VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 19, 2009, 04:04 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Default gamemusic.com clearance sale

http://www.gamemusic.com/cgi-bin/Web...arance?did=101

There's a veritable treasure trove of mid-90s Falcom stuff in there for cheap, cheap prices. A couple other great deals as well. If you ever wanted the whole Popful Mail drama CD collection, looks like you can get those albums at like $3 apiece. Dag. :P

Ramza
Old Mar 19, 2009, 06:13 AM

Hmm nice... could I confirm that these are brand new authentic Japanese releases complete with obi?
Old Mar 19, 2009, 09:21 AM
VGMdb Advisor

they're all new/sealed with obi. As for authenticity ... they have cat #s listed with them. Gamemusic used to deal some of the old Taiwanese bootlegs, but I don't think I saw any of them on the sale. If they were, though, it'd be obvious by the cat #.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:05 AM

Yeah when they do have a boot, they clearly state the cat number and they don't have the line saying that they're imported from Japan. If I could use someone's address to have the free US shipping I'd gladly appreciate. ; )
Old Mar 19, 2009, 07:28 PM

I just opened the e-mail and thought it was too good to be true. Reports I'm getting say the cat's match, so the albums should be good. I ordered $60 worth of stuff. If they ain't, I'm likely going to request they take my order back and refund EVERYTHING - including shipping. I'm not buying another Taiwanese bootleg.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 11:06 PM

Relax people... I told you when they have a boot you can't miss it.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 04:47 PM

Well, I ordered a bunch of stuff from GMO last Friday, and it all showed up today. 13 CDs, all authentic, for $120. And if I had waited a few more days, I could have saved about $20 on the Wangan Midnight CD.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 02:15 PM

I was about to complete an order when I found out the shipping fees are quite on the expensive side. 30$ for just standard international shipping taking 2 or 3 weeks with no insurance (they don't even let me choose UPS or some other method).
Oh man, too bad, there were some really interesting deals...

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!
Old Mar 25, 2009, 12:43 PM

Grabbed the Dr. Awesome and Kukeiha Club Best CDs they had up for cheap. The $7.55 shipping was a bit of a shock but I'll survive.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 08:18 AM

I'd get the Phantasy Star Online III C.A.R.D Revolution soundtrack, but isn't it copy-protected? I see the little rotating red arrow label on it...

http://www.gamemusic.com/cgi-bin/Web...=10036&did=101

EDIT: Found out right here:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=WWCE-31010

Forget Avex and their lousy copy-protected albums...and I really wanted that one, too...

If I got anything else, I'd go for the Dr. Awesome and Wangan Midnight; might also go for Legend of Zelda ~ Wind Waker.

Here's hoping they get some more stuff on clearance!

Last edited by Bernhardt; Apr 6, 2009 at 08:26 AM.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 08:42 PM

Avex's copy-protected albums haven't stopped me from ripping them like any other album. Final Fantasy X-2 Piano Collections had the same thing, but it came out just fine when I converted them. Unless there's something I'm missing that you may know about.

Anyways, bought $150+ from them (yay, free shipping) for 23 albums.

-LIST-

Phantasy Star Online III C.A.R.D Revolution OST
Very Best of The Legend of Heroes III
The Legend of Heroes IV MIDI Special
Music from The Legend of Heroes IV ~Running Red Blood~
MIDI Piano Sorcerian Forever
The Legend of Heroes III jdk Special Vol.1
The Legend of Heroes III jdk Special Vol.2
Game Sound Legend Arrange Series - Speed & Wind
All Star Pro-Wrestling II OST (<3 Tsuyoshi Sekito)
SNK Original Best
The King of Fighters Best Arrange Collection ~since 94 to 00~
Kukeiha Club & Konami Kukeiha Club Best Vol.1
Lightning Legend ~Daigo no Daibouken~ OGS
GTI Club c/w Jet Wave & Winding Heat OGS
Arc the Lad Generation OST
Final Fantasy X Vocal Collection
Melodies of Life - Emiko Shiratori (FFIX)
2-5 Popful Mail Paradise & Tarako Pappara Paradise CD Dramas

