VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:15 AM

Default Does the Street Fighter II Turbo SNES Soundtrack Exist?

Hi all,

New to the forums, but hopefully someone here might have the key to my question. It's in regards to the Street Fighter II soundtracks. I was trying to find out which soundtrack has these tracks on them:

Street Fighter II Turbo SNES Soundtrack

This is the playlist for the Street Fighter II Turbo for the SNES, however, someone told me they never made a soundtrack for this game. I was wondering if they actually did make it but it's called something else in Japan. Any clues?

Does anyone own any Street Fighter II soundtracks that have these versions of the themes on it? In my opinion the versions shown in this youtube channel is the best Street Fighter II version.

Any help would be appreciate. Thanks so much!!

Last edited by Marshall Applewhite; Aug 22, 2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:05 PM

music from street fighter ii turbo is different from street fighter ii or it could be the same
turbo has what? just new features or I don't know

it's possible the music between versions are the same, you could find some info by searching and using the "advanced search" of the site and putting "street fighter ii" in the product field (not sure it's really useful but I saw some results)
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:23 PM
VGMdb Advisor

No OSTs had music from the SNES or any other port (there are quite a few), only arcade music IIRC. I don't think any(?) of Capcom's home ports, which often had new or arranged tracks (ex SFA1-SFA3, SF3-3S), made it to any album. Pity...

Turbo was the same as II with a couple of extra ending tracks.

Random fact, if you have access to PS2 Street Fighter Alpha Anthology, IIRC the sound test in the secret game (Hyper SFA?) has a bunch of neat oddities. Like SFA2 SNES music, or what appears to be CPS1 SFA2 music (SF2 arcade-style).
Old Aug 23, 2012, 02:41 AM

The Super Famicom Magazine volumes 3 and 4 have them, that is the only place to obtain them and that's pretty much the only reason I bought them.
(You only get the stage themes)
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:01 PM

This looks like it could match up. Can anyone comment on this cd?
http://vgmdb.net/album/26790
Old Aug 28, 2012, 03:44 AM

Again this is Arcade versions. Trust my previous post.