VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Feb 18, 2020, 05:36 PM
Trusted Editor

The title is different between the Ship to Shore page and the Bandcamp page. I went with the one on the back of the boxart in this tweet: https://twitter.com/STSPhonoCo/statu...43704929771521
Old Feb 18, 2020, 06:19 PM
VGMdb Staff

Finally a CD release. No B-Sides is kind of disappointing though.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 06:25 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Lena Raine informed me that a Japanese release of this is planned, so for those of you in Japan who don't want to pay the $23 in shipping for this (like me), you can wait a bit and get it without having to import.

Source: https://twitter.com/kuraine/status/1229936401291960320
Old Apr 22, 2020, 05:27 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Here's the Fangamer Japan page for the Japanese print of this album. The track list is the same, but it will have a translated booklet. How should we go about adding it?

https://www.fangamer.jp/products/cel...ZUJJ85Ej6Yfzsk
Old Apr 22, 2020, 05:49 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Porter View Post
Here's the Fangamer Japan page for the Japanese print of this album. The track list is the same, but it will have a translated booklet. How should we go about adding it?

https://www.fangamer.jp/products/cel...ZUJJ85Ej6Yfzsk
Add as Japanese reprint.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 06:13 PM

I believe there are other Japanese reprints from Fangamer that may not be in the db. I don't see the one for Undertale, for example.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 06:28 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aifread View Post
I believe there are other Japanese reprints from Fangamer that may not be in the db. I don't see the one for Undertale, for example.
Feel free to add it. The Undertale one is printed entirely in Japanese and has it's own JAN.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 06:44 PM

This is a bit odd, but am I the only one who thinks this release is a little subpar? (I'm sure I need to explain.)

I have the 2LP version of the soundtrack and I greatly enjoy the experience it provides. (This has nothing to do with audio quality.) However, by adding tracks from the Grab Bag and Farewell this is really brought down IMO.

I'm so torn on the Ninth Chapter (Farewell) because I love what it does story wise but the music just doesn't click with me like the music from chapters 1-8 does. Many of the tracks from the original game are fantastic.

Anyway, I'm sure others won't have this problem. I don't have buyer's remorse but I didn't think I'd feel this way once I got the album. Kind of an odd conundrum.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 09:30 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Evans II View Post
This is a bit odd, but am I the only one who thinks this release is a little subpar? (I'm sure I need to explain.)

I have the 2LP version of the soundtrack and I greatly enjoy the experience it provides. (This has nothing to do with audio quality.) However, by adding tracks from the Grab Bag and Farewell this is really brought down IMO.

I'm so torn on the Ninth Chapter (Farewell) because I love what it does story wise but the music just doesn't click with me like the music from chapters 1-8 does. Many of the tracks from the original game are fantastic.

Anyway, I'm sure others won't have this problem. I don't have buyer's remorse but I didn't think I'd feel this way once I got the album. Kind of an odd conundrum.
All of the Chapter 9 and Grab Bag stuff is on Disc 3. Discs 1 and 2 are the original game's soundtrack. It's strange to me to think that having an additional disc of content, even if it's not content you particularly enjoy, detracts from the quality of the overall package if all the music you do like is still there on the first two discs.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 08:27 AM

Um, are you sure about that? I think some of the smaller cues from the grab bag ARE on discs 1 & 2. Things like the "Chapter Complete(s)" "Entering the Mirror" and "Level Up" are not on the LP if I recall.

Yes, I realize I'm splitting hairs, and yeah, it being a CD it's easy to fix, but I didn't realize how important those omissions were to the LP until I listened to the CD.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 01:21 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Evans II View Post
Um, are you sure about that? I think some of the smaller cues from the grab bag ARE on discs 1 & 2. Things like the "Chapter Complete(s)" "Entering the Mirror" and "Level Up" are not on the LP if I recall.

Yes, I realize I'm splitting hairs, and yeah, it being a CD it's easy to fix, but I didn't realize how important those omissions were to the LP until I listened to the CD.
My mistake! Since I already owned the digital version of all of this music before I purchased this CD release, I never bothered to look closely at the track list. So, in this case, I see your point if there are those few incidental tracks that might break the flow or alter the vibe of the album for you.