VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Aug 11, 2012, 02:44 PM
Trusted Editor

I've killed the notes for now, since they were highly incorrect. Adding the correct info soon...
Old Aug 11, 2012, 06:20 PM
VGMdb Staff

Hmm, that was the info yodobashi had.

Also, don't forget to re-add this part when you submit the booklet notes:
Quote:
This album was originally scheduled to be released on June 27, 2012, priced at 3059 JPY.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 05:22 AM
Trusted Editor

Almost done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
Hmm, that was the info yodobashi had.
Obviously not a reliable source then. Also I was wondering what happened with our policy that album credits have to based on "hard" proof, which are booklet scans (that's what I'm using now) most of the time.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 05:40 AM
VGMdb Staff

Eh, I'm looking at the booklet credits right now. The credits I added were not "highly incorrect" at all. I'd say what I had before was at least 90~95% accurate (and I'm noticing that a couple were just track number typos, made by me).

Yodobashi is generally a reliable source.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 06:21 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
Obviously not a reliable source then. Also I was wondering what happened with our policy that album credits have to based on "hard" proof, which are booklet scans (that's what I'm using now) most of the time.
We never had that policy, though the booklet scans are the highest tier of proof. Sites like Joshinweb and Yodobashi are generally reliable enough to use when we don't have scans, but ultimately we'd like to get the scans as an absolute reference.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 06:26 AM
Trusted Editor

@nextday:
Oh come on, Ishikawa != Ishiwaka, that's so blatantly obvious by looking at the kanji. And there's more. I'm not going argue anymore about this, just do a QC next time.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 06:30 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
We never had that policy, though the booklet scans are the highest tier of proof. Sites like Joshinweb and Yodobashi are generally reliable enough to use when we don't have scans, but ultimately we'd like to get the scans as an absolute reference.
I remember that people were supposed to provide the source of credits, when they were "imported" externally. So what did happen with that?

EDIT: And I'd like to request some help concerning the chorus credits, which is currently:
ス口一プス

I'm not entirely sure if the second and third character should be indeed the the kanjis 口 and 一, or the kanas ロ and ー. Google tries to correct the second variant to スロウプス (slopes), which would at least be some kind of musical band?

Last edited by LiquidAcid; Aug 12, 2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:10 AM
VGMdb Staff

No need to get so upset about a typo. I don't know much Japanese, so it wasn't blatantly obvious to me.

I was going to type up these booklet credits soon-ish, so I would have completely re-done the credits anyways.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:57 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
No need to get so upset about a typo.
Information on this site quickly propagates through the web, since we're seen as "reference". We don't need even more wrong romanizations, tracklist translations, etc. floating around the web.

If I'm upset here, then it's because I thought staff members would act a bit more responsible.

Quote:
I don't know much Japanese
Neither do I.

Quote:
I was going to type up these booklet credits soon-ish, so I would have completely re-done the credits anyways.
See my first quote.

------------------------

Left Hiroto Sasaki unlinked, since I'm unsure about him being the guy which we've got in the DB.

EDIT: No idea what to do with Takumi Kaneko.

Last edited by LiquidAcid; Aug 12, 2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:01 PM
VGMdb Staff

I guess I will have to try harder to become a saint that never makes even a small mistake. Only then will I meet your expectations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid
No idea what to do with Takumi Kaneko.
I think it's pretty clear that he should be credited as an arranger.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 03:00 PM
Trusted Editor

I think we can make a pretty good argument for the <featuring Nobuhiko Okamoto as Seiji Matsuoka sings> and the other <feat...> to not really be part of the track titles. Should they be removed?