Last edited by cstrife0777; Apr 7, 2009 at 09:49 PM. Reason: list~
Old Apr 23, 2009, 04:25 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

I didn't even see this thread until now. I just visited the site randomly and decided to buy a bunch. I picked up:

DECADE by Dr. Awesome*
Dirge of Cerberus - Final Fantasy VII Original Soundtrack [Limited Edition]
Konami KuKeiHa Club Best Vol. 1*
Phantasy Star Online III Original Sound Track - Let the Winds Blow
Very Best of the Legend of Heroes III*
Wangan Midnight Soundtrack
WORMS 2 - Original Game Soundtrack*

Items with (*) I haven't heard before, so this will be good to hear some new things. I've been wanting to buy the Phantasy Star Online 3 album for years, so this is an absolutely perfect deal.
Old May 15, 2009, 05:24 PM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

There's a soundtrack on gamemusic.com that I'm interested in purchasing but I want to know if anyone could help me to understand something first. The item number is very similar to the catalog number except that there's a "z" pre-seeding it. Should I worry about that? Just wondering. Thanks.

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.
Old May 15, 2009, 11:03 PM
Trusted Editor

Just ordered six albums:
Crimson Skies Original Soundtrack
Age of Mythology Original Soundtrack
Star Ocean Soundtrack
Dracula Best
Genso Suikoden II arrange album - Orrizonte
Star Ocean 3 Arrange Album

International shipping (to Europe, Germany) is kinda pricy though: 28.40 USD...
Old May 16, 2009, 04:21 AM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

Alright, forget my previous comment about the catalog number, I have a new question. Both Dirge of Cerberus -Final Fantasy VII- Original Soundtrack and Dirge of Cerberus -Final Fantasy VII- Original Soundtrack [Limited Edition] are on sale for the same clearance price. Which one should I get?

According to the "Notes" section:

Quote:
CRCP-40137~8: This limited edition release comes in a dvd case, and includes a deluxe box, the "Cerberus Complete Case", which is designed to hold, apart from the soundtrack, the "Dirge of Cerberus -Final Fantasy VII-" PlayStation 2 game and the limited edition release of the single "Redemption".
Am I correct to believe that this album will come along with the limited addition; equaling a better value? Forgive my confusion.

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.
Old May 16, 2009, 07:36 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyLogic View Post
Am I correct to believe that this album will come along with the limited addition; equaling a better value? Forgive my confusion.
Nope, the LE has just the soundtrack + box to contain soundtrack, game and that single.
Old May 16, 2009, 10:02 AM
Trusted Editor

I ordered the LE box a while back at GameMusic.com (back then this was the only edition that was on clearance sale).

Like Razakin stated: It's just the sturdy cardboard box, the soundtrack (in a regular DVD casing), and some cardboard placeholder (that fills the "position" that the game and single should take).
Old May 16, 2009, 11:18 AM

Cool, thanks you two. I think that I'll stick with just the regular one.

Edit: Never mind. Looks as though there's another soundtrack that has caught my interest even more.

Last edited by KeyLogic; May 17, 2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old May 16, 2009, 12:22 PM
Trusted Editor

Good choice btw

Not the best score by Hamauzu IMHO (check out Sigma Harmonics, which is better (again IMHO *g*)), but still a good one
Old May 16, 2009, 03:13 PM

Yup, this one has been on my Wish List for awhile now, and the price is too good to pass up.

Thanks for the recommendation on the Sigma Harmonics OST. I've only listened to the first and second song but I'm liking it already.

Old May 21, 2009, 04:28 PM

Grabbing some SEGAROCKS albums and much more (free shipping again, yay).

Breath of Fire V Dragon Quarter Original Soundtrack
Star Ocean Soundtrack
Star Ocean the Second Story Fantasy Mega Mix
Star Ocean 3 Arrange Album
SEGAROCK Vol. 01
SEGAROCK Vol. 02
SEGAROCKS Live in Japan
Taito Game Music
Gran Turismo 4 Original Game Soundtrack
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty Sound Track 2: The Other Side
Metal Gear AC!D & AC!D2 Original Soundtrack
Dark Chronicle Original Sound Tracks
Genso Suikoden IV Original Soundtrack Limited Edition
"Suteki Da Ne" featured in Final Fantasy X by RIKKI (I don't know why I passed this single on my last order...)
SEGA Saturn History Vocal Collection
Old May 23, 2009, 01:54 PM

So how does one actually make a payment via PayPal?

