VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:11 AM

Default How do I get my name(an artist) on an album to link to my VGMdb profile?

Hey doods, BONKERS here. I was just curious about this.

Now that I have my own artist profile (thanks to larry "Liontamer" from OCR)
http://vgmdb.net/artist/12350

I was wondering if you guys could help me add this
http://vgmdb.net/album/29154
so my name in the Arrangers section links to my profile.

Thanks for any help!

~BONK
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:56 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Hey Bonkers

The links are done manually. Someone on staff will need to link the artists on the album page to their respective artist pages. When I approved the album, I didn't link the names because the credits seem to need more verification. I could probably fix the arrangers line and just link those. I'm not familiar enough with the works to link the composers though. Perhaps you could help though:

In the credit "Bonkers ft. VikingGuitar", what does VikingGuitar to? If a name is featured, does that mean they performed (maybe in this case, on guitar), and that they did not help arrange?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
Hey Bonkers

The links are done manually. Someone on staff will need to link the artists on the album page to their respective artist pages. When I approved the album, I didn't link the names because the credits seem to need more verification. I could probably fix the arrangers line and just link those. I'm not familiar enough with the works to link the composers though. Perhaps you could help though:

In the credit "Bonkers ft. VikingGuitar", what does VikingGuitar to? If a name is featured, does that mean they performed (maybe in this case, on guitar), and that they did not help arrange?
Oh ok. Viking Guitar, he did the guitar solo during the Chorus of "Vampire Killer" in the middle of the song that links "Vampire Killer" to "Name Entry 2k2"

And that's it. A small part, but the two of us planned for it a whole year before he even got to record it haha.

Everything else is me.

If you need to know about any of the other tracks, I will either already know or can find out.

Cheers.

Last edited by BONKERS; Mar 16, 2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:07 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Ok, I've made some changes and linked up the arrangers that I could. I also removed most of the performers since it's not clear whether every arranger is also a performer.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:54 AM

Alrighty, thanks a ton!

Just to be clear on my own end. I performed guitars/bass/some piano/Choral vocals in "The Gate of Nightmares", the solo is by VG and everything else is sequenced.

And on "Children of The Wicked" I performed guitars/bass/ and everything else is sequenced.