VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 21, 2009, 08:37 AM

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-lis...on=collectible
lol, $3,000 yer right, nobody gonna pay that.
Seems I got myself a bargain.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 05:25 PM

lol that cracked me up, delusional I must say, buying directly from Konami would be much cheaper.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 12:59 AM

maybe they just recognise how awesome the OST is ;>
Old Jan 22, 2010, 04:02 PM

I'm no good at translations by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm looking over the liner notes and I'm thinking how can some of these be right?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 11:39 AM

Can someone at least show me WHERE the exclamation marks are on track 68 cos im scratching around, maybe I need glasses.
Oh and track 48 where it says x12, and its clearly written 2.2 on the back of the case, I must be an idiot.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 11:53 AM
VGMdb Administrator

It looks like this is an older translation that came from GMR online. Those two tracks don't quite match up with the Japanese titles, so I'd recommend changing them.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:28 PM

Gonna try again with this one, and ask anybody who would like to help with translations to be alot more closer. I would love to finish my rip of this some day. Any help would be very much valued.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 09:50 AM

It's too bad this doesn't have a composer breakdown

Unless... Shigeru Araki, Yasumasa Kitagawa, Hirotaka Kurita, Yusuke Kato, Nobuyuki Akena .. were all involved in every single track besides 1 & 22.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:39 AM

This is one of those soundtracks, where only little information is available in terms of composers. Personally, this and the first N64 Goemon soundtrack, are some of my all-time favourite game soundtracks, and it's a shame that they receive this minimum of recognition. Wikipedia tells a bit of the audio in a short section...

Quote:
A team of five composers created the game's main sound track, each personally writing several demos and arranging finished pieces
I don't think the liner notes in the booklet reveal more information, either, as in most of Konami's soundtracks. Yasumasa Kitagawa is one of those, which are a bit prominent these days. Maybe someone should contact him via Facebook and try to ask him. Also, his former partner of ROCK-MEN, Masahiro Aoki, recently gave an interview at GAME MUSIC ONLINE, so why not also Kitagawa, if it's possible? I'll try to suggest that one.

Last edited by Mac_Tear; Jul 17, 2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 04:06 PM

Hard as he's still a resident Capcom employee and probably won't be allowed to talk about other company's works. Would be keen to arrange something if he ever went freelance tho.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 08:15 PM

I added a shot showing the ring of the disc. I'm not sure this album has been pirated before, so it could be useful for owners or people looking to purchase it.