included some electronic elements to apply tension or for layering purposes. All music has been composed and produced using my own studio." (www.richardhuntermusic.com)

I have attached the showreel link below and my Soundcloud with the individual tracks below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keFki3nLRCU

https://soundcloud.com/user-509115314

Just released a week ago and still building things up but any support would be hugely appreciated as I am trying to get things moving the best way possible.

If you like the material and want to show support, feel free to give my facebook page a like, drop me a message or leave feedback. https://www.facebook.com/richardhuntermusic

Many thanks and hope you like what you hear!

Richard

(:

Tags
jrpg, music, orchestral, sakuraba, uematsu