VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Dec 7, 2009, 06:57 AM
Trusted Editor

Default PCCB-00126: Neo Geo Collector's Box

Does anyone know, if all VHS/LD Collector's Boxes came with the Neo Geo hat, or was this limited to let's say the first 1,000 pressings or something like that?

PS: The picture on this release is wrong. The LD version came with the blue obi, the VHS came with a red obi.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 03:00 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Thanks for the info. I slid the scan with the Blue obi over to the LD version.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:59 PM
Trusted Editor

The tracklist of Disc 1 is wrong. The first two songs are arranged versions, look at the CD scan.
I'm not very good in reading Japanese, looks much like track 2 and track 7 from this one: Garou Densetsu Image Album.
Maybe someone can edit the tracklist, I'm not that much experienced with it
Thanks

PS: I'll check back the other discs too on my copy when I'm back home.

Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:46 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Got the jp tracklist from here: http://diskunion.net/movie/ct/detail/XAT-1245231272
The link suggests the first and second discs are actually the vhs/laserdisc, unlike what we have here.

Any chance you could upload scans or maybe pics of the tracklists, if you have this album? The JP tracklist I posted isn't entirely accurate. I'll revise it and the translation after some more research.

Indeed the first two tracks look like those from the image album. So unlike the notes say the first disc doesn't seem to be a reprint.

Btw - when I added the JP tracklists it forced me to put a tracklist for disc 4 and 5 (the vhs/laserdisc), any way to fix that or it's normal?
Old Feb 12, 2010, 03:02 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
Btw - when I added the JP tracklists it forced me to put a tracklist for disc 4 and 5 (the vhs/laserdisc), any way to fix that or it's normal?
When you choose to add a new tracklist the system calculates the number of discs based on the number of media. But you can leave it like it is now - perhaps suicider will be able to provide the tracklists (or maybe there aren't any if it's just game footage).
Old Feb 13, 2010, 09:55 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanne View Post
When you choose to add a new tracklist the system calculates the number of discs based on the number of media. But you can leave it like it is now - perhaps suicider will be able to provide the tracklists (or maybe there aren't any if it's just game footage).
Yup, I'll post scans of all available tracklists in the next couple of days. But I'm pretty sure the VHS/LDs contain game footage and no music. Like Dag said, looks like (at least) the first disc (respective disc 3) is not a repress of Garou Densetsu ~ Last Resort. This is probably because of the split with Last Resort.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:41 AM
Trusted Editor

Well, here ya go. The first two pictures are the "tracklists" for the VHS cassettes (called "visual index" in the booklet). It doesn't look like those are music related. I also added the booklet scans for all three CDs which have the right tracklists. They are just one double-leaflet, makes two pictures each. Just the first CD (Garou Densetsu) contains the additional arranged tracks, the other two CDs are a repress each of their respective OST album.
After inspecting my copy of this wonderful box again, I came across an interesting text box on the obi (picture 3). It looks like it says "First 50 copies come with G-SHOCK watch" and "500 copies come with XXX". Maybe someone can translate the whole box for me, that would be super sweet. By the way: it looks like each box is numbered and obviously limited (my copy is number 3.316, so maybe 5.000 copies all in all)

Last edited by suicider; Feb 15, 2010 at 09:53 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 06:13 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Well... I didn't expect the system would need mandatory tracklists for non cd media, since they usually don't have music. There are other entries with mixed media but tracklists for the CDs only so it seems strange.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 06:36 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, it's an issue with the current system. Users should be allowed to add or remove individual tracks for each media.

The entries with mixed media had the tracklist added first, then the additional non-cd media added later.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 02:28 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Ok I tweaked the jp tracklist and the translation, thanks a lot for the scans. Some notes:
- 2-08 Kurikinton: literally it means some dish of mashed chestnuts and potatoes, but I believe this is a dumb pun in that America = (Bill) Clinton -> Kurinton -> Kurikinton. I'm not sure if keep it as Kurikinton or translate it, doesn't mean much anyway.
- 2-15 Pangyago Houho: apparently the death cry of Cheng, doesn't mean anything.
- 3-09 Mamemamemaame: this being Jack Turner's theme, seems the name is comes from an old TV commercial for a product called "Snack Jack", they'd sing "mamemamemaame". Weird!

As for your scan below seems it was a special contest for the buyers. You were to send your info and part of the obi to the direction shown, for a chance to win one of these:
- 50 deluxe G-SHOCK Watch
- 500 official bootleg of GM Live Casette Tape (no idea what is this)
The result were to be announced in the 10-8 issue of "Monthly My Computer Basic Magazine".
Old Feb 16, 2010, 10:44 PM
Trusted Editor

Thanks a lot for your help and translation
Old Feb 17, 2010, 05:37 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
As for your scan below seems it was a special contest for the buyers. You were to send your info and part of the obi to the direction shown, for a chance to win one of these:
- 50 deluxe G-SHOCK Watch
- 500 official bootleg of GM Live Casette Tape (no idea what is this)
The result were to be announced in the 10-8 issue of "Monthly My Computer Basic Magazine".
That contest prize tape is probably THIS cassette as it's also by Scitron in 1993. (I consider it a highly valuable item myself)
Now we know there were a total of 500 of those given out.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 02:06 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Good catch, I was thinking about combo videos or something. 10% of chance to win it if there were 5000 of this one, not bad.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:13 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
if there were 5000 of this one
This was just a guess, it also could have been 10k or 20k, who knows.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 01:06 AM

Added family scans just in case; feel free to remove if unnecessary.

Edit: where is the numbering by the way, on the obi?
Old Apr 7, 2010, 03:51 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Since the soundtracks seems to be discs 3, 4, 5, should we change the tracklist to reflect that ?
Old Apr 7, 2010, 04:43 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
Edit: where is the numbering by the way, on the obi?
Yup, the copy number is on the obi.
Does your copy come with the basecap?
Old Apr 7, 2010, 04:00 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, we could add the two video discs as 1 & 2.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:13 AM

I found the three discs "loose" for a ridiculous price last year so I grabbed them - no box no videos no cap unfortunately.