On the payment method page:

Quote:
We accept payment by credit card or check, money order & Paypal
I can see the first two but nothing for PayPal.

Also does GMO reply to emails? Sent them an email a week ago but with no reply. Their account password recovery facility doesn't even work (not that I need it, just testing).

Last edited by layzee; May 23, 2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old May 23, 2009, 10:46 PM

They're good when you don't have a problem, otherwise they suck.

They force you to use insurance for international shipping, and when I received some cracked cases, they replied: "Sorry, items are sold as is and no refund nor replacement is possible." They make their money on shipping and don't even care about what happens when the items leave the warehouse. Not really cool.

As for the PayPal thing, I don't know, I always use credit card. But I recall you had to choose credit card and then you'll receive a confirmation by mail or something - think I asked them once.

Yep found the answer

<<

Dear Enrico,

Thank you for writing to us at GameMusic.com.

Simply place an order and choose Check/Money Order as your payment
selection. Then go to Paypal.com to submit your payment to [email protected]
, please reference your order number.

Thank you for your support.

Best Regards,
GameMusic.com

>>
Old May 24, 2009, 02:35 AM

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated since I plan on buying almost 50 soundtracks and I would like to have this order completed without, you know, anything going wrong.

I also noticed that GMO has a VERY high initial shipping rate for international customers and this cost goes up by about a dollar for each extra soundtrack added. So non-US customers are better off buying a lot or nothing at all, if you ask me.

Your mentioning of cracked cases does sound a little discouraging though since I'd much prefer my cases to not be damaged. How well packaged was your stuff last time you (or anyone else here) bought from GMO? Good amount of bubble wrap, sturdy cardboard boxes etc...?

I'd go re-order and pay by Credit Card, but some stuff on my shopping cart is now out-of-stock so they can't be readded, so it looks like it's PayPal then.
Old May 25, 2009, 12:15 AM

My stuff came in a flat rate box with some bubblewrap and was tightly packaged (more like snug actually). Nothing was damaged as far as I'm aware. Of course I'm in the states though....
Old May 25, 2009, 02:05 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

I got my stuff weeks ago and it seems all good. Though, I haven't gotten around to listening to it all, since I've been so busy with other music related-tasks.
Old May 25, 2009, 04:32 AM
Trusted Editor

The last time I ordered something at GameMusic.com it was securely packaged - let's see how it is this time
Old May 25, 2009, 06:56 AM

Well, I'd like to chime in as well: I've never had ANY problems with gamemusic.com. In fact, I recommend the site to almost anyone that's interested in VGM or beginning to listen/collect VGM.

With the only place I've had problems with is otaku.com, where in two occasions I received soundtracks with both cracked cases and damaged CDs. I don't bother with them at all after that...

I wholeheartedly recommend gamemusic.com.
Old May 25, 2009, 07:26 AM
Trusted Editor

Hmm, seems like you had a lot of bad luck with Otaku.com.

Most of my VGM collection is from Otaku.com and the only time I had "trouble" with the shipment was because the customs took a ridiculously long time to process it (so not the fault of Otaku). Never received cracked cases or scratched discs. The service and communication is really good, so I really can't complain about the shop.
Old May 25, 2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoZeke View Post
With the only place I've had problems with is otaku.com, where in two occasions I received soundtracks with both cracked cases and damaged CDs. I don't bother with them at all after that...
Now that's interesting. I want to purchase a soundtrack from this site, the condition is "new", but if I'm ultimately going to receive a cracked case or, worst of all, a damaged CD, then there are going to be problems. :|

Has anyone else had troubles with otaku.com or received damaged goods? I'm going to look into this some more before I continue my purchase.

Thanks for the heads up PhycoZeke, you couldn't have had better timing.

Edit: Just saw LiquidAcid's comment.

Last edited by KeyLogic; May 25, 2009 at 07:38 AM.