VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:49 PM

Hmm, I recently found these tracks:

Break the Angels Winds (Beat the Angel Orchestrated)
End of the World (Final Destination Orchestrated)
Fatal Beauty (Fatalize Orchestrated)
Final Stage (Last Battle Decision Orchestrated)
Over the Mountains (Dry Trail Orchestrated)
Saving the World (It Can Waver And Fight Orchestrated)
Separated Worlds (Full Force Orchestrated)
Summoner's Pact (Fighting of the Spirit Orchestrated 1)
Summoner's Pact Finale (Fighting of the Spirit Orchestrated 2)

They looked really well done, so I'm not sure if it's just a good amateur work or what. If someone knows anything, i'm curious to know .
Old Dec 13, 2009, 09:31 PM

Definitely amateur works.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:07 PM

I really wish we had a complete set of scans for this. I keep coming back to this and end up leaving just as confused. None of the scans here mention discs 3 or 4 at all (all I see is "Memories of Sylvarant" plastered across everything). In fact, we don't even have scans of its tracklist. It almost makes me think that "Memories of Tethe'alla" (I can only assume) is a separate release, but I see nothing about that either.

Also, the scans of the discs belong to a completely different release entirely. I see KICA-1340 on the most visible disc (with Raine on it). I've searched all over for a full set of scans, but can't find one anywhere. Could somebody who actually owns the physical album pitch in some scans for it? I don't actually own the physical thing, although I sure wish I did ;__;
Old Apr 8, 2010, 03:13 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

If you look at the "back" cover, catalog number is "SSCX-10105.6"
This means there are probably 2 different cases in a larger box.
The booklet is complete but it's only for the first case (disc 1&2), so we'r missing all the scans corresponding to the 2nd part.
(and also a back scan of the whole package)
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:39 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I have full scans (but not the album) for the booklet, didn't upload them yet because I wanted to check if the scans already there are better or not... Give me some days.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:48 PM

Thanks a lot for the scans! So nice
Old Oct 24, 2015, 01:08 PM

This site has a complete composer breakdown available, but I'm not sure if it's speculation or official. At least it seems kinda reliable...

Takeshi Arai: Refill, Won the battle, Water symphony -despair-, escape from enemy base, Refill -Relical Mode!-, On the very edge!, Shining dew, Nobody knows, A snow light, Rest of the heart -sanctuary-, Forest of the Treant, Zelos ~serious arrange~, Encount with Renegade, Eternal oath, Search a seal ~Tethe Alla~ and Hidden Sorrow. Most of the tracks seem identical with the Collector's Edition attribution. "Eternal oath" however sounds like a typical Sakuraba composition to me and was also arranged by himself on one of the Tales of arrange CDs. Hmm... For Sakuraba and Tamura, it's pretty easy who did what and the source here seems reliable on most tracks. Interestingly, "SHINOBI life" is attributed to Sakuraba (which I attributed to Tamura), so it could mean he is the original composer of ToP's theme... from the info, he is also the arranger of Tamura's "Fighting of the spirit".

Last edited by Mac_Tear; Oct 24, 2015 at 01:18 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Tear View Post
This site has a complete composer breakdown available, but I'm not sure if it's speculation or official. At least it seems kinda reliable...

Takeshi Arai: Refill, Won the battle, Water symphony -despair-, escape from enemy base, Refill -Relical Mode!-, On the very edge!, Shining dew, Nobody knows, A snow light, Rest of the heart -sanctuary-, Forest of the Treant, Zelos ~serious arrange~, Encount with Renegade, Eternal oath, Search a seal ~Tethe Alla~ and Hidden Sorrow. Most of the tracks seem identical with the Collector's Edition attribution. "Eternal oath" however sounds like a typical Sakuraba composition to me and was also arranged by himself on one of the Tales of arrange CDs. Hmm... For Sakuraba and Tamura, it's pretty easy who did what and the source here seems reliable on most tracks. Interestingly, "SHINOBI life" is attributed to Sakuraba (which I attributed to Tamura), so it could mean he is the original composer of ToP's theme... from the info, he is also the arranger of Tamura's "Fighting of the spirit".
That site uses this listing from Japanese retailer Tsutaya as their source, noting that it's unknown if it's accurate or not. I wouldn't add that on the page here, but I'll use it for my own files since there doesn't seem to be anything else to go on, and may never be. I do find it interesting that they credit Takeshi Arai for "Eternal Oath" when that was arranged by Sakuraba for that Destiny 2 PSP promo disc and I was under the impression that those were all tracks that he composed originally.

Last edited by Aifread; Sep 26, 2016 at 04:08 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 06:48 AM

Someone could ask Takeshi Arai on Facebook if the credits are correct.