VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 29, 2009, 01:52 PM

For anyone interested I wrote a small thing on Hoshino's use of processed vocals on the Armored Core soundtracks:
http://anosou.com/?p=103

Last edited by Another Soundscape; May 29, 2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old May 29, 2009, 02:54 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Very interesting article, thank you! I'm very fond of this kind of vocals as well, especially in Armored Core for Answer. My absolute favorite track from this disc is "The Bloody Honey cannot Stop", although I'm not sure it qualifies as processed vocals. "Cosmos" is awesome as well... Oh, this is an amazing soundtrack anyway.

I've never listened to Nexus, I think I should now!
Old May 29, 2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanasea View Post
Very interesting article, thank you! I'm very fond of this kind of vocals as well, especially in Armored Core for Answer. My absolute favorite track from this disc is "The Bloody Honey cannot Stop", although I'm not sure it qualifies as processed vocals. "Cosmos" is awesome as well... Oh, this is an amazing soundtrack anyway.

I've never listened to Nexus, I think I should now!
Nexus is Armored Core prime in my opinion, but it's a bit more electronic compared to AC4 and AC:FA since it's not only Hoshino. I'm glad you enjoyed the article, I intend to write many more on different subjects!
Old May 30, 2009, 02:05 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Thanks for the tip. What subjects do you want to write about next?
Old May 30, 2009, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanasea View Post
Thanks for the tip. What subjects do you want to write about next?
Well, since I just finished a ~14 page paper on the Jade Cocoon soundtrack for university, I might use parts of that.. Otherwise both Omega Five and Senko no Ronde has soundtracks worth writing about. So does Voodoo Vince, Jetpac Refuelled, Digital Devil Saga, Shadow Hearts and about a hundred others I also need to do some more stuff related to Armored Core, maybe the difference in sound on the Last Raven sountrack.

Do you have any requests?
Old May 30, 2009, 08:12 AM
VGMdb Advisor

It all sounds interesting, especially Shadow Hearts since I love these soundtracks. Many soundtracks are worth writing for, to be sure, but the only one I can think of now is Drakengard (Drag-on Dragoon).
Old May 31, 2009, 06:00 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Very interesting, thanks. The processed vocals may be Hoshino himself singing, or at least it's sort of implied here: http://www.myspace.com/kotahoshino0423. He even has lyrics for some songs there.

His other works like Evergrace and Metal Wolf Chaos also use these vocals, and maybe others, unfortunately many of From Software's games don't get official OSTs.

I also think Drag-on Dragoon 1 would make an interesting read, though certainly it won't win any popularity contest (pity...).
Old May 31, 2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
Very interesting, thanks. The processed vocals may be Hoshino himself singing, or at least it's sort of implied here: http://www.myspace.com/kotahoshino0423. He even has lyrics for some songs there.

His other works like Evergrace and Metal Wolf Chaos also use these vocals, and maybe others, unfortunately many of From Software's games don't get official OSTs.

I also think Drag-on Dragoon 1 would make an interesting read, though certainly it won't win any popularity contest (pity...).
Ah, very good, haven't realized that guy has a myspace I know he does some singing himself, he did for Evergrace anyway according to an interview with rocketbaby.net way back.

I'm a huge From Software-fan myself so it pains me that the OSTs are so sadly overlooked. Much like Drag-on Dragoon, very interesting concept and I do like it so that might be next!

Thanks for the kind words!
Old Jun 2, 2009, 06:23 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Weird as hell. :-)