VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:20 AM

I don't know if there is any source (online, scans) that provides the reading of this artist as たつみ ひろしげ (Hiroshige Tatsumi) but I haven't found anything.

What I have found, and in several sources such as this, this other or this last (the song キ・セ・キ is registered JASRAC under his romanized name) is his name read as Hiroshi Tatsumi

So, I think the correct romanization of this artist given name is Hironari and not Hiroshige, which I don't know why it was established in the first place.

Any thoughts on this?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 03:28 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I was going to say that, based on this guy's album list, I wondered if the reading of Hiroshige came from Nirareba's list of composers, which had some errors in it.

But they had the name as Hironari over there too, so I dunno. ¯\(º_o)/¯

Revoc hasn't really been active recently, so maybe shoot him a PM to see if he remembers where that reading came from?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 07:02 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Hmmm, I really don't remember where I found this reading, since I've created this page 5 years ago and forgot to put a link for future reference. However, I remember that I used Nirareba's list for several Konami artists and I wasn't aware that the list had some errors on it.

Since Nirareba says "Hironari" I really don't have idea what I did back then. It's safe to change for "Hiroshi" (or kanji name if you think it’s better). Sorry for the trouble.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:52 AM

Okay, I will change 辰巳 博成 romanized form to Hironari Tatsumi (not Hiroshi as I miswrote